Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Congratulations. Did you use my method?
Yes I did.
I also installed PastaCFW, that also works for installing unsigned CIA's for the people that are curious.

EDIT: In order to play your *ahem* pirated games, you do need to restart your 3DS into Pasta mode everytime you want to play them. Otherwise you'll get a "This software is corrupt, download it again from the eshop bla bla" error

Last edited by Boy12,
Reactions: Father Crilly

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to report a successful case of downgrading a N3DS XL.

DowngradeD N3DS 10.3 to 9.2 Successfully in one go.

3DS model: 10.3.0-28U N3DS XL Zelda Hyrule Edition
Entrypoint: Inronfall Invasion 1.1 - Ironhax 2.5
sysupdater version: sysUpdater-0.4.2b-libkhax-SAFEMODE-priority (from the thread on that common place. Link is on the same line as the firmware package)

Summary of downgrading process:

Change and use default theme -> Delete all network connections -> connect to 1 unsecured WIFI network (my own network)-> transfer updates file and sysupdater.3dsx through Nintendo micro SD management app -> when transfer's complete, run Ironhax 2.5 -> Open RetroArch gamebatte then quit it cleanly (using quite retroarch option) -> run sysupdater -> hit Y button to downgrade -> Wait 5 minutes (Checking mail) -> Profit with a 9.2.0-20U N3DS XL!!!

Other note: This is very clean N3DS XL, just boot up for the first time and updated to 10.3 earlier today, so I could get Ironfall Invasion game for Ironhax 2.5. I have OOThax to get the old Eshop downloader app, so I didn't touch BrowserHax and MenuHax. I don't use OOTHAX directly because terrible boot rate (often hangs at hax debug screen).

Edit: OP! Please fix the SHA-1, there shouldn't be "question mark" "?" at the end on those of N3DS

Last edited by tivu100,

Chewiesaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
It froze midway. Also, I can't try it again... I don't have a system to do that on... Should I have her try once more...?
I wouldn't risk it, I myself gave up after soft bricking a fresh out of the box EU N3DS XL twice, it always freezes shortly after sysupdater is launched, the two times I actually managed to start the downgrade process are both when it got bricked due to freezes during the process, among countless freezes on launch or before the sysupdater text was fully loaded.

All those signs made me stop, it wasn't meant to be for me :P.

Last edited by Chewiesaurus,

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
News 3ds here, pressed y a few minutes agao, nothing seems to be happening. Should i reset or wait longer?

btw what is the button combo to reset back to home brew menu? thanks

sammikins_th3_kitt3n

♾️Neurodivergent🏳️‍⚧️trans🍼crinklefur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Canadian n3ds xl crashed on "getting CIA file information"
Now when I try to boot the blue light comes on but no yellow light
Is it bricked???

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wouldn't risk it, I myself gave up after soft bricking a fresh out of the box N3DS XL twice, it always freezes shortly after sysupdater is launched, the two times I actually managed to start the downgrade process are both when it got bricked due to a freezes during the process, among countless freezes on launch or while the text was fully loaded.
Too late. She just did it. We aren't using homebrew anymore because of this. 2 good systems are down because of this. I blame myself for my brick but hers shouldn't have happened. Untested on EUR 2DS. Please don't attempt on EUR 2DS, people. It will brick. :/

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAH, Downgrade was a success! It froze on rebooting after 10 seconds... so I force shutdown, turned it on and it took a while to turn on but it popped up with a notification about the Theme Shop.

Original 3DS, menuhax, one attempt, previously 10.3U, latest sysUpdater.

Good luck to everyone else!

Daniele_997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, i really need your help. I have a n3ds xl with ironhax installed. I'm searching everywhere a way to install roms of 3ds games. Can you explain me how to do that? My firmware is the last(10.3.0-28E). What do i have to do? Downgrade and install a CFW? Can you link me a solution? Thank for everyone Who Wanna help me :)

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Too late. She just did it. We aren't using homebrew anymore because of this. 2 good systems are down because of this. I blame myself for my brick but hers shouldn't have happened. Untested on EUR 2DS. Please don't attempt on EUR 2DS, people. It will brick. :/

hers is a softbrick and that's pretty much common, if she can restore her 2DS with Recovery Mode, then you should be happy because all those sysUpdater new builds actually do help to avoid hardbrick

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hers is a softbrick and that's pretty much common, if she can restore her 2DS with Recovery Mode, then you should be happy because all those sysUpdater new builds actually do help to avoid hardbrick
The first time, It SB'd. 2nd time, it HB'd. Both are now useless.

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The first time, It SB'd. 2nd time, it HB'd. Both are now useless.

what exactly happened the 2nd time?

i was getting bumped for trying this out but i'll wait a bit more then... but please explain what happened

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it called "sysUpdater 0.4.2b"?
Full name of the zip: sysUpdater-0.4.2b-libkhax-SAFEMODE-priorit.zip

MD5: 009A955ED9216128C67ECFD2965971A0
SHA1: 9446C3103D46B89C7A20C0EB6983B29768CB9777

Please check here before proceed http://onlinemd5.com/

As the name suggests, it would install the Native Firm last. So in theory, the worst it would cause is a soft brick.

Last edited by tivu100,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice