Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello team!

I have updated Atmosphere to 1.5.2 and firmware to 16.0.2, with latest sigpatches dowloaded from this OP. Everything works fine except the access to the HBMenu through the games menu (I use this access to launch the menu "Missing Updates" from the program "All-In-One-Updater" that requires this access); through the album menu it does work correctly.

The problem is that when I enter to the HBMenu through the games menu it closes immediately.

Did anyone experience this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Best

Willsito

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
are you using title or app mode?

Mmmm, I don't really know the difference between those 2: Title Mode VS App Mode.

I re-explain myself: I enter into de "hbmenu" selecting this app, either holding R button or not (with the previous version of Atmoshpere it works; I mean, If I put the previous version of Atmosphere files from the SD, the "hbmenu" works again through this way of entrance):

1.png

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm, I don't really know the difference between those 2: Title Mode VS App Mode.

I re-explain myself: I enter into de "hbmenu" selecting this app, either holding R button or not (with the previous version of Atmoshpere it works; I mean, If I put the previous version of Atmosphere files from the SD, the "hbmenu" works again through this way of entrance):

View attachment 365959

look like full ram mode, if you go through album it is applet mode.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

View attachment 365959
that is a forwarder.
Try to select any game and load it WHILE you press the R button and DO NOT LET IT go until hb menu is loaded even if you are asked to select user profile DO NOT let go R button. May be your forwarder is outdated.

Did you restart your console after copying the latest sigpatches?

Reactions: Willsito_GG

sd_dracula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to get tinfoil installed and it doesn't work, a black tile, and apparently something to do with missing homebrew patches but sort have no idea how to fix that, same happens if I try to boot games in emmuMMC
Unpatched switch on 16.0.2 with 1.5.2 atmosphere

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am trying to get tinfoil installed and it doesn't work, a black tile, and apparently something to do with missing homebrew patches but sort have no idea how to fix that, same happens if I try to boot games in emmuMMC
restart your console after copy latest sigpatches

Reactions: Hayato213

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
that is a forwarder.
Try to select any game and load it WHILE you press the R button and DO NOT LET IT go until hb menu is loaded even if you are asked to select user profile DO NOT let go R button. May be your forwarder is outdated.

Did you restart your console after copying the latest sigpatches?

It worked!

So the problem is the forwarder... I will make another then.

Thank you very much! 😃
Post automatically merged:

I have realized that no forwarder is working (I have 10 or so)... Shit, this makes it more complex to fix...

Do you guys know something related to forwarders compatibility after Atmosphere upgrade?

Last edited by Willsito_GG,

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It worked!

Thank you very much! 😃

I have realized that no forwarder is working (I have 10 or so)... Shit, this makes it more complex to fix...

Do you guys know something related to forwarders compatibility after Atmosphere upgrade?
Try reinstall, I have problem with it in one update and this solve the problem

Ps. Use DBI to clean orphan files after uninstall, and restart

Ps2. And do what @impeeza say, if I remember well I copied it too for sure

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It worked!

Thank you very much! 😃

some guy reported what the forwarders do not work for he until copy again the sigpatches and restarted the console.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There are many forwarders that don't properly initialize the SD.

The best forwarder is the hekate payload.

And remember... When you power off your console from menu, it takes about 15/20 seconds to shut down (the screen goes black at 2-3 seconds).

Edit: I thought you were talking about a payload forwarder 😅

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza and Medel87

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There are many forwarders that don't properly initialize the SD.

The best forwarder is the hekate payload.

And remember... When you power off your console from menu, it takes about 15/20 seconds to shut down (the screen goes black at 2-3 seconds).

Edit: I thought you were talking about a payload forwarder 😅
we are talking about HOS forwarders, not payloads :D

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Try reinstall, I have problem with it in one update and this solve the problem

Ps. Use DBI to clean orphan files after uninstall, and restart

Ps2. And do what @impeeza say, if I remember well I copied it too for sure

I have reinstalled the Homebrew forwarder and I got the same error result...

Anyway, tomorrow I will try to reinstall some more of the rest of forwarders that I have, and will copy/paste the sigpatches again to give it a try.

Regarding the DBI orphan files cleaning, I have to admit that I don't have that program...

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Anyway, tomorrow I will try to reinstall some more of the rest of forwarders that I have, and will copy/paste the sigpatches again to give it a try.

Regarding the DBI orphan files cleaning, I have to admit that I don't have that program...
It's a must have. DBI is a great tool

Reactions: Medel87

mR_CaESaR

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I'm having the same issue. I just updated to the latest 16.0.2 with 1.5.2 atmosphere and when I tried to launch tinfoil, it loads the nintendo logo upon start up, and then just a black screen.

restart your console after copy latest sigpatches

I downloaded the latest sigpatches on the first post and restarted the console, but unfortunately it didn't do anything.

I tried re-installing tinfoil but it continually does the same thing.

I'm obviously missing something here. I don't update the switch that often and often need tutorials each time I update

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. TIA

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using override_config.ini to have the forwarder I used be treated as if R is being held, without actually holding R. After copying the file in config_templates and pasting it into config, after the line

; override_key_0=!R

add

program_id_1=05906B45855C0000 override_key_1=!R

The program ID that matches your forwarder may differ from the one I used, but I tried it with the latest version of Atmosphere and it still works.

EDIT: I made a change to the post due to remembering something. If you also want to change the Album button to open the Album normally while holding R to get the HBL in applet mode, replace ; override_key_0=!R with override_key_0=R and make sure the ; is removed too.

Last edited by DominoBright,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've been using override_config.ini to have the forwarder I used be treated as if R is being held, without actually holding R. After copying the file in config_templates and pasting it into config, I replaced the line

; override_key_0=!R

with

override_key_0=R
program_id_1=05906B45855C0000
override_key_1=!R

The program ID that matches your forwarder may differ from the one I used.

It works with the latest version of Atmosphere.
also you can use hekate toolbox to have gui for edit that file.

For me, V1 console, FAT32 SD, Firmware 16.0.2, Atmosphère 1.05.2 sigpatches on the OP all my SAK generated forwarders works just fine.

Last edited by impeeza,

ranma99vn

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using override_config.ini to have the forwarder I used be treated as if R is being held, without actually holding R. After copying the file in config_templates and pasting it into config, after the line

; override_key_0=!R

add

program_id_1=05906B45855C0000 override_key_1=!R

The program ID that matches your forwarder may differ from the one I used, but I tried it with the latest version of Atmosphere and it still works.

EDIT: I made a change to the post due to remembering something. If you also want to change the Album button to open the Album normally while holding R to get the HBL in applet mode, replace ; override_key_0=!R with override_key_0=R and make sure the ; is removed too.
hi is it lauch u in applet mode or full mode HBM?
i Try to find a way just to selcect album to laugh to full mode and hold R while laugh an app/game to applet mode

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
also you can use hekate toolbox to have gui for edit that file.

For me, V1 console, FAT32 SD, Firmware 16.0.2, Atmosphère 1.05.2 sigpatches on the OP all my SAK generated forwarders works just fine.

Hello Impeeza,

I have the same hardware and software that you have.

My forwarders are created with this program, and most of them are RetroArch Rom Forwarder, except the Homebrew Launcher that is a Standard NRO Forwarder.

1681977666857.png

Let me repeat myself but if I downgrade the Atmosphere files, all the forwarders come back to life... I will try to create them with SAK then. Do you use any special configuration, like an specific "TitleID", or "allow screenshots/video..." or "No startup logo"?:

1681977867799.png

Summary of what I have done:
  • I tried to create new forwarders with SAK and Menu 0.12 beta and I got the same results: forwarders not working.
  • I recopied the sigpatches and reboot and blablabla and I got the same results: forwarders not working.
  • I restored the Atmosphere 1.5.1 files: hbl.nsp, package3, reboot_payload.bin, stratosphere.romfs from \atmosphere folder and daybreak.nro and reboot_to_payload.nro from \switch folder (just in case) and finally, all the previous forwarders started to work again.
So the configuration that I left is the following AMS 1.5.1 with 16.0.2:
1681989032777.png

Hope AMS will be updated in version 1.5.3 and fix this problem.

Hope it helps!

Best regards

Willsito

Last edited by Willsito_GG,
  • Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: through apparently theres a wii64 version for ps3