Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Have been trying to downgrade for a few times now.
n3dsxl 9.6-24e. Have 9.2-20e n3ds files in the root>updates folder. Size of all 102 cia files is 149,543,616.
Menuhax>theme manager app, press A>back to menuhax>sysupdater
#8..success!
I press Y AND NOTHING EVER HAPPENS. I waited for good 5 something minutes.
Like 5th time, but this time after I pressed Y I'm just staring at the screen, nothing past red text of n3ds warning. I actually waited for like 10 minutes this time, still NOPE.
What is this.

It can take many attempts before it actually works, it took me @20 attempts before it finally did. If you don't see anything else happen after you press 'Y' for 30 seconds you should be safe to restart and try again, for me at least it only took a few seconds before it started checking the cia's when it worked.

karatee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm now I downgraded my OLD3DS from 10.3 to 9.2, but I am not able to use the browserhax exploit. When I try to scan the QR Code, the website is loading but nothin happens. Can you help me

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgraded successfuly, first try with IronHax Old 3DS on 10.3.0.28u, I loaded FTBrony, force quit with L+R+B+Down, started up sysUpdater. Even the "Rebooting in 10 seconds" worked for me. Keep in mind this was my first try, on Masher's homebrew launcher, and I never did the DeadCafe thing.

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
new sysupdater version
DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!!!

This one installs first SAFEMODE, then normal firmware. So if it fails at the SAFEMODE downgrade, you can easily retry it. If it fails at the normal firmware downgrade, you should be able to update with SAFEMODE.

Attachments

• sysUpdater.zip
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,435
Last edited by julian20,

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm now I downgraded my OLD3DS from 10.3 to 9.2, but I am not able to use the browserhax exploit. When I try to scan the QR Code, the website is loading but nothin happens. Can you help me

Have you tried clearing the history, cookies and data in settings? browser settings I mean, try it again after you've cleared everything.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
new sysupdater version

This one installs first SAFEMODE, then normal firmware. So if it fails at the SAFEMODE downgrade, you can easily retry it. If it fails at the normal firmware downgrade, you should be able to update with SAFEMODE.
BUT I JUST FORMATTED.
UGGGGHHHHH

Reviaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what i can do if the app freezes and i only have 1 entrypoint?
PD:Sorry for my bad english
Edit: I install homehax 2.1 and it works

Last edited by Reviaj,

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
apparently formatting your SD before downgrading helps to increase the odds of success ( as in not getting a softbrick )

i'll try later, this will be my third try by now -and hopefully the last-

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new sysupdater version

I am so scared

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
new sysupdater version

Is this forked from TuxSH's or Stevice10's latest build?

GoodCookie88

rekt em skrubs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new sysupdater version

DO we need to do the ftp thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt