Hacking Should I re-install my Haxchi?

pogchampion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i was following this guide and installed Haxchi (going for CBHC) and it says
You can now hold various buttons while launching your DS virtual console game for different boot options. This is what each of the boot options do:
  • None -> Boots into patched SysNAND
  • (A) -> Boots into the Homebrew Launcher
But for me it's as follows
  • None -> Boots into Homebrew Launcher
  • (A) -> Attempts to go into WiiU home menu and hangs
Should I re-install my Haxchi? If so, what might I done incorrectly?

D

Deleted User

You must reinstall Haxchi everytime you alter it's config.txt (Using Haxchi Installer)
This is not the case for CBHC but Haxchi itself.

Reactions: Garou

pogchampion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You must reinstall Haxchi everytime you alter it's config.txt (Using Haxchi Installer)
This is not the case for CBHC but Haxchi itself.
I don't think I ever edited the config.txt though, are you saying that by just installing Haxchi, I edited it? So I have to Install it, delete it, reinstall the 3ds VC title, and then install it again?

Last edited by pogchampion,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I ever edited the config.txt though, are you saying that by just installing Haxchi, I edited it? So I have to Install it, delete it, reinstall the 3ds VC title, and then install it again?

no, edit the config.txt, then reinstall with the haxchi installer. the config.txt goes in a certain location with the game you're exploiting, so it needs to be reinstalled if u want to edit any of the buttons. this only takes like 5 seconds, so it's nothing major.

pogchampion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that either I worded my initial question incorrectly. However, I decided to look at my config.txt and see what's up.
Config.txt said:
a=fw.img
b=sysmenu
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
So if I'm reading this right, doing nothing goes to hbl, A = launching fw.img and B = sysmenu?

And the reason why my console hangs while holding A is because I don't have a fw.img?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your config.txt looks fine. the console will hang if it can't find the file. your fw.img should be on the root of your sd card with that config.txt to work.

pogchampion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
One more question
FIX94 said:
You can boot a fw.img or Mocha CFW on your sd card which could be useful for rednand and if you really need to connect to wupserver from a pc, but thats really only interesting as a developer. For pretty much anyone the system menu setting (which uses the included CBHC CFW) is enough, on top of that using Mocha or fw.img for sysnand can lead to bootup problems and takes far longer to boot so please just dont do it, I dont know how often I can repeat that point anymore.

So I don't really need a fw.img unless I'm planning to run Mocha or rednand? and I can just ignore holding A and just hold B instead to boot into a sigpatched nand normally?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However your config.txt file reads is how HaxChi will respond. The guide assumes that you have made the changes to the config. You can use HaxChi to boot into HaxChi CFW (sysmenu option) or any other homebrew you want. You can point the other buttons to elf files to launch homebrew if you want. Just know that if you don't first use HaxChi to boot to system menu then you won't be in CFW.

Also like mentioned above. You can change the config.txt file on your SD card to configure HaxChi however you like. You must re-install HaxChi for the changes to take effect.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, edit the config.txt, then reinstall with the haxchi installer. the config.txt goes in a certain location with the game you're exploiting, so it needs to be reinstalled if u want to edit any of the buttons. this only takes like 5 seconds, so it's nothing major.
Or you could do what i used to do and manually replace the file yourself if you are more of a power user

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's that too. I have the wupclient commands for that along with manually installing haxchi by itself on psx-place, in my wii u tutorials thread. much easier with ftpii everywhere though, but this was before that app existed. :P u just need the title id of the game in question which I think u can find on the haxchi github. there may be other locations for it, but that's what I've always used. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc