Signal dies randomly with component cables.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by NEO117, Oct 16, 2011.

Oct 16, 2011
  1. NEO117
    OP

Member NEO117 GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    I bought the component cables for my Wii and the signal dies randomly when I'm playing, I sense that it's an issue with the electricity since the less stuff connected the less it happens, but this is incredibly annoying...

What can I do to stop this?

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Buy official Nintendo ones. This is a common problem with third party cables.

3. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    It should be fixable. Ive looked at some schematics of component cable for Wii, and its all very simple. My guess is that the bridge between 2 pins (which enables component) is lose.

4. NEO117
    OP

Venezuela
    I can't... they don't sell them here.

I'm from South America.

5. JoostinOnline

United States
    1) I seriously doubt that.
    2) Use amazon.com

6. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    I had this problem too with some cables, I just bought new ones from a different 3rd party brand and they work fine.

7. NEO117
    OP

Venezuela
    Again, I can't... regulations from my country.

However I could get them on december when I get to see my uncle from USA. :)

Either way, I think it's bad wiring, and if that's the case. What would you recommend? Some people said a UPS.

8. JoostinOnline

United States
    What country do you live in? :huh:

9. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    what TV do you have?
    I have the same problem with a Samsung B550 LCD. It's not your Wii fault... some tv have shitty components input.
    Everytime I shut down the lights... the signal goes off for a couple of seconds. Now I have my Wii runing though RCA cables. I guess i will have to buy a HDMIkey or Wii2HDMI in order to have progressive scan.

10. JoostinOnline

United States
    It's very unlikely that it is related to the TV, since this is a very common issue for people who don't buy official cables. Buy official cables and it will probably fix the issue, just like it does for everybody else.

11. Lucif3r

Sweden
    Or rip it open and get a soldering iron out... Thats no guarantee it will fix it though, but doesnt cost anything.

12. NEO117
    OP

Venezuela
    Thanks for all your replies. I still can't solve my issue but at least I have an idea of what could be done. I'll test these cables somewhere else to make sure and if they keep on pestering, I'll get new ones.

Sadly I can't find the official Nintendo ones anywhere... If everything else fails I'll have to stick to S-video.

13. JoostinOnline

United States
    Excluding a soldering iron, solder, and a new Wii when you screw it up, lol.

14. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    Im pretty sure is related to my LCD. I have the same problem with my dvd player. :(

15. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan

You must kidding me. I just typed it in Google and shitloads of results came up. Unless you live China there shouldn't be anything wrong with your internet.

Copy and Paste this link into your browser:
    http://www.amazon.com/Official-Wii-Component-Video-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B000JJRV90

16. Lucif3r

Sweden
    Well, its kinda hard to screw the wii. Unless you are (no offence here) braindead and short some wires :) ...
    Actually even that is erm... well not safe but, "safe"... I managed to do that and my Wii is fine lol (yes im slightly braindead sometimes!) :P

17. TetrisGm

Newcomer TetrisGm Newbie

i have the same problem. i can assure you that its not TV related, why? because i have a Media Player that has a Component Output. i tried using it with a crappy cables and it also gets some signal interruption when i turn on the lights or electric fan. but when i tried using a high grade cables it does not lose its signal. same as for my wii im using a crappy 3rd party cables and signals goes of,i haven't tested the original ones tough

18. metallica48423

Newcomer metallica48423 Member

United States
    NEO117, I know it wouldn't directly solve your problem, but could you possibly have your uncle purchase and then ship them to you? Might be a pain but could work maybe?

I too have had the same trouble with third party component cables in the past, so I really, really doubt it's the TV. Really annoying when playing Mario Kart and suddenly going from first place to last.

19. Pete666

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    false.. I had problems with nintendo ones.. and the thirs party one "Nykko" are perfect !

20. JoostinOnline

United States
    No, true. It's a common problem with third party ones no matter your experience. You are the first case I've seen who had faulty Nintendo ones.