Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I voted no. Keep the damn thing. But if you insist, at least secure the thing with bootmii and priiloader (=making a working nand backup & blocking all the updates), include a printout of the completesoftmodguide and also give them a paper detailing whatever the hell is under the hood of the thing.

Reason: I'm pretty tired of ppl coming here saying "yeah, I've bought this premodded wii from some guy on the internet. I have no idea how and what it does, but I can't play . plz help."

Pyrofyr said:
Do you think he cares or that matters? What matters is how much he gets as a bundle, he's not selling the game as much as he is the convenience of not having to download them, the typical person hacking it themselves doesn't know (yet) how to download games easily, and there's also no guarantee they have good internet, if they're in Australia, paying `per` stuff downloaded, those games are suddenly worth quite a bit more than 'nothing', they're worth at minimum the price of the data used to download them.
That's your viewpoint. Mine is that you consume the price for the obtained the data by playing those downloads. Or more correctly: by having the ability to play those downloads. So if you just download 1000 games and barely/never play one, the net price for it is still an even zero.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get some peoples minds I really don't.

Right, if you want to sell it with backups, then you'll need to find a friend who wants in under those pretences. If you advertise it as hacked or with backup games, or listing the backup games and not even stating they are backups then you are a bit silly and the ad will prob get taken down.

Otherwise, backups = bin, originals = second hand game store along with your accessories, Sell the wii as solus i.e. what comes in an original wii box, 1 control, basic scart, wii sports etc...
Selling a wii with gamecube controllers and extras is more of a niche and less likely to sell as its more expensive for things that a bog standard new wii user won't want such as those gamecube controls.

And regardless of what the poster above has said I disagree 100%. Backups aint worth shit. Not to anyone, reason being regardless of bandwidth balls, MOST people over the age of 16 can download what they want, there are easily ways of doing it so basically everyone in the world knows someone they can get dodgy games off if they want, or knows someone that knows someone, so copies = worth sweet fa. Also, you gotta bear in mind, the buyer might not want ANY of those games.

I sold a wii last year, at that point I had over 200+ backups on disc, and I simply put every one of them in the bin. Ended up getting a wii again though as I missed it and the scene

And premodded, again, no real value. Most wiis can be modded for free so this is literally saving them a few minutes and as for the hard mod. Nowadays since everything is achievable by softmodding, there is no need for this and so again, no added value, you have a standard wii as far as selling it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0