Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevAqn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was 10.3, yes. With the starter pack, installing menuhax is as simple as going to the included MenuHax_manager app and selecting install, so there's no compiling required. Although, it did take me like 25+ tries before I had any luck... you may want to stick to the version you have for now, although 10.3 is currently compatible with browserhax, plus you can install IronHax using the old version installer and have that too. Whatever you end up doing, I would recommend not bothering to format, which seems to be a popular last resort on this thread. Its not worth losing whatever games/user data you have on there.
Welp, Updated and now I can't get menuhax to install... And I still don't get a confirmation on sysUpdater when running it through browserhax. Hell I can't even do anything with the menu on sysUpdater.

I literally can't get anything to work...

Last edited by KevAqn,

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to downgrade my new 3ds xl USA to 9.2.

I ran into some issues with sysUpdater; it kept giving my a cia error...unable to get info. To fix all I did was wait a few minutes once I booted up sysUpdater then press Y and leave it alone for 10 mins.

Reactions: Father Crilly

brunomyrrha

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got a thing. My updater was freezing until I've put the sysUpdate files into a manual created sysUpdate folder (with capital U).

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, Updated and now I can't get menuhax to install... And I still don't get a confirmation on sysUpdater when running it through browserhax. Hell I can't even do anything with the menu on sysUpdater.

I literally can't get anything to work...
What trouble is MenuHax giving you?

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question!

I've downgraded an O3DS XL US from 10.3 to 9.2

When I was downgrading MSET through rxtools menu and installed the mset profile exploit by Browser,
it still just shows the ds profile, the mset doesn't seem to be downgraded. I'm using nightly September build

Should I downgrade via cia on devmode sysnand?

KevAqn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What trouble is MenuHax giving you?
I guess me being a dumbass and not realizing that my theme management data was wiped somewhere in things i did.

But yeah I'm now on 10.3, and run sysUpdater with menuhax and I don't get any number confirmations when seeing the menu... I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like this?

Last edited by KevAqn,

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing it should show is 'Reading CIA files' or something if it worked correctly. Take me through your routine, did you try opening any other apps before sysUpdate just to exercise the memory?

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying my 2nd 2DS but not sure if this is bad.
Its at "Getting CIA file informations..."
Then the next line is all garbled and I see nothing else. I remember the other one was finished within 3 mins. this one has been like this for about 4 mins.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got it. Probably 200 attempts, but I got it. N3DS 10.3.0-28U -> 9.2.0-20U This last time, the only homebrew apps I had on the SD were FTBrony and Sysupdater 0.4.2b. I formatted the SD card with 32kb clusters. Copied EVERY file over with Teracopy and CRC checked them to make absolutely certain they were right. Used Menuhax as my entry point. Before I started the downgrade, I fired up FTBrony, but unlike all my previous attempts, I just let it sit there for a full minute or so. Exited out with B twice, opened up Sysupdater, and it just worked. Thanks to everybody that gave ideas. The morale boosts of knowing I wasn't the only one and that success was coming for many people helped a ton with keeping me trying.
How did you use menuhax when you sAy you only had sysupdater and ft tony on your memory card?

KevAqn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing it should show is 'Reading CIA files' or something if it worked correctly. Take me through your routine, did you try opening any other apps before sysUpdate just to exercise the memory?

So what I've been trying to do from the very start is (assuming empty sdcard and no menuhax installed):
Paste the starter kit.
Paste my updates folder with 9.2
Paste the sysUpdater
Load browserhax and install menuhax
Load menuhax
Load ftBRONY, exit
load sysUpdater (nothing seems to work here, I've had it display nothing, load to a yellow screen and not show the menu, show the menu but seem to not respond to anything that I press. Once I had it mention it failed and spit something out about CIA files.)

TeppisLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It Worked! I used the sysupdater on page 95. Used the correct Firmware package, checked their checksum, then booted up menuhacks and booted up ftpony, then mashed B to get back to HBL and start the sysUpdater, then it gave me the option to downgrade. It only took me two tries.

N3DS Hyrule edition 10.3U -> 9.2U.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    820.4 KB · Views: 189

KevAqn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill try them but they're the same file size of the ones I have right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Seems to be working as I see it's installing cia files now... The hell..

KevAqn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh thanks, been sitting at the settings load screen hoping it would show the version number :P

Am I missing something or do I have bad luck, can load anything except the system settings :(

Ha wrong pack to install, welp time to fiddle around more.

Last edited by KevAqn,

Tcj13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After many attempts with ftBRONY and different way to load the HBL.I kept on getting the "error getting CIA file information" noting worked until I booted the "ironhax Installer" then exited it and tried "sysUpdater" worked at the first time!!

Last edited by Tcj13,

TeppisLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh thanks, been sitting at the settings load screen hoping it would show the version number :P

Am I missing something or do I have bad luck, can load anything except the system settings :(

Ha wrong pack to install, welp time to fiddle around more.
You installed the wrong firmware pack? You're godly lucky your 3ds didn't brick.

demsondjoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Worked perfectly fine. reformatted 3ds and sd and use ninjhax2.5 (sky3ds cubic ninja). o3dsxl 10.3.0u to 9.2.0u.
what should i do now? lol

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to downgrade once again. This time I added some dummy DBS files as per the suggestion of one reddit user. It honestly helped with starting the downgrade, but the end result was once again a soft-brick. Hmmm... I have a gut feeling I probably have to format the 3DS, which wouldn't be all too bad TBH, since I have my O3DS emunand linked with it. Has anyone figured out how to fix the constant soft-bricking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm NEVER horny