Hacking Should this work? (hard drive question)

gooface

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this Drive enclosure that I threw a 250GB drive from my PS3 in. (so 250GB drive)

I am planning on getting this Drive

and two of these Y-Cables everyone seems to be talking about.

Should that work for playing Wii U games off the 1tb and vWii off the 250GB? I am just about to hit the checkout button.

Thanks!

Last edited by gooface,
D

Deleted User

Yeah, as long as HDD isn't faulty and has been formatted to FAT32 using a 'PC'
(I suggest doing that because Wii U can sometimes just ignore it or fail to reformat it)

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, as long as HDD isn't faulty and has been formatted to FAT32 using a 'PC'
(I suggest doing that because Wii U can sometimes just ignore it or fail to reformat it)

The console will have to format the drive for him, to be able to use the drive to install games via WUP Installer, since the WiiU uses a proprietary format for the WiiU Hard Drives.

Unless you mean to format the drive on his PC, and then let the console format the drive again when he plugs it in to the WiiU?

D

Deleted User

Unless you mean to format the drive on his PC, and then let the console format the drive again when he plugs it in to the WiiU?
Yeah. I meant this, because Wii U has problem with formatting some PS3 HDDs if they're not FAT32.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He wants to use the enclosure for vwii games. Would want to format it with computer. And skip wii u format nag

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH