Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello, I think I have a problem. I have a N3DS EU 10.1 and after the downgrade (every CIA was installed succesfully) booting only results in black screens with backlight on. The Network LED is flickering like normal. I can enter the Power Off menu, and from there trying to enter the HOME Menu, results in an infinite loading screen. Am I bricked? How can I fix this?
What do I do?? :cry:

Paul Ik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can someone help me with this ? i had no idea whats goin on this.....

mine is O3DS, firmware is 10.3.28U

Attachments

• 12528077_1109454135732564_498343902_n.jpg
    12528077_1109454135732564_498343902_n.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 232

Seth1212

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use the Kernel Exploit??????????? I have been trying for over 6 hours to do this! I have reset my 3ds 10 times.

Last edited by Seth1212,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Guys, I've fixed it. But THIS IS IMPORTANT, PLEASE ADD IT TO THE OP:
If you had HOMEMenuHax installed before the downgrade, and get black screens on boot, remove the (micro)SD card, boot, and while in the HOME Menu, put it back in again, and change theme!

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Guys, I've fixed it. But THIS IS IMPORTANT, PLEASE ADD IT TO THE OP:
If you had HOMEMenuHax installed before the downgrade, and get black screens on boot, remove the (micro)SD card, boot, and while in the HOME Menu, put it back in again, and change theme!

It's already on OP under common problems

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
It's already on OP under common problems
It only tells you to remove the SD card. This does not solve the problem. I mean, yeah, you can access your 3DS, but not stuff on your card.

dekudude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sysUpdate won't detect the CIA files and their on the root of the SD in a folder titled updates. any one got some black magic that'll make it work?

Edit with more information:
directory is
SD>updates> .cia

the error specifically reads:

getting CIA file informations...

titleException:
main.cpp148: Result: 0xD900192F
failed to get CIA file info!

Last edited by dekudude,

Rashka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I successfully downgraded to 9.2.0-20U. However, when I try to play super smash bros 3ds with the cartridge, it loads up the 3ds logo and then goes to a black screen. any help would be appreciated.
Same problem here.
And if it starts (every third try) it says:
unable to find the latest data for ssb....
Please close game and go to Nintendo estoppel to download latest update data to your SD

Any suggestions how to update ssb w/o a System update?

D.Loro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
summary:
i just got an o3ds today, and have been desperately trying since early in the morning to downgrade my console. I got browserhax working , but my problem is that everytime i try sysupdater, the app begins to run, but once the app is started up, no buttons or responsive. When i hit y to downgrade nothing happens, doesnt let me hit b to exit or anything like that.

Information
o3ds 10.3.0-28U
sdhc card 16 gb(formatted to fat32)
sysupdater 0.4.2 by prof i200
browserhax ( i dont have any games)

The only usefulness is to install BrowserHax other decent and functional Hax. MenuHax installed, you do not need any game and try for there.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Am I completely safe to do the downgrade if I have a nand mod installed on my EU N3DS XL 9.0 OFW? I want to update to 10.3 firmware or any other newer firmware than my own to try this downgrade method just for "science purpose". Am I able to downgrade all my 9.0 files? Would some files got stuck, corrupt, non downgradable or whatever if I do so?!?!?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The downgrading itself is stable, since it's just sysupdater. The kernel exploit is obviously unstable and takes some time to get into. As for the solutions, I've tried them all, with the exception of formatting the console itself.
Stop arguing with me, with a 20% failure rate and still having bricks, user error or otherwise it's still unstable. The AUTHORs say it's unstable and people shouldn't use it. Give me a break. Why are you so insistent of feeling like you need to be right?!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Radical, thanks. I will definitely give this a try. Another question is, do I just put the updates folder in my SD? I was checking the files to see if they matched the hash and it didn't seem like any matched.

yes on your SD in a folder called updates.

I think the only hash people are using is a hash of the zip file to confirm it's the right package.

Am I completely safe to do the downgrade if I have a nand mod installed on my EU N3DS XL 9.0 OFW? I want to update to 10.3 firmware or any other newer firmware than my own to try this downgrade method just for "science purpose". Am I able to downgrade all my 9.0 files? Would some files got stuck, corrupt, non downgradable or whatever if I do so?!?!?

If you have hard mod and a NAND backup and you are sure the NAND backup is GOOD then you should be OK. I don't understand the rest of your post. I don't understand what "am I able to downgrade all my 9.0 files" means.

Certainly something can go wrong. Lots of people have problems with the downgrade. BUT, if you have a hard mod it should be recoverable if you brick the system and it will no longer boot.

What do I do?? :cry:

take out sd card and try booting again.

Clamper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now neither homemenuhax and ironhax won't run on my 3DS on 9.2 and when i go to the webpage of the browser hax (auto detect) it just shows a very tiny slider and nothing else happens. When i click in the slide the browser gives me an error. Any tips about getting back to homebrew launcher?

Edit: in case someone has the same problem...

After doing the "initialize save data" on the browser app i managed to make the slider hax to work by qr scanning (open the camera and click on the square icon bottom left) the auto detector on yls8 website and clicking on the slider. Took a few 3ds reboots to get into the hb because it was giving me an error and going back to home menu. After a few tries managed to get into hb channel and installed menuhax again.

Last edited by Clamper,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think