Sick of 50 cent?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last Xmas I think it was, I was at a wal-mart, and heck it happend at a game-spot too. Hmm, maybe it was the same kid.
Anyway, story goes, theres this litting kid whining at his mom, "Mommy! MommY! I want fifty cent mommy! He shoots poeple mommy! I want fifty cent!"
The kid went on for nearly half an hour next to the PSP game section. His mom wasnt there most of the time funny enough.

Most horrid thing I ever heard.

The gamestop one was just "Hey! I want fifty cent! Its cool!"
Wich isnt as bad, but was still ear bleeding evil that should have never graced the sound waves in the air.

Him and eminem are annoying.
And I hate them just as much.
But you know, its just alot eaiser to just ignore them and listen to good ol rock music :3 Guitar hero anyone?

You know, poeple annoying as that guy dont stick to their own words.
As soon as the other guy makes more sales he'll just go "Well, I was just kidding, Im on a contract after all."
Hes probly just trying to say that as a gimmick in hopes it'll rake in more sales out of pity. Knowing he'll probly not sell as much as the other guy.

mackster

Trophies
XP
Country
offtopic: what is your oldschool rap?
ever heard of...
grandmaster flash
run dmc
grandmaster melle mel
egyptian lover
world class wreckin' cru
afrika bambataa
big daddy kane

there is real oldschool rap...
sugarhillgang
kurtis blow
spooniegee
funky 4 + 1
KRS 1

old school is the best schoool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tupac is oldskool forever.

the remixes after death are occasionally good, but u gotta love the classics like brenda's got a baby and u dont have 2 worry.

so much awesome shit, he didn't lie about getting shot.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aussie hip hop for the winz

urthboy
hilltop hoods
pegz
delta

all awesome and I can relate to it.
wink.gif

fun fact:
some "aussie hip-hop" is recycled NZ hiphop
laugh.gif

fast crew for example were a complete joke here, with their popsicle ads, then they went to australia and became a success
biggrin.gif

Yeah I'm not a fan of fastcrew. None of the acts I listed are NZ, pure Australian baby
wink.gif

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i used to like 50s first album alot but then after a few more songs he went dead for over a year and i never listened to him within that time.

i also had a friend who was obssessed with 50 cent which made me hate him even more lol.

ive always like kanye and i thought he was much better than 50 wen i heard this news until...

the start of this month both albums where ripped and i downloaded both. Even though 50s album is the clean version i think it is better than kanyes by a long mile and cant wait for the dirty version to be released.

nearly all the tracks on it are good apart from kanyes where there are only a few. i also like kanyes album too but tbh imo 50s is better!

so i recommend people check out 50s album and kanyes to see which they think is better.

regards

yus786

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMHO, Kanye actually has things to say in a lot of his songs. Sure, a lot of his songs are him going on about how great he is, but at least it's not the same as 50's songs based mainly around the things he can do, will do, or does with women.

Personally, even though he's an arrogant fuck, I love Kanye. The man can do no wrong, in my eyes.
50, on the other hand, is too "gangsta" for my liking. Sorry mate, but I've heard all about how you've been shot 9 times in the head, lived, and made shitty music FAR too many times.
Tis a shame that he wasn't shot a 10th time.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
imo rap died when pac did. I have over 180 directorys of pac music and rarely listen to any new stuff, only person I know with more than me is stryk. The songs hold up today and given the chance I'd take pac over any other rapper anytime. All this new stuff has no heart man, very generic, especially fiddy's crap.
It's hard to imagine now but I truly believe that in hundreds of years into the future 2pac's music will be looked back on and analyzed as much as some of the great poets of the last 2000 years. It will be a great way to understand street life from our times.. a true prophet of our times, and you never realize prophet potential when your alive in the same era, it's always hundreds of years later when they are reffered to as prophets.
Nothing better than playing something like Stranglehold with a 2pac custom soundtrack!

Some people listen to pac, some people hear him.

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kanye RUINED Daft Punk's 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' completely and thoroughly. And he can't dance.
I'm really getting sick of hearing this, since most DP fans that say this have no idea the original song is built entirely from samples, and kanye got DP's permission.

and I always liked the DP original, but I always wished it was more of a "song" with some actual verses etc, then kanye went and did it
grog.gif

and yus786, give kanye's album a little time to grow on you, his first two albums sounded really weird to me at first, but I grew to love them, for his third, I'm already kinda adapted to his sound, but it's still growing on me.

and yeah Thug4L1f3, as much of a legend I think pac is, I still am a huge huge fan of nas, talib kweli and mos def, so much so that I would say they're keeping rap alive.

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
imo rap died when pac did. I have over 180 directorys of pac music and rarely listen to any new stuff, only person I know with more than me is stryk. The songs hold up today and given the chance I'd take pac over any other rapper anytime. All this new stuff has no heart man, very generic, especially fiddy's crap.
It's hard to imagine now but I truly believe that in hundreds of years into the future 2pac's music will be looked back on and analyzed as much as some of the great poets of the last 2000 years. It will be a great way to understand street life from our times.. a true prophet of our times, and you never realize prophet potential when your alive in the same era, it's always hundreds of years later when they are reffered to as prophets.
Nothing better than playing something like Stranglehold with a 2pac custom soundtrack!

Some people listen to pac, some people hear him.

yeah you just cant beat pac and b.i.g imo they will be looked at as prophets in years from here.

i mean everything about some of his tracks are good, hes been dead (or has he
laugh.gif
) for a good few years and people still listen to his music all over where i live.

hmm ive been listenin to kanyes album but still think fiddys is better as its growin on me more than kanyes, i like a few more tracks on kanyes now though.

regards

yus786

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The Daft Punk one's grown on me, I still sing to the backing bit but I kinda like the song.
happy.gif

But they played another one of Kanye's new tracks on Radio One this afternoon, dear god I hated it!
ohmy.gif
I have no idea what it was, but if I've gotta listen to that 3 times a day for the next 3 weeks I'm going to cry
frown.gif

(Edit: it's called "Homecoming", the radio show's online in this stream at 02hrs 15mins/ or 2.20mins if you don't mind missing the beginning)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...