Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I've just tried downgrading my 10.3.0-28E N3DS via SysUpdater (to 9.2E), it gave me an error saying that SysUpdater couldn't find a .cia (?), and aborted the rest of the process. Now I can't access the settings app anymore, and when I try to get into recovery, I just get a black screen. What should I try?

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I've just tried downgrading my 10.3.0-28E N3DS via SysUpdater (to 9.2E), it gave me an error saying that SysUpdater couldn't find a .cia (?), and aborted the rest of the process. Now I can't access the settings app anymore, and when I try to get into recovery, I just get a black screen. What should I try?

Try reformatting.

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't get into the settings app, so I'm afraid I really can't :/ Also, are games linked to my Nintendo ID? Am I going to lose every game in the process?

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get into the settings app, so I'm afraid I really can't :/ Also, are games linked to my Nintendo ID? Am I going to lose every game in the process?

How silly of me, I forgot you needed the settings thing to reformat. Probably wrong but turn off your 3DS, remove SD card and turn on again.

You're able to install legit .cias on 10.3 (there's a tutorial here on GBAtemp). You could install the settings .cia. You might need to delete the old one first.

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How silly of me, I forgot you needed the settings thing to reformat. Probably wrong but turn off your 3DS, remove SD card and turn on again.

You're able to install legit .cias on 10.3 (there's a tutorial here on GBAtemp). You could install the settings .cia. You might need to delete the old one first.
Hmm, I've already tried accessing the app with no SD inserted... I guess I'm going to try and reinstall the Settings app. I was wondering, would retrying to downgrade solve my problem by any chance?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If i downgrade my 10.3 3DS, with as only entry point Menuhax, will i be able to launch into the home-brew channel?

akira123

Trophies
XP
Country
My SD card is no longer working with my 3DS now that I've downgraded... It just loads to a black screen when turned on. How can I fix this?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'ma just wait it out and downgrade my console when Gateway releases full support for 10.3. I don't even trust KTM or SU.

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I've already tried accessing the app with no SD inserted... I guess I'm going to try and reinstall the Settings app. I was wondering, would retrying to downgrade solve my problem by any chance?

It's worth a try.

If i downgrade my 10.3 3DS, with as only entry point Menuhax, will i be able to launch into the home-brew channel?

No, you'll need to install ninjhax/oot3dhax but choose 9.2 (or whatever FW you're downgrading to) when installing it. Or you can use ninjhax/oot3dhax to install the Menuhax 9.2 version.

eww an error ocurred. again. Damn, sysupdater y u hate my DS :(

This is for the 3DS, not DS.

What's the error?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, you'll need to install ninjhax/oot3dhax but choose 9.2 (or whatever FW you're downgrading to) when installing it. Or you can use ninjhax/oot3dhax to install the Menuhax 9.2 version.
I just read that the 9.2 browser doesn't block when not on the latest version. so i can use that.

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
I just read that the 9.2 browser doesn't block when not on the latest version. so i can use that.

No, you can't. Browserhax will be installed for 10.3, not 9.2. You may be able to edit your browserhax files to work with 9.2 but you'll have to find out how to do that from someone/somewhere else because I don't know how.

Edit: Maybe you could just reinstall it, I've never used it so I don't know.

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Downgrade. Gateway runs homebrew. You can forget about Menuhax working or not, you won't need it. You can install it again with Gateway to use as a backup, if you want.

Why didn't you tell me earlier?

hahaha

Sorry man, i only said if i should waiting for 10.3 exploit and that i want to use with Gateway, forgot to say that i already have one.

Thanks for the help anyway and sorry for the trouble.

Reactions: Father Crilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock