Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, my 3DS was gotten on release day, and sure, as many others my black 3DS had the scratching it's own screen issue, since the 3DS was new back then, there weren't any screen protectors for it, only like after a month or so after it was released, so the screen had already been a tad scratched (well, not much, but it still annoyed me sometimes). Since I got my 3DS insured the day I bought it, and it's still in warranty period, I felt like going to the store where I got it and ask if I could send it in for repairs, since the screen was scratched and all that, to which they replied they could send it to the factory for it to be fixed.

My main question is, how long does it usually take for a 3DS to be fixed, is the waiting time worthwhile?
I won't be paying for anything, but it also worries me about all my eShop and Ambassador games, would they erase them? And if so, would I be able to recover them (also, are the save files in the memory card, or the console memory)?

Thanks in advance.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will keep the e-shop account, always. In some rare cases they won't be able to keep your save files/downloads, but the games will still show as purchased from the eshop and you can download them again. Since it's just screen damage they will probably just transfer it over to the new 3DS or whatever they decide to do.

The games and saves are on the memory card.

It was a really fast turnaround for me, but this is NoA I'm talking about, so the experience could be different.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't think they would replace the mobo.
Only the shell.

If I where you I'd backup everything to the SD card and pull the SD card out (maybe place a sticker on the battery compartment (inside) to verify it's yours.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They actually ask you to remove the SD card and even your stylus before sending it in.
Oh?
That's nice to know. ^^
Btw, if you copy all the files from the original memory card to a new memory card, will it work the same?
I'm thinking about adding a big SD card to it when I get it back, since there'll be games available for download soon. x.x

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They actually ask you to remove the SD card and even your stylus before sending it in.
Oh?
That's nice to know. ^^
Btw, if you copy all the files from the original memory card to a new memory card, will it work the same?
I'm thinking about adding a big SD card to it when I get it back, since there'll be games available for download soon. x.x
Yep, as long as it came from the same system just copy the files over to the new card and they will work.

Reactions: 1 person

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to hijack the thread or anything but I got my 3ds on launch and it has the same issue, NoA doesn't cover screen scratching but they cover the lose hinge problem which my 3ds also has. If I sent it in do you think they would fix both anyway?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to hijack the thread or anything but I got my 3ds on launch and it has the same issue, NoA doesn't cover screen scratching but they cover the lose hinge problem which my 3ds also has. If I sent it in do you think they would fix both anyway?
My brother sent in his 3DS for screen scratching, and they fixed the broken R button as well.

They actually sent him a new system, with everything transferred. Serial numbers were different. They did the same with mine as well.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother sent in his 3DS for screen scratching, and they fixed the broken R button as well.

They actually sent him a new system, with everything transferred. Serial numbers were different. They did the same with mine as well.
Awesome, I guess i'll send it while its still under warranty then. The screen wobble problem is pretty bad on mine so I doubt they'll try to make me pay for it

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh?
That's nice to know. ^^
Yep, as long as it came from the same system just copy the files over to the new card and they will work.
Great to know. ^^
Thanks for the info. =3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello