Shoulder Buttons

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by sphinx.djc, Dec 11, 2010.

1. sphinx.djc
    OP

sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Canada
    GTA, Ontario
    Regarding some of the "home remedies" I've found to fixing the shoulder button issue. My L has begun working less and less these past few weeks, and the R likes to take random times off too. I found on YouTube a solution that recommended licking under the buttons [​IMG] I won't be trying that... Now the alternative was to use a q-tip with water. However, I found this... http://ask.gbatemp.net/318/shoulder-button...ing-weird-issue ... and from the last post I do see the risk and want to avoid using water, but how come when I do blow inside it occasionally does work? Is there really no other way to fix this?

And just to add in, I did try the sensible thing and send it back to Nintendo, but I found out I was going to be charged 85$ (plus tax and shipping) and that has me looking for alternatives.

2. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    The best thing we have found to do is blow th dust out from under the L and R buttons. Its a pain and you have to keep doing it.
    Dont get light headed and pass out on us lol

3. sphinx.djc
    OP

sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Canada
    GTA, Ontario
    Lol, I'll try not to, rest assured I will be doing everything I can to make it work, I just started Kingdom Hearts and the L is necessary. I'm thinking of using an air compressor gun from a woodworking shop, that should set it straight [​IMG]

4. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Yeah just be careful with the air gun and make sure its not set too high.
    Anyways yeah i know. Playing DQM:J the L and R buttons are completely necessary.