Gaming Since the 3k is going to be dinosaur'd...

Purplebeaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Primarily because I'm butthurt over Disgaea 2 not being able to work on my 3k; which also means future games will also not be able to work on it, and the new decrypter allowing 1k and 2ks to play whatever they want still, I'm considering downgrading from my 3k to something more... hackable.

So in light of this, I'm wondering if I should trade in the 3k for a 1k or 2k; obligatory: which one's better? And since I cannot stand the inherit weight and feel of the 1ks, if that were the better of the two, is there a way to fit it in a 3k shell?

In fact, I'm looking at the general specs between the 2k and 3k, there's really no difference between the two is there? There's no point in the mic, so I can readily accept that not being a part of the 2k, but the LCD upgrade makes me wary, is the difference really that noticeably bad?

If I'm able to trade in the 3k for the 2k, is there a firmware or anything I should look out for, since I'm going to ask to look over the system before I buy it, like I did for the 3k to make sure it had a low firmware.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Purplebeaver said:
Primarily because I'm butthurt over Disgaea 2 not being able to work on my 3k; which also means future games will also not be able to work on it, and the new decrypter allowing 1k and 2ks to play whatever they want still, I'm considering downgrading from my 3k to something more... hackable.

So in light of this, I'm wondering if I should trade in the 3k for a 1k or 2k; obligatory: which one's better? And since I cannot stand the inherit weight and feel of the 1ks, if that were the better of the two, is there a way to fit it in a 3k shell?

In fact, I'm looking at the general specs between the 2k and 3k, there's really no difference between the two is there? There's no point in the mic, so I can readily accept that not being a part of the 2k, but the LCD upgrade makes me wary, is the difference really that noticeably bad?

If I'm able to trade in the 3k for the 2k, is there a firmware or anything I should look out for, since I'm going to ask to look over the system before I buy it, like I did for the 3k to make sure it had a low firmware.

okay. First of all, you are not alone in this department.
I have access to 2K and a 3K but I dont really own the 2K.
I am still able to use it more often than I need to, but the difference between the two is its LCD.
The colours and texture on a 3K looks very good compared to a 2K (where everything looks watered down)
and it just has more VIVID and crisp display.

The difference is more obvious if put side by side for comparison, but there is a good youtube video which shows this.
You should take a look at it.

You are not the only one disappointed with Disgaea 2 (which I thought would work as it was released earlier than any other) and for me at least, undead knights (not so much Gran Turismo). I was rather pissed off actually to be honest, but got over it and gave up in the end.

I would say you keep the 3K and start buying games or wait a few more months for any potential solution but if you want to play the games now, 2K isn't that bad of a choice.
If you ask me though, I would not want to give up the vivid display of a 3K. Hope this answers your question.

Purplebeaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It goes without saying that I have no problem buying the games, but doesn't Disgaea 2 require OFW 5.50 to run, so it's not worth the trade.

But thank you for the opinions, I do rather appreciate the vivid life the 3k brings to the screen, but if there truly were no hope for the 3ks being resuscitated back to life, I'd bite the bullet to downgrade in order to upgrade.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alot of the newer games are now working on the 2000/3000 psp due to a eboot dycrpter being released a few days ago. disgaea 2 and gran turismo and dirt 2 are to name but a few of the newer games that now run without problems. some even run on 5.00-m33 but most need the 5.50 gen b2 full to get them running..............................sudeki300

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
sudeki300 said:
alot of the newer games are now working on the 2000/3000 psp due to a eboot dycrpter being released a few days ago. disgaea 2 and gran turismo and dirt 2 are to name but a few of the newer games that now run without problems. some even run on 5.00-m33 but most need the 5.50 gen b2 full to get them running..............................sudeki300

OP knows about that. That is why he is disappointed with Disgaea 2.
I too am thinking of this but the PSP 3K's LCD is not worth giving up in my opinion. The game decrypter so far is only version 2, so I have my hopes on that being a potential solution AND the upcoming OFW 6.10 could be tempered with to suit the PSP 3K's needs (sounds a lil too far fetched but gotta keep hoping)

Purplebeaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm rocking the 5.03 GEN-A still, since we can't yet update. The decrypted Disgaea 2 won't work, eternal black screen still. Sadface panda

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Purplebeaver said:
Yeah, I'm rocking the 5.03 GEN-A still, since we can't yet update. The decrypted Disgaea 2 won't work, eternal black screen still. Sadface panda

PSP 3000 will be stuck at that until a new firmware vulnerability arises or a pandora method be found, whichever come first =\.

Purplebeaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm docked at CFW central and browsing the gift shop; when I first got my psp and got a cfw I went straight for GEN, so my m33 knowledge is at rank 1. It looks like 5.00 M33-6 can rock everything GEN can do, including Disgaea 2?

It doesn't look like there's any penalties to m33 for 3k, unless I'm missing something, which could be a case since my eyes are starting to get heavy now.

By the look of it I'd have to downgrade to ofw 5.0 to use it, first of all? People seem to like m33, but since it's a new boat for me I've got to question the passengers before boarding it myself.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I dont care about the 3k as I can see well on my PSP2001. What's the point? it drains battery much faster than what you think.

I can only accept the 3k if it's HD 1080p/i ready. other than that, it's a piece of paper weight to me.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
I am glad i got two psp 1003 and 3003 so it a win,win situation for me
yaypsp.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Chris_Skylock said:
I dont care about the 3k as I can see well on my PSP2001. What's the point? it drains battery much faster than what you think.

I can only accept the 3k if it's HD 1080p/i ready. other than that, it's a piece of paper weight to me.

1080p at a tiny screen is pointless, hahaha. But yes, PSP 3000 is an unneeded upgrade, just to DRM enforcement.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Purplebeaver said:
Ok, I'm docked at CFW central and browsing the gift shop; when I first got my psp and got a cfw I went straight for GEN, so my m33 knowledge is at rank 1. It looks like 5.00 M33-6 can rock everything GEN can do, including Disgaea 2?

It doesn't look like there's any penalties to m33 for 3k, unless I'm missing something, which could be a case since my eyes are starting to get heavy now.

By the look of it I'd have to downgrade to ofw 5.0 to use it, first of all? People seem to like m33, but since it's a new boat for me I've got to question the passengers before boarding it myself.

I have not tested disgaea 2 on m33 but let me know if you get it working. We're in the same boat after all xD

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
fkw12 said:
Purplebeaver said:

I have not tested disgaea 2 on m33 but let me know if you get it working. We're in the same boat after all xD

There is a rumor it is working @ UMD Driver mode = normal and a UMD @ drive.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yuan said:
fkw12 said:
Purplebeaver said:

There is a rumor it is working @ UMD Driver mode = normal and a UMD @ drive.

I got no UMD anyway xD thanks though
R4 RIP. Indeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)