Hacking Should I wait for this card to come out?

SectionX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So do you guys think I should wait for the DS-Xtreme? It do seem like the best card right now for compability.

monaug5

Trophies
Website
www.infiniteworkers.co.uk
XP
Country
i think DS-Xtreme is something new and i think the other companies fear it just like they all feared NinjaDS well i believe that the DS-X team will surprise some people they may create a GBA Emulator software for their device on launch on in one of the firmwares.

But as Dino stated all shall be revealed soon on the Website!!!

madmk

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd definately wait for these all in one solutions to come out. No point spending money on several pieces of kit just before one of these comes out
smile.gif
I'm waiting too.

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh, buy it now.

Sell it on eBay once something new comes out.

Buy the new one.

Don't listen to madmk. If you're always waiting for the newer, better version, you'll never be happy.

_DiGiTaL_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i were you i would get something for the moment like a M3 Lite or SC Lite. Since nobody currently has a DS-x there is no teling how Good or BAD. G6 Lite is great also alot of people say so if you're going with a 512MB solution just grab a G6 Lite until the DS-x is released and then you can compare and see if that extra 30$ buying a DS-x was worth it cause only a PAsscard 3 seems to be the difference other than the NO patching feature.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, waiting for something like this only serves to stop *you* from enjoying good products now.

This isn't like something like waiting for a new video card or CPU to come out, because the previous card will be so slow as to seriously hurt your enjoyment of video games from the too-low framerate. When the DS-X comes out, will the G6 Lite suddenly be unable to play all the games at a proper framerate? Will the DS-X support 16x FSAA? Will it overclock your DS by 100%? Um...no.

All you will get is the ability to (hopefully) play *RAW DUMPS* without patching. And we can only *HOPE* this is what you get, as that seems to be the major selling point behind this.
An alternative benefit is hopefully a working DS-link function, since the GBA slot is available.

So does that mean that you should start crying and saying how much you wasted money on a G6? Um...no.

1) your G6 will still be able to play GBA games, and I know a lot of people use G6L's for this ability, as well as NDS.
2) You will now have double the storage space for NDS, so you can put some NDS stuff on the DS-X and others on the G6L. Boom-double the game selection.

Unlike something like having an old video card or slower CPU when a new one comes out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1