Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, tried to downgrade my n3ds. gave me "an error has occurred" both with and without micro sd on startup. recovery mode, updating now. should i just keep trying and hope it works or is there anything else i can do?

jwitz

Trophies
XP
Country
Redownload your firmware pack and recheck. Failed to get cia info may mean your firmware CIA is damaged.

Hello thanks for replying.

I have re downloaded, checked the sum and it was fine. Copied into updates folder on root. Still having "titleException:main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F Failed to get CIA file info!"

Feeling a bit hopeless. Not sure what else I can try... Someone who has succesfully downgraded on a N3DS, could you PM the link you used for your firmware files? Would really appreciate it...

shadowharold

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
well, tried to downgrade my n3ds. gave me "an error has occurred" both with and without micro sd on startup. recovery mode, updating now. should i just keep trying and hope it works or is there anything else i can do?
Mine says updating please wait do not turn off the system, but the progress bar does not move.
ITS UPDATING PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I AM NOT DOING THIS AGAIN.

Last edited by shadowharold,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Though there are people claiming that KTM procedure is very similar to the last build of sysUpdater, so the success rate will be the same.
I don't know if it is true or not... better not D:

Yhaby05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i just want to know the worst case scenario in downgrading a new 3ds xl? Im new to 3ds world. Thank you :D

Owl Whiskey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm sorry if this has been answered already but I personally can't find the answer anywhere. I was on 10.1U O3DS and downgraded "successfully" to 9.2U with the latest sysupdater and the Cia files from OP, but now I cant access my haxs. OOTHax just froze while loading, BrowserHax just displays colors on the bottom screen (usually gray and yellow), MenuHax seems to have uninstalled, and as for IronHax, I can't load Ironfall because when I select it the black screen with "3DS" and the red waves does not go away... Can someone help please? :wacko:

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello thanks for replying.

I have re downloaded, checked the sum and it was fine. Copied into updates folder on root. Still having "titleException:main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F Failed to get CIA file info!"

Feeling a bit hopeless. Not sure what else I can try... Someone who has succesfully downgraded on a N3DS, could you PM the link you used for your firmware files? Would really appreciate it...

load another hombrew app like ftbrony, exit from the app, then try again.

shadowharold

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Ok I am back with my saved from the dead 2DS I guess I'll wait for KTM and if not I have a lot of Legit Cias to play.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chances of getting it back? I cant backup nand cause i dont have gateway. Sad.
when we say permanently ruin we mean permanently ruin, trashed, unrecoverable, sell it on ebay for parts.

It has happened to several people and there is no way back unless you can beg nintendo into fixing it.

gateway wouldn't help you anyway since you need 9.0/9.2 to use it.

Only way to be safe is to install hardmod and read out the NAND manually and save it PRIOR to downgrade. Big pain in the ass.

Last edited by gallymimu,

Yhaby05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when we say permanently ruin we mean permanently ruin, trashed, unrecoverable, sell it on ebay for parts.

It has happened to several people and there is no way back unless you can beg nintendo into fixing it.

gateway wouldn't help you anyway since you need 9.0/9.2 to use it.

Only way to be safe is to install hardmod and read out the NAND manually and save it. Big pain in the ass.

Thank you. Scaryyy.. i will wait for a safe method then. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For you, no. Your system will be done for good if you mess up. Be careful

Then i have to wait for a safe method. Thanks much :D

Reactions: Ruby Gloom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.