Won't fix Is there a way to hide the "news" completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm using GBATemp to chat about Nintendo stuff with a large community on a forum, since Nintendo decided to shut down support forums. I believe that a majority of people here also come here for the forums.

Yet, there are a lot of distractions trying to distract you from the forums completely to the "news". Not only on the main page (my last post talked about how the main page doesn't care about the forums at all and it has been discussed already), but also on the forum threads. And the topbar has 11 items, only 1 of which are the forums.

Even if I set up a note on the main page with a link to the forums (the thing I come here for), I can only put it at the second place, the first place being a huge banner with news that you cannot remove or hide, or replace.

The fact that's annoying me isn't the fact that news are present on this site, it's the fact that it isn't just in the sticky threads or a dedicated subforum, it rather takes up huge sections of content on the website. Also, if Nintendo announces something, isn't it already on 20s of different websites in google searches in 2 hours?

If this post came up as aggressive, sorry. I just don't understand why would I want to view news on a site which is mainly meant for the forums, and why there isn't a hide option for the people not interested.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So uh...just don't use the home page? I keep a bookmark specifically for gbatemp.net/forums because I don't use the homepage often, no reason you can't do that.

Either way, News is a huge portion of GBAtemp and we're not going to add in some option to remove it for you, sorry. Quite frankly you can just leave if you're not interested.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So uh...just don't use the home page? I keep a bookmark specifically for gbatemp.net/forums because I don't use the homepage often, no reason you can't do that.

Either way, News is a huge portion of GBAtemp and we're not going to add in some option to remove it for you, sorry. Quite frankly you can just leave if you're not interested.
I went here just for the forums...

The news are already in stickied threads. So why should I have them stickied not on the forums, but also on 90% of the homepage and even on forum threads.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can bookmark the section of the forum you want to access if you don't want to see the home page with all the news.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Because this isn't "ONDRASHEK06temp" and we don't cater to whatever you care about?

Again, you literally never have to go to the homepage or to these sections. If you don't want to see them...don't go there? We're not going to change the entire site for you. If you don't like it, you can leave. Use an adblocker to block content you don't want to see. Gouge your eyeballs out if seeing a news section is oh so offensive to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.