Homebrew Question Should I update my Nintendo Switch?

• Thread starter Deleted-511732
  • Start date
  • Views 8,669
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted-511732

OP
I am currently running OFW 9.0.1 using an EmuNAND built with the same OFW. I purchased Pokemon Shield and the Nintendo Switch says I need to update the system to allow me to collect mystery gifts, battle online, etc. I'd love to be able to play my offical copy of Pokemon Shield online, while still being able to enter RCM to play my backup of other games. What steps should I take? I know Atmosphere, kosmos, etc all have new updates out since I've performed the modification as well. Can I update, should i update to 9.1.0? I'm lost and don't wanna mess up my switch, my wife will kill me if she can't play all of her other games. .

D

Deleted-511732

OP
I do keep my system offline and not connected to internet, I attempted to use the DNSserver.nro to make sure I've blocked Nintendo, but for some reason not all the servers were blocked after changing the info manually. Anyone have a suggestion on this issue to make sure everything is blocked to Nintendo?

nicoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I recommend you to always update without burning fusees. To do that for SysEMMC I recommend JoyconMod or a JIG with 100% success rate. Then just update officially and hold volume up to boot RCM and reenable AutoRCM because updating SysEMMC will remove AutoRCM. To update EmuEMMC just use ChoiDujourNX. If you want to update Lotus buring Lotus Fusees is your own choise. If you want to update Lotus burring Lotus Fusees is your own choice. If you never plan to downgrade I would otherwise NOGC patches are enabled by default in Hekate and Atmosphere even when booting Stock.

Never connect to Nintendo on EmuEMMC. To do that Install Inkognito on EmuEMMC. This is quite hard as Atmosphere will prevent you from editing that partition so you need to apply some patches first or just backup SysEMMC, use InkognitoRCM, copy SysEMMC to EmuEMMC and restore the SysEMMC backup. Another option is obviously just using 90DNS but it will slow down your connection to some services distributed over CDN as it sometimes uses the location of your DNS server instead of your real location for some wired reason. Never go online with a modded Switch or you will most likely get banned especially when you do illegal things with it you will get instantly banned. Also try avoiding restoring a backup when you were connected to Nintendo inbetween as logs will no longer be properly synchronized which thy could detect but according to user reports havn't done so far.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Last edited by nicoboss,

Alienheadz514

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating your switch wont stop you from being able to enter RCM mode. If you set up your EmuNAND correctly, you should be able to run a system update to 9.1.0 on your SysNAND (that is the official OS that boots whenever you don't enter RCM) without affecting your EmuNAND at all. This way your SysNAND will be on 9.1.0 while you EmuNAND will still be on 9.0.1. You can play Pokemon while on OFW and still boot into EmuNAND to play your backups.

Reactions: PoiRan
D

Deleted-511732

OP
I'm a bit lost. So if I attempt to update my system from 9.0.1 to 9.1.0, I could burn fuses??

I use a Prefab Jig and Payload sender I ordered online to enter Hekete. Then run Atmosphere with EmuNAND. I have 90% of my games backed up so I don't have to carry tons of games around at work or on the road or flying. From my understanding and I believe I've set everything up if I remove my memory card, jig, and payload sender that I should be completely safe to use OFW, as long as i haven't been transferring data back and forth. (Ex. Moving saves between ofw to cfw, then from cfw back to ofw.) I attempted to use 90DNS (couldn't remember name in last post) but for some reason it still connects me up to Nintendo servers in two or three countries servers. I'll get pictures later when I'm home to verify which ones. I've read that I can just update my system on OFW like a normal system to 9.1.0, but there's a possibility that it could make RCM mode not work? Can anyone confirm this as true or a hoax? Do I need to update atmosphere, kosmos, hekete after I upgrade to 9.1.0 on ofw or do I leave it alone since the cfw will be 9.0.1?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently running OFW 9.0.1 using an EmuNAND built with the same OFW. I purchased Pokemon Shield and the Nintendo Switch says I need to update the system to allow me to collect mystery gifts, battle online, etc. I'd love to be able to play my offical copy of Pokemon Shield online, while still being able to enter RCM to play my backup of other games. What steps should I take? I know Atmosphere, kosmos, etc all have new updates out since I've performed the modification as well. Can I update, should i update to 9.1.0? I'm lost and don't wanna mess up my switch, my wife will kill me if she can't play all of her other games. .

Hey I'm kinda lost I thought you could update with choidujour that was kinda the point of the dualboot to keep all your OFW / CFW separate

The234sharingan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at that sweet spot where I have my Switch hacked and everything works just fine, but I dread having to update it when the time comes and having something go wrong with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: