#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just waiting for the sequel to 3D ULTRA MINI GOLF

3mgss1.jpg

No joke I played the shit out of that as a kid.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, everyone's really excited. What is this, the Sierra Club?

Wait, wait, hold on: Good to see Activision has learned the Si-error of their ways.

Oh, oh, wait, no, this is better: I hope this studio's more than a relic of a bygone Si-era!

Take your pick.

Reactions: Foxi4

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Company names and IP legacies mean absolutely nothing. I doubt even a single person from old sierra is working there.
This is another resurrected studio that will get the same treatment like the ones under EA. Banking on the recognizeability of the studio/series in order to sell more copies on the namesakes alone, and proceed to mutilate the corpse further for that 1% additional profit.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think you can consider it a resurrection if they don't have any real Sierra people involved. Ken and Roberta Williams are working on a game with their son, the two guys from Andromeda rejoined forces to create a new space-themed quest. Al Lowe went back to work on Leisure Suit Larry, which is owned not by Activision, Jane Jensen has gone on to start Pinkerton Road Studio to develop Moebius... The only thing that may be resurrected are the IPs, but I wouldn't hold my breath on them having the same magic when all the magicians have moved on.

I can't '+1' this enough. What exactly is it that they ARE bringing back? Who do they still have working there that made sierra what it was at its peak?

ZOMG My Childhood Is Back!!! I want a new release of The Incredible Machine!

Go check out contraption maker. I've played it pretty much to the end, and it IS The Incredible Machine. Not a 'look alike', not a spin off or anything of that sorts. It's from the makers of the original, they've put a lot of work in it, and it shows. :) The only reason it's not called the incredible machine is because they don't own the name of the IP.

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go check out contraption maker. I've played it pretty much to the end, and it IS The Incredible Machine. Not a 'look alike', not a spin off or anything of that sorts. It's from the makers of the original, they've put a lot of work in it, and it shows. :) The only reason it's not called the incredible machine is because they don't own the name of the IP.

Thank you! Contraption Maker is awesome!!!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I forgot to give you guys an update after Gamescom - my bad. :P

Anywho, looking at the website's source was a good idea - there's indeed new King's Quest and Geometry Wars games, namely Geometry Wars 3 - Dimensions and "just" King's Quest, which is supposedly "not a point and click game, but still an adventure". Geometry Wars 3 - Dimensions will be available this holiday season while King's Quest is coming in 2015.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sounds to me like they're just trying to make some money with the brand. many people my age and above remember sierra for publishing (and producing?) quite a bunch of games and other software. that might sell a bit.
i mean, sierra is revived. what does that even mean? will it have the same people as back in the day? if not, what do we all care?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
sounds to me like they're just trying to make some money with the brand. many people my age and above remember sierra for publishing (and producing?) quite a bunch of games and other software. that might sell a bit. i mean, sierra is revived. what does that even mean? will it have the same people as back in the day? if not, what do we all care?
Essentially Activision is reviving old Sierra franchises so they've assembled a studio specifically for the task. I can't complain - maybe they'll put a fresh breath of life into the good old games, maybe they'll just cash in, we'll see once the games see the light of day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o