Shoulder Buttons

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by sphinx.djc, Dec 11, 2010.

Dec 11, 2010

Shoulder Buttons by sphinx.djc at 7:53 PM (505 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. sphinx.djc
    OP

Member sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Regarding some of the "home remedies" I've found to fixing the shoulder button issue. My L has begun working less and less these past few weeks, and the R likes to take random times off too. I found on YouTube a solution that recommended licking under the buttons [​IMG] I won't be trying that... Now the alternative was to use a q-tip with water. However, I found this... http://ask.gbatemp.net/318/shoulder-button...ing-weird-issue ... and from the last post I do see the risk and want to avoid using water, but how come when I do blow inside it occasionally does work? Is there really no other way to fix this?

And just to add in, I did try the sensible thing and send it back to Nintendo, but I found out I was going to be charged 85$ (plus tax and shipping) and that has me looking for alternatives.

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    The best thing we have found to do is blow th dust out from under the L and R buttons. Its a pain and you have to keep doing it.
    Dont get light headed and pass out on us lol

3. sphinx.djc
    OP

Member sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Lol, I'll try not to, rest assured I will be doing everything I can to make it work, I just started Kingdom Hearts and the L is necessary. I'm thinking of using an air compressor gun from a woodworking shop, that should set it straight [​IMG]

4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Yeah just be careful with the air gun and make sure its not set too high.
    Anyways yeah i know. Playing DQM:J the L and R buttons are completely necessary.