Hacking Sign of life from wiikey team :)

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What problems do people have with the wiikey? It plays all my wii/gc games fine.. Did I miss something?

-Matthew

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You aren't hundreds of unsatisfied people.

Statistics thanks to the "pulled out of my arse department" no doubt?

QUOTE said:
Most people in here likely have a job, which is why they could afford the wii and a modchip in the first place. Plus, I already have a japanese wii, and regardless of whether it's PAL, NTSCJ OR U these games still aren't going to work. Unless you're talking about the wii games with region problems.

There are like a small handful of GC and Wii games that don't work with the Wiikey.. let's say you have 30 working backups, and let's presume those originals would cost you at least £30 each, that's £900 of games for let's say around £150 max (wiikey, media, bandwidth). Shit, with the money you've saved you could fly to Japan and pick up a Japanese GC and those games. Or you could cut your losses on the less than £30 you spent on the chip and just buy a different one? You shouldn't expect much from 3rd party "modifications" of dubious legality in the first place.

You only save the money if you actually had the money or would've bought all those games if you didnt have a mod chip. And if you had that money, why would you fly to japan to buy a Wii when you're obviously cheap and buy a mod chip to play pirated copies of games?

ih8crouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What problems do people have with the wiikey? It plays all my wii/gc games fine.. Did I miss something?

-Matthew

There are a few issues with a few gamecube games concerning the sounds...i think people believe an update might increase compatability with imports and other stuff...but as u say its pretty much spot on the wiikey aint got many shortcomings. Personally i would like the update to enable me to play NTSC madden as my crappy PAL version doesnt do progressive scan(same with tiger woods actually)

Sk3pT!kaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE said:
Most people in here likely have a job, which is why they could afford the wii and a modchip in the first place. Plus, I already have a japanese wii, and regardless of whether it's PAL, NTSCJ OR U these games still aren't going to work. Unless you're talking about the wii games with region problems.

There are like a small handful of GC and Wii games that don't work with the Wiikey.. let's say you have 30 working backups, and let's presume those originals would cost you at least £30 each, that's £900 of games for let's say around £150 max (wiikey, media, bandwidth). Shit, with the money you've saved you could fly to Japan and pick up a Japanese GC and those games. Or you could cut your losses on the less than £30 you spent on the chip and just buy a different one? You shouldn't expect much from 3rd party "modifications" of dubious legality in the first place.
There are lots of people on this forum who are unpleased by the turn of events about the Wiikey making cube games that once worked not work anymore. This forum isn't the only one in existence when it comes to these things, there are plenty of other ones with people experiencing the same problems and discussing the same things, and they all add up.

Small handful? Yeah, if you had hands of a giant.

Ace Golf (Swinger's Golf)
007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Dream Mix TV World Fighters
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
Harvest Moon (in certain areas)
Ikaruga
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge
Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc (w/ RE4 Demo)
Speed Kings
Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow
Starfox
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn
Super Monkey Ball
Tak And The Power Of Juju
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Top Gun: Combat Zone
Universal Studios:Theme Park Adventure
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Virtua Striker 3 Ver. 2002
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zelda: Bonus Disc (with Ocarina of Time)
Zoids Battle Legends

51 games is a "small handful"? Lets use your own equation, say each game is worth £30, that's around £1530, which would be $2731.55 of my money. That's a hell of a lot of money for video games, more then enough to be called a small handful. Not counting the Wii games that don't work, since I don't feel like searching for them and all I can think off my head of of Naruto, Bleach, Shin-Chan and One Piece.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE said:

There are lots of people on this forum who are unpleased by the turn of events about the Wiikey making cube games that once worked not work anymore. This forum isn't the only one in existence when it comes to these things, there are plenty of other ones with people experiencing the same problems and discussing the same things, and they all add up.

007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Ikaruga
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge

Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Speed Kings
Starfox
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zoids Battle Legends

51 games is a "small handful"? Lets use your own equation, say each game is worth £30, that's around £1530, which would be $2731.55 of my money. That's a hell of a lot of money for video games, more then enough to be called a small handful. Not counting the Wii games that don't work, since I don't feel like searching for them and all I can think off my head of of Naruto, Bleach, Shin-Chan and One Piece.

Yeah, you are completely exaggerating things. Almost all of the games on that list are junk. Not to mention that many of the games on that list have sequels or Wii versions, so its still irrelevant. Bleach (Wii version) works. Naruto (Wii version) works, and One Piece Unlimited Adventure works as well.

51 games is a small handful, esspecially when all of them pretty much are junk. Zoids battle legends? Lol. You complain too much. Unsolder your WiiKey and go buy a CycloWiz or a OpenWii or something, so you will stop complaining.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE said:

007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Ikaruga
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge

Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Speed Kings
Starfox
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zoids Battle Legends

Yeah, you are completely exaggerating things. Almost all of the games on that list are junk. Not to mention that many of the games on that list have sequels or Wii versions, so its still irrelevant. Bleach (Wii version) works. Naruto (Wii version) works, and One Piece Unlimited Adventure works as well.

51 games is a small handful, esspecially when all of them pretty much are junk. Zoids battle legends? Lol. You complain too much. Unsolder your WiiKey and go buy a CycloWiz or a OpenWii or something, so you will stop complaining.

Just because the games are "junk" to you doesn't make them invalid statistics.
Man you guys sure get worked up about your chips you use for stealing games. I can understand getting agitated when you've been blatantly lied to from some strangers about audio streaming and updating, but honestly look at any other console, the first mod chips suck compared to what comes later in the consoles life span. What did you people expect?

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Ikaruga
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge

Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Speed Kings
Starfox
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zoids Battle Legends

Just because the games are "junk" to you doesn't make them invalid statistics.
Man you guys sure get worked up about your chips you use for stealing games. I can understand getting agitated when you've been blatantly lied to from some strangers about audio streaming and updating, but honestly look at any other console, the first mod chips suck compared to what comes later in the consoles life span. What did you people expect?
I never said that they were invalid, I just said that they are irrelevant. If this "audiofix" broke all first party gamecube games. Then it would be a MAJOR issue. As of now, its more of an annoyance or inconvience at this point. People expected way to much for a modchip that just came out roughly 3 months in the Wii's life.

Besides, I'm PRETTY sure that the WiiKey team is just waiting for the new version of GCOS.

mickeyash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE said:

007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Ikaruga
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge[/b]
Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Speed Kings
Starfox
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zoids Battle Legends

1) Which Naruto are you talking about here? If it's Shippuuden either you're wrong or I missed an update. My apologies if it's the latter.
2) I think you're missing the point here. The issue is that the Wiikey group said it was compatible with all NTSC region games. They even went so far as to say NTSC-J games were working on NTSC-U. That's not the case.

Furthermore, given the fact that the Wiikey team is supposedly the team that made XenoGC they should've been very aware of the audio streaming issue with chips and fixed it long before the chip was released. Audio streaming has been an issue with Gamecube chips for a very long time now. Years, even. It's not some big suprise that cropped up when the Wiikey was released.

Even further still, what you don't seem to understand is the fact that not only do these games not work as backups, but the originals don't either. I happen to own originals of Shippuuden, GNT4, Ikaruga and Eternal Darkness... now, Eternal Darkness and Ikaruga are NTSC-U (native US region games) and actually worked on the Wii before I installed the chip. The Wiikey effectively disabled audio streaming on the Wii altogether. It's not just an issue of FIXING a problem with backups, it's an issue of FIXING a problem they've caused. It's a crappy situation they've placed their customers in and it would take a blind person not to realize it. I'm sorry if I'm the oddball here and Im one of the few here who purchased the chip so I could play games for other regions, not "backups" of games I already "own". The bottom line is, they said it worked... it doesn't, and they've taken 4 months to patch it now.

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit strong here but you shouldn't talk down to people while defending a company that's making a small fortune off false advertising.

Dthruking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE said:

007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Ikaruga
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge
Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Speed Kings
Starfox
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zoids Battle Legends

HAHAHHA thats pretty funny because i have EVERY SINGLE ONE of those backups and they all work PERFECTLY on my NTSC wii

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

must suck for you

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE said:

007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Ikaruga
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge
Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Speed Kings
Starfox
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zoids Battle Legends

HAHAHHA thats pretty funny because i have EVERY SINGLE ONE of those backups and they all work PERFECTLY on my NTSC wii

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

must suck for you
No offense but, I'm pretty sure you are lying. Why would you have so many crap games?

mickeyash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really are some terrible games in that list... Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness and GNT 4 are pretty much top tier games though in my opinion so it'd be nice if they got it fixed. There's only a handful of games I want to play on the Wii from the Gamecube anyway... SSBM, Wind Waker, RE4, SMSunshine and F-Zero GX being the ones that work. Ikaruga, ED, GNT4, Bloody Roar, Crazy Taxi and Dream Mix being the ones that don't. Pretty much everything else on the cube were one-pass games I won't play again.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zoids battle legends? Lol.Â
!!! What are you talking about? Zoids battle legends was an incredibly good game! Had the right number of cutscenes for a game based off an anime, had good controls, and let you totally customize your zoid to be like your favorite from the show. (with the exception of the panzer and schnieder tho)

And a majority of that list are popular games (Tony Hawk, STARFOX, Zelda and MK bonus discs, 1080, 007, Super monkey ball, Splinter Cell, etc)

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few of those games:

007 Agent Under Fire
Crazy Taxi
Dragon's Lair 3D
Starfox
Super Monkey Ball

All of them work fine, no problems for me..

-Matthew

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zoids battle legends? Lol. 
!!! What are you talking about? Zoids battle legends was an incredibly good game! Had the right number of cutscenes for a game based off an anime, had good controls, and let you totally customize your zoid to be like your favorite from the show. (with the exception of the panzer and schnieder tho)

And a majority of that list are popular games (Tony Hawk, STARFOX, Zelda and MK bonus discs, 1080, 007, Super monkey ball, Splinter Cell, etc)
First off, ZBL got a 5 on IGN and a 3 average on metareview/metacritics. So it obviously sucks. Secondly, the majoriy of those games are also on Wii. Starfox will be on Wii, Mario Kart will be on Wii. Super Monkey Ball is already on Wii, Splinter cell is already on Wii, 1080 has SSX Blur (Which is better btw). The majority of the games on that list are crap.

But, you think Zoids battle legends is a good game, so what do you know about good games
rolleyes.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyways back to the topic. I think most people don't really care about the audio fix. It's just we were promised a feature but it was not true. If I remember correctly at that time this chip was the only one that "had" an audio fix. Leading many potential buyers to get one. Also the countless update delays adds a factor to why people are getting annoyed with the Wiikey/Team.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He says usernames means nothing. Yet he tells me to shut up. Looks like I hit vital point in his internet ego. It's also funny how you say no one listens to reviews. Then you use one as a point in your argument. HAHAHA. You can now resume your stupidity.

Anyways back to the topic. I think most people don't really care about the audio fix. It's just we were promised a feature but it was not true. Also the countless update delays adds a factor to why people are getting annoyed with the Wiikey/Team.
What are you talking about? You think me saying shut up to you means I have a ego?
ohmy.gif
Wow. Reported for the clearly unndeeded insults.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1