PS1/2 Silent Bomber PS1 fault? Help please.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have now owned four copies of the awesome PS1 game Silent Bomber. And all four suffer from the same fault. At the end of level 11 when the elevator reaches the bridge level and I go through the door, the cutscene supposedly on the other side of said door never occurs. I just get a black screen. I've tried disk repair, I've tried multiple copies of the game, I've tried playing through again from the start just in case it was somehow my save data. Nothing works. Not once have I ever seen level 12. Is there some sort of notorious fault with PAL copies of this game or something? Help would be greatly appreciated. I play it mostly on my PS2 but I have my PS3 available too if that would make any difference whatsoever. This is the fourth and final copy of the game I own, I'm not trying again. But I love the game and would very much like to finish it before this fault hits the ten year mark on how long it's been bugging me, which isn't far away. Any suggestions are welcomed.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this may not be helpful but
PUT THE GAME DOWN, GO OUTSIDE BREATH SOME FRESH AIR,
its a very old game let it go breath there are many better games out there now im sure you could find one to replace it
sorry if this didn't help you but its gonna suprise even me if you find another person who has the same issue TEN years later

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There must be someone who has something helpful to contribute. I've confirmed that the problem isn't on some US copies of the game. Maybe it's specific to the PAL version. Anyone else play this back in the day?

KyleButler

Trophies
XP
Country
i know this may not be helpful but
PUT THE GAME DOWN, GO OUTSIDE BREATH SOME FRESH AIR,
its a very old game let it go breath there are many better games out there now im sure you could find one to replace it
sorry if this didn't help you but its gonna suprise even me if you find another person who has the same issue TEN years later

If you had nothing helpful, funny or even intelligent to say then you shouldn't have said anything at all. I can not express to you how annoying it is to look for a solution and find only sarcastic dismissal cluttering up the forums.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

KyleButler

Trophies
XP
Country
I have now owned four copies of the awesome PS1 game Silent Bomber. And all four suffer from the same fault. At the end of level 11 when the elevator reaches the bridge level and I go through the door, the cutscene supposedly on the other side of said door never occurs. I just get a black screen. I've tried disk repair, I've tried multiple copies of the game, I've tried playing through again from the start just in case it was somehow my save data. Nothing works. Not once have I ever seen level 12. Is there some sort of notorious fault with PAL copies of this game or something? Help would be greatly appreciated. I play it mostly on my PS2 but I have my PS3 available too if that would make any difference whatsoever. This is the fourth and final copy of the game I own, I'm not trying again. But I love the game and would very much like to finish it before this fault hits the ten year mark on how long it's been bugging me, which isn't far away. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I had exactly the same problem and it does appear to be quite a common bug with the PAL distribution of the game. The only reliable way I found to get around the problem was to use a PlayStation emulator and just play the game from my computer.

Apparently it does let you progress sometimes, but I can understand if you don't want to fight the Blue Mist Colonel over and over again just for that 1% that it will work. Here's a video showing it anyway,

It's a great shame that such a bug was baked in because silent bomber is one of my favorite PS1 games. I'm glad after all these years I did eventually get to complete the game albeit on a PC.

Last edited by KyleButler,

KyleButler

Trophies
XP
Country
I would play this all the time. I'm pretty sure I beat it, but never noticed anything like this. I should really put this on my psp.
I believe the game breaking glitch only effected the European distribution of the game. If you had a Japanese or US version then it worked just fine.

We also got another weird glitch which caused the game to freeze and random lines of Japanese dialogue to play. Which must mean that all the Japanese voice work is locked away somewhere on the English version.

Last edited by KyleButler,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol