Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

awin59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I've been trying to play the latest Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC since it came out but no luck for now.
Game crash 10 seconds after launch (software was closed because an error occured). Could this be due to sigpatches ?
I'm on 15.0.1 | AMS 1.4.0. Wave 2 of the DLC worked pertectly

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to play the latest Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC since it came out but no luck for now.
Game crash 10 seconds after launch (software was closed because an error occured). Could this be due to sigpatches ?
Sure could. Download the latest updated patches from OP to see if that fixes things.

Reactions: impeeza

awin59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I tried again but same result :(
File from OP is sigpatches-1.4.0-cfw-15.0.0 but I'm running 15.0.1, should I wait for a new update of the patches ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried again but same result :(
File from OP is sigpatches-1.4.0-cfw-15.0.0 but I'm running 15.0.1, should I wait for a new update of the patches ?
15.0.1 was a minor update and did not require new Sigpatches. Something else wrong. Maybe a bad dlc update or bad game save?

Reactions: awin59

awin59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Nop you should read, on the op states 15.0.1 uses the same patches what 15.0.0

You should remove any mod or cheat you have for the game in SD:/atmosphere/contents folder
I tried that, didn't work at first.
Then I tried to enter Maintenance mode, for that I have also updated my payload (I realized I was still using hekate_ctcaer_5.5.0.bin) and now it works !
I thought the payload was just used to boot up the CFW but maybe it also helps or prevents launching games.
Thanks for your help!

Reactions: binkinator

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
If you are downloading it from a homebrew store via Tinfoil, there's an issue for now with the server they are using which causes corrupt installs. If your other installed games work - it's nothing to do with sigpatches.

shapeshxfter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have kip1patch=nosigchk in your CFW - emuMMC section so you’re good to go already.

If you haven’t done already, you want to dump keys from your most up to date NAND. If they are on the same FW version then either one will do.
What does the option look like to dump the nand keys in Hekate? I want to make sure I'm dumping the right ones.
Sorry for the late reply.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the option look like to dump the nand keys in Hekate? I want to make sure I'm dumping the right ones.
Sorry for the late reply.
To dump your keys you need lockpick_RCM.bin. You can inject lockpick instead of Hekate or boot Hekate and press the Payload tile. You will see lockpick_rcm if you have place the bin file in /bootloader/payloads/

Last edited by binkinator,

shapeshxfter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To dump your keys you need lockpick_RCM.bin. You can inject lockpick instead of Hekate or bott Hekate and press the Payload tile. You will see lockpick_rcm if you have place the bin file in /bootloader/payloads/
Thank you, is there anything else I need to move or do once I dump sysNAND, or should everything be working?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, is there anything else I need to move or do once I dump sysNAND, or should everything be working?
Once you have the keys, just carefully follow the instructions in the app and you should be good to go.

• Love

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which app?

shapeshxfter said:
I'm on the most recent version of atmosphere and hekate, with firmware update 15.0.1 and I've tried using the stickied sigpatches and still get error 2002-4058 (0x1FB402) on Goldleaf when trying to install something. Is there anything else that could cause this?
(I had to edit the message I was replying to since I can't have links in my messages)

Looking back at the history of this conversation it looks like you were trying to get Goldleaf working.

E: here are the instructions for getting Goldleaf working:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/goldleaf-a-nintendo-switch-multipurpose-homebrew-tool.527578/

shapeshxfter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking back at the history of this conversation it looks like you were trying to get Goldleaf working.

E: here are the instructions for getting Goldleaf working:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/goldleaf-a-nintendo-switch-multipurpose-homebrew-tool.527578/
I've tried Goldleaf and Tinwoo, I'm thinking I've messed up the patches somewhere still.
I've downloaded the patches from the first page of this thread and copied them over and then I used the lockpick payload as instructed. Could there be a step I've missed?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried Goldleaf and Tinwoo, I'm thinking I've messed up the patches somewhere still.
I've downloaded the patches from the first page of this thread and copied them over and then I used the lockpick payload as instructed. Could there be a step I've missed?
Make sure your Firmware, Atmosphere and Hekate are up to date and you should be all set. If you’d like a different perspective, take a look here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

• Love
Reactions: peteruk and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D