Hacking Question Should you wait for the Online Service before you hack your Switch?

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a source to backup this highly unlikely statistic?!

Let me clarify

Most people here who are readily homebrewing their Switch and not afraid to ban/brick it have two Switches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How would that work? Couldn't you disconnect from the net and then change the date in your device and keep playing them forever? If you have to be connected to the net to play them so much for it being a take-anywhere hand-held.
Wouldn't it work the same as Xbox Gamepass? It simply locks the game after it leaves the catalog, and you can only unlock it buy inserting the disc for it or buying it from the store, online or offline.

Last edited by aykay55,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt that.
Not everyone has the luxury to be able to purchase 2 Switches my friend.
Exactly my point. Those who don't aren't going to take the risk with their only Switch.

The true Switch "homebrew community" is mostly people who own two (or more) Switches.

...if they're not afraid of bans/bricks then why do they have a backup machine??
Not a backup homebrew device. One specifically for homebrewing and one for actually playing. When it was discovered that 3.0.0 and below would be homebrewable in the future, some did not update their Switch, and went to buy another one, which they would play Mario Odyssey on (which required a higher FW than 3.0.0)

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's self-evident. I'm not saying that people with only one aren't homebrewing there systems. Just that those with only one naturally would be hesitant in homebrewing there only Switch because if it bricks, it's game over, no Smash for them. That's why only people with more than one Switch would be fully committed to Switch homebrew. But there are exceptions, I'm not saying all one-Switchers don't care about homebrew, in fact some might be the could-care-less-about-playing type, but we can safely say a majority do care about playing.

(oh, and by ask around, I didn't mean ask other people for sources. I meant the other people are sources you can ask.)

Last edited by aykay55,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
If nintendo is smart they will scrap plans for their 'online service' and only offer it on the newer mariko switch'es, separate the two completely, so all 'hackables' stay forever offline, even if they are legit owners! :)

Make the new upcoming 'mariko' model like New3DS, with big more RAM (there already support for that in newer v5.x firmwares), and big faster GPU/CPU and force emulators and stuff to only work on it, like they did with New3DS!

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
(oh, and by ask around, I didn't mean ask other people for sources. I meant the other people are sources you can ask.)

I know what you meant... But that doesn't alter the fact that if you're going to make such improbable claims then it's on you to back it up. It's absolutely not "self-evident" that *most* people who are using homebrew at the moment have two switches. In fact the amount of threads by people worried about bricking, online bans (such as this one...) etc indicate that the opposite is true.

Anyway we're getting off topic in a bit of a silly argument here so it's probably time for us to bow out and let other people actually deal with the OP's concerns.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The God himself is creating a CFW so he can gen Pokemon. Now I don't know how many people you can battle in your neighborhood, but online battling is the way to go. That being said, I'm confident he's trying to make sure Nintendo doesn't pick up as much as possible. Otherwise, it'd defeat the purpose of his long hard work. Problem is we don't know what Nintendo knows.

Kiok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
With any type of CFW, you're always at a risk of being banned when you go online. Now I don't know if the CFW can spoof it self as Nintendo's firmware, if so, then you should be K.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also - considering the point, that 90% of the companies, that made games in the 80s and 90s are now bankrupt, what about their works of art?

What about it? Pirate it for all I care, just calm down the moral crusade that you should have the right to it.

Whats next? Banks are faceless corporations, so it's ok to steal from them? It's not problem anyway, they're insured right by another faceless corporation. You'll say it's not the same because they have been deprived of their money. So how about counterfeiting? Everyone still has their money & governments are all evil right? But by counterfeiting, you have caused the value of the real currency is now less.

I think you've enjoyed saying who can live in your house long enough, I think it's time for some other people to get the opportunity to live there as well.

Laws are their to protect those who haven't done anything wrong. Namco selling pacman since the 1980's is not wrong, you stealing it is wrong.

When it was discovered that 3.0.0 and below would be homebrewable in the future, some did not update their Switch, and went to buy another one, which they would play Mario Odyssey on (which required a higher FW than 3.0.0)

Which looks like it might have been a little premature. I only have one switch, it's still in it's box. I've got the rest of my life to play Mario Odyssey.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a...