Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, you can rename a folder. Name it anything you’d like just to get it out of the way. Heck, you can even delete it. It often contains things that expect the old version of Atmosphere and will hang the system. Move/rename/delete /atmosphere/contents and then try again and let it sit for a bit as mentioned above.

e: contents.bak doesn’t matter…it only checks for the existence of contents…anything else is skipped.

e2: if you already do not have a contents folder then try booting again and waiting for a bit.

e3: to be honest, it’s best to completely delete the entire /atmosphere/ directory and unzip a clean version of Atmosphere and the the Sigpatches at the top of this page rather than overwriting.
That renaming of the Contents folder did it! I'm not sure what was in there that was causing the issue but thank you so much for your help!! I truly appreciate it!

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I did it.

But there are some keys missing in the keys.dat from lockpick.

Added and working.
You are only supposed to fill in the key template that the program makes, you are not supposed to use the file that lockpic_rcm makes. Go to the tools folder in the program, delete keys.dat, restart the program and it will make a new template - then fill it in. Once done that way the program works far faster as it isn't trawling through every file testing every key that is not needed.

These are ONLY the keys that you are supposed to use and are the ONLY one's that are required for this program
Code:
aes_kek_generation_source = 
aes_key_generation_source = 
header_key = 
key_area_key_application_00 = 
key_area_key_application_01 = 
key_area_key_application_02 = 
key_area_key_application_03 = 
key_area_key_application_04 = 
key_area_key_application_05 = 
key_area_key_application_06 = 
key_area_key_application_07 = 
key_area_key_application_08 = 
key_area_key_application_09 = 
key_area_key_application_0a = 
key_area_key_application_0b = 
key_area_key_application_0c = 
key_area_key_application_0d = 
key_area_key_application_0e = 
key_area_key_application_0f = 
package1_key_00 = 
package1_key_01 = 
package1_key_02 = 
package1_key_03 = 
package1_key_04 = 
package1_key_05 = 
package2_key_00 = 
package2_key_01 = 
package2_key_02 = 
package2_key_03 = 
package2_key_04 = 
package2_key_05 = 
package2_key_06 = 
package2_key_07 = 
package2_key_08 = 
package2_key_09 = 
package2_key_0a = 
package2_key_0b = 
package2_key_0c = 
package2_key_0d = 
package2_key_0e = 
package2_key_0f =

Last edited by mrdude,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the next release, I'd like to suggest a quick quality of life addition. Would you mind either "remembering" the last chosen directory for the firmware files, or have the location (or starting location in the drop-down) as a setting? Or perhaps start inside of the directory it was run from. Drilling down to the folder a few times in a row seems redundant. Otherwise this project seems just about right.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
For the next release, I'd like to suggest a quick quality of life addition. Would you mind either "remembering" the last chosen directory for the firmware files, or have the location (or starting location in the drop-down) as a setting? Or perhaps start inside of the directory it was run from. Drilling down to the folder a few times in a row seems redundant. Otherwise this project seems just about right.
Just drag the firmware folder on to the "Make Patch" buttons, it's easy.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: urherenow

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's been years since I updated my emuMMC, but I think I might give it a go this time. Back in 2020 I ran into trouble that in emuMMC my installed game cart dumps stopped working once I updated Atmosphère, even though I got the latest sigpatches. I always returned to some very outdated pre-packed Kosmos setup by Joonie86 and Ghost92 which allowed me to play them again - of course I couldn't update the firmware without updating my build.

Is there anything special I need to know before updating to the newest Atmosphère and dropping the current sigpatches on my SD card? I'm quite sure it will kill all my installed game cart dumps again.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been years since I updated my emuMMC, but I think I might give it a go this time. Back in 2020 I ran into trouble that in emuMMC my installed game cart dumps stopped working once I updated Atmosphère, even though I got the latest sigpatches. I always returned to some very outdated pre-packed Kosmos setup by Joonie86 and Ghost92 which allowed me to play them again - of course I couldn't update the firmware without updating my build.

Is there anything special I need to know before updating to the newest Atmosphère and dropping the current sigpatches on my SD card? I'm quite sure it will kill all my installed game cart dumps again.
There are still some minor rough edges and edge cases being worked out. Unless you have games you can’t play there’s no real rush to grab the pre-release. Pre-release is mostly available to get tester feedback until the proper release at which point all the homebrew Devs will have had time to update their apps and wring out bugs. Once everything stabilizes, grab a guide and a beverage of choice and walk through. Here’s one if you don’t have one that does the job when the time arrives: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

• Love
Reactions: impeeza and bjaxx87

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I'm not sure if it's the "pre-release" state that is my problem, but yeah, I'll wait for the next proper release and stick to the guides you posted. Thanks!

Reactions: binkinator

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's the "pre-release" state that is my problem, but yeah, I'll wait for the next proper release and stick to the guides you posted. Thanks!
i encountered the same as you in the past. to me it seemed like the sig patches were missing a patch or something. cant say for sure since i havent had that issue in ages. but ill confirm that these patches work on 15.x

Reactions: bjaxx87

FedUpWithSigPatches

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShadowOne333 @binkinator @mrdude You guys seem helpful. Any idea why it won't load for me? Been using Atmosphere for years and haven't had this happen before. I updated to pre-release Atmosphere/fusee, downloaded the most recent sig patches & hateke just to be safe....still getting this. Switch logo appears, acts like it's loading, then displays the image below.

EDIT: For more info: using Tegra to inject Fusee.bin via PC. My username here remains true since the account was made...

EDIT2: FIXED ISSUE. I renamed the "contents" folder on my SD at atmosphere/contents to "contens.bak," put SD back in the Switch, and now it works fine....Jesus, I hate tech sometimes.

Attachments

• 1000009147.jpg
    1000009147.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited by FedUpWithSigPatches,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShadowOne333 @binkinator @mrdude You guys seem helpful. Any idea why it won't load for me? Been using Atmosphere for years and haven't had this happen before. I updated to pre-release Atmosphere/fusee, downloaded the most recent sig patches & hateke just to be safe....still getting this. Switch logo appears, acts like it's loading, then displays the image below.

EDIT: For more info: using Tegra to inject Fusee.bin via PC. My username here remains true since the account was made...

EDIT2: FIXED ISSUE. I renamed the "contents" folder on my SD at atmosphere/contents to "contens.bak," put SD back in the Switch, and now it works fine....Jesus, I hate tech sometimes.

Was reading and formulating a response…got to the last edit and felt like a less than useful mammal.

Glad you’re sorted!

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Glad it worked.
Usually, when it comes to sigpatches, deleting the /contents/ folder and copying everything back tends to fix it.

• Love

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I cant download ips patch creator. ALL my virus protections.. all my browsers... flag it as a dangerous file. They give NO ability to ignore the risk.

BuddhaBang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 15.0.1. Was wondering if there's any benefits to updating my firwmare to the latest one?
Also are there any benefits at all, to updating just my atmosphere(patches included)?

verypedro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey everyone I just updated updated Atmosphere and Hekate to the latest versions and then updated my Switch to 16.0.0. I just installed the sigpatches provided in this thread but now none of my installed games launch.

Every time I try I get the infamous "Unable to start software Return home and try again" error. Everything seems to be in the right place and I even tried deleting the contents folder inside the atmosphere folder, nothing seems to help...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone I just updated updated Atmosphere and Hekate to the latest versions and then updated my Switch to 16.0.0. I just installed the sigpatches provided in this thread but now none of my installed games launch.

Every time I try I get the infamous "Unable to start software Return home and try again" error. Everything seems to be in the right place and I even tried deleting the contents folder inside the atmosphere folder, nothing seems to help...

Patches have it own folder, it doesn't go inside contents.

verypedro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Patches have it own folder, it doesn't go inside contents.
Uh, yeah, I know...
The sigpatch contents should go into the "atmosphere" and "bootloader" folders
I said that just to rule out the case it was something inside the contents folder making the game crash like a mod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it