Hacking Should I sell my Gateway3DS?

Xenon Hacks

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2014
Messages
7,414
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
4,661
Country
United States
So as some of you know KARL3DS will be coming out soonand i'm very confident there will be either a leak or someone will RE the work within a week and make a backup loader (if no one releases separate work before this).

So my question is should I sell it for roughly 100+ local while its still worth something or keep it while we wait to find out what gateways "special feature" is?

Or do you think the price will hold while people are still in the dark during KARL's release?

-This is not a piracy discussion keep that BS - Here
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
Selling your Gateway card in the hopes of KARL being leaked and reverse engineered and be modified to allow for backup loading to the same degree like Gateway is a stretch.
You'd be waiting for an indefinite amount of time.

Gateway provides continuous support to provide us with 100% game compatibility as fast as possible. If this KARL thing is leaked, then there's probably no devs that can or will want to provide this kind of support.

Besides, you don't even know how user friendly this KARL method will be.

I'd say stick with your Gateway card.
 

Xenon Hacks

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2014
Messages
7,414
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
4,661
Country
United States
Selling your Gateway card in the hopes of KARL being leaked and reverse engineered and be modified to allow for backup loading to the same degree like Gateway is a stretch.
You'd be waiting for an indefinite amount of time.

Gateway provides continuous support to provide us with 100% game compatibility as fast as possible. If this KARL thing is leaked, then there's probably no devs that can or will want to provide this kind of support.

Besides, you don't even know how user friendly this KARL method will be.

I'd say stick with your Gateway card.

im not hoping theres a leak I would like too keep my gateway card but history has a funny way of repeating itself.
 

ody81

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
464
Trophies
0
XP
315
Country
So as some of you know KARL3DS will be coming out soonand i'm very confident there will be either a leak or someone will RE the work within a week and make a backup loader (if no one releases separate work before this).

So my question is should I sell it for roughly 100+ local while its still worth something or keep it while we wait to find out what gateways "special feature" is?

Or do you think the price will hold while people are still in the dark during KARL's release?

-This is not a piracy discussion keep that BS - Here


Don't be too confident, there could have been a backup loader made the second the MSET exploit went public. Nope. Nothing. Even now, just a crummy CFW. So there's that.

And also, you'd need Cubic Ninja anyway for KARL right? I've seen that game priced much higher than a GW cart.

Doesn't seem like you've thought this through so I'll give you some free advice and say don't sell.

Edit: Now I'm too confused, you don't hope for a leak? You don't need BOTH GW and KARL surely, why would you? You can do everything on a GW. Including Ninjhax for .3dsx stuff.
 

Xenon Hacks

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2014
Messages
7,414
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
4,661
Country
United States
Don't be too confident, there could have been a backup loader made the second the MSET exploit went public. Nope. Nothing. Even now, just a crummy CFW. So there's that.

And also, you'd need Cubic Ninja anyway for KARL right? I've seen that game priced much higher than a GW cart.

Doesn't seem like you've thought this through so I'll give you some free advice and say don't sell.

I have 4 copies of cn atm also if you've read each page there's an underlying tone in some of the devs words (name gonna name anyone) also theres govanify's work that was written off almost immediately but im sure we are gonna see something even if its based off of stolen work and buggy as all hell.
 

ody81

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
464
Trophies
0
XP
315
Country
I have 4 copies of cn atm also if you've read each page there's an underlying tone in some of the devs words (name gonna name anyone) also theres govanify's work that was written off almost immediately but im sure we are gonna see something even if its based off of stolen work and buggy as all hell.


I saw that, a screen grab of gov's repo. I'm not gonna hold my breath, it'd be cool though.

Anyhow, 4 copies of cn? I'd say sell those instead. Seriously. At least you could sell 3 of them.
 

Xenon Hacks

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2014
Messages
7,414
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
4,661
Country
United States
Don't be too confident, there could have been a backup loader made the second the MSET exploit went public. Nope. Nothing. Even now, just a crummy CFW. So there's that.

And also, you'd need Cubic Ninja anyway for KARL right? I've seen that game priced much higher than a GW cart.

Doesn't seem like you've thought this through so I'll give you some free advice and say don't sell.

Edit: Now I'm too confused, you don't hope for a leak? You don't need BOTH GW and KARL surely, why would you? You can do everything on a GW. Including Ninjhax for .3dsx stuff.

to your edit its simply about money if I can sell it for 100+ and get the same type of product for free (using one of my cn carts) id like too do so while I can.
 

Rather Dashing

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
73
Trophies
0
XP
235
Country
United States
i'm keeping mine. my guess is either two things are going to happen

1) the whole KARL thing paves the way to some CFW/loader/etc that would probably support loading off the gateway card
2) gateway themselves come out with an implementation

i already ordered a copy of CN off ebay for $17 for my 9.0 N3DS so I'm fine with either. if it turns out that i really don't need the gateway card i'll think about selling it but before then i wouldn't. imagine selling the card and the day later gateway 4 drops?
 

Xenon Hacks

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2014
Messages
7,414
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
4,661
Country
United States
I saw that, a screen grab of gov's repo. I'm not gonna hold my breath, it'd be cool though.

Anyhow, 4 copies of cn? I'd say sell those instead. Seriously. At least you could sell 3 of them.

Yeah im waiting for another price rocket (i know im greedy) but I have one copy for me and one for a friend grabbed them from my gamestop when they were 5 each by putting them old hold the day sealum told us what game we needed.
 

Xenon Hacks

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2014
Messages
7,414
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
4,661
Country
United States
i'm keeping mine. my guess is either two things are going to happen

1) the whole KARL thing paves the way to some CFW/loader/etc that would probably support loading off the gateway card
2) gateway themselves come out with an implementation

i already ordered a copy of CN off ebay for $17 for my 9.0 N3DS so I'm fine with either. if it turns out that i really don't need the gateway card i'll think about selling it but before then i wouldn't. imagine selling the card and the day later gateway 4 drops?

These are my thoughts exactly thats why Im wondering what people think should I cash in now while I can or wait for more developments.
 

enarky

owls?
Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
1,223
Trophies
1
XP
2,023
Country
Afghanistan
Why sell? And why are you asking that question in the first place? You seem to have no problem holding on to useless items, owning four copies of Cubic Ninja. You make no sense, dude.
 

guitarheroknight

1.6180339887
Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2014
Messages
2,818
Trophies
1
Age
31
Location
Grand Line
XP
4,026
Country
Norway
So as some of you know KARL3DS will be coming out soonand i'm very confident there will be either a leak or someone will RE the work within a week and make a backup loader (if no one releases separate work before this).

So my question is should I sell it for roughly 100+ local while its still worth something or keep it while we wait to find out what gateways "special feature" is?

Or do you think the price will hold while people are still in the dark during KARL's release?

-This is not a piracy discussion keep that BS - Here

Keep it, if someone makes a free CFW with no restriction then sell it :gba:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2014
Messages
7,414
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
4,661
Country
United States
Why sell? And why are you asking that question in the first place? You seem to have no problem holding on to useless items, owning four copies of Cubic Ninja. You make no sense, dude.

if KARL3DS or a modded version of KARL3DS comes out the value of cubic ninja will skyrocket again since it would be needed for either.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: really* +1