Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, just need a little more courage before.

Courage for what? Are you afraid it's going to brick? As long as you follow the steps correctly (pretty easy) it's practically impossible to get a brick on an O3DS. No one has so far anyway. If you do get a brick, it will be a "soft brick" which can be fixed easily.

Reactions: trsoares

hideky92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno why but my 2ds doesn't want to execute browserhax, is there something special I have to do? On my N3ds executes right away after entering the theme menu and all that. I just don't get what am I doing wrong. It gets the qr code the lower screen changes color two times and then it fails and send me to home menu. Thanks in advance for the help. It's a 2ds on the latest fw btw (10.3-28E).
PD: For downgrading purposes I should be using the 9.2.0E cias for the O3ds right?

seb5049

Trophies
XP
Country
Using an Old 3ds 10.3-28E. I've just had my 3rd softbrick, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried both menuhax and Oothax. I don't want to format the system, at least not until I have to to install emunand. It's getting annoying having my homescreen jumbled up and getting notifications about Play Coins or Sleep mode or whatever.

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
Using an Old 3ds 10.3-28E. I've just had my 3rd softbrick, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried both menuhax and Oothax. I don't want to format the system, at least not until I have to to install emunand. It's getting annoying having my homescreen jumbled up and getting notifications about Play Coins or Sleep mode or whatever.

Can you explain the steps you have taken prior to and when downgrading? Maybe then I can figure out what's wrong.

Welcius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno why but my 2ds doesn't want to execute browserhax, is there something special I have to do? On my N3ds executes right away after entering the theme menu and all that. I just don't get what am I doing wrong. It gets the qr code the lower screen changes color two times and then it fails and send me to home menu. Thanks in advance for the help. It's a 2ds on the latest fw btw (10.3-28E).
PD: For downgrading purposes I should be using the 9.2.0E cias for the O3ds right?
Sometimes it's a bit random, usually doing a shutdown and then powering on the console again works, try again if still. Also I have heard that spamming the zoom button maked it run more times but seems the same for me

EDIT: Yes, 2DS is an old3DS

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
right, 3DS default SD card with 2048kb cluster size crashs often when oppening sysUpdater, this DIDN'T happen with my previous SD card

i'm too afraid to downgrade with this

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
so 2048kb?
The card default as I think cluster size varies depending on card size.
right, 3DS default SD card with 2048kb cluster size crashs often when oppening sysUpdater, this DIDN'T happen with my previous SD card

i'm too afraid to downgrade with this
just wait a while then. You don't wanna mess it up.

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seems like I'm not able to downgrade again, been trying for almost two hours at this point and all I've got were "Failed to get CIA file info" errors.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is using a o3ds XL with firmware 10.3. I followed the tutorial exactly but my friend said nothing happens after pressing Y for downgrading. He tried it more than 10 times. He got installed browserhax because he don't own CN or OOT.

Can someone help why its not working?

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is using a o3ds XL with firmware 10.3. I followed the tutorial exactly but my friend said nothing happens after pressing Y for downgrading. He tried it more than 10 times. He got installed browserhax because he don't own CN or OOT.

Can someone help why its not working?

keep trying. it's taken many more tries than 10 for people to actually get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music