Hacking Should I play Deadly Creatures? This thing is will break my Wii

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
wtf at people trying to argue that I shouldn't be pirating.....some of you people can't even begin to understand how things work outside your rich, high income countries so don't apply your values, rules and way of living to the entire world.
Over here piracy is more or less part of our culture when it comes to these things, no sane person would buy a 50 or 60 euro game when we make 250 euros a month on average and when the country has no established video game industry.

The only time we buy original games is when we absolutely have to, like MMO's and other online games.

Thanks to piracy my country has never been behind on games, movies, tv shows and music, if it weren't for piracy we would've been stuck in the friggin stone age now.
Preach it!
grog.gif

brainwabrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen a definite difference in burning anything higher then 4x. I use to burn at the highest speed and that kept giving me errors (reinsert disc message). Once I dropped to 4x I've never seen a problem again (and I'm using the same media from the same spindle).

I do believe you can wear out your laser. The laser moves from center to out and back when reading data. As with any mechanical system, it will eventually fail. Now, it may be 15 years vs 20 years, but it will fail.

klyick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brainwabrain said:
I have seen a definite difference in burning anything higher then 4x. I use to burn at the highest speed and that kept giving me errors (reinsert disc message). Once I dropped to 4x I've never seen a problem again (and I'm using the same media from the same spindle).

I do believe you can wear out your laser. The laser moves from center to out and back when reading data. As with any mechanical system, it will eventually fail. Now, it may be 15 years vs 20 years, but it will fail.

That is the mechanical system that MOVES the laser, not the laser itself. And yes, it does have a non-infinite lifespan. However, that has nothing to do with wearing out your laser, which was my original point.

biggrin.gif

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently 6x Verbatim -R is the way to go (ImgBurn).

My soft mod makes odd noises (reading at 3x), for sure a chip will help as the drive will then read twice as quickly.

Wiiownzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Deadly Creatures and my laser doesn't go crazy. I had the burn settings at auto but the speed was probably around 8x. All of my games still work too. Sometimes the audio lags for me and I might get some random loading areas but that is normal. I only encountered one time when my laser was going crazy, I had a bad burn. I just burned again and I'm flying quietly.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I burn all of my games on 16X speed with Verbatim-Rs.

Not a single error, not a single problem.

Now if you are hear and see stuttering, high pitched voices, hearing the same sentence immediately while in the game (echo), its because you are playing the game at 3X speed due to the softmods. To play it normally, get a Modchip! Modchips are where its at as you play the game at the speed it was intended to be played at, which is 6X speed.

The laser was built to read. The laser will not wear down from reading bad burns, will not "die" from reading too much. This is Nintendo we are talking about. Nintendo Quality. I am sure they tested everything before shipping the first Wiis.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:

Now if you are hear and see stuttering, high pitched voices, hearing the same sentence immediately while in the game (echo), its because you are playing the game at 3X speed due to the softmods. To play it normally, get a Modchip! Modchips are where its at as you play the game at the speed it was intended to be played at, which is 6X speed.

The laser was built to read. The laser will not wear down from reading bad burns, will not "die" from reading too much. This is Nintendo we are talking about. Nintendo Quality. I am sure they tested everything before shipping the first Wiis.

Those first Wiis which overheated with wiiconnect24 on you mean? Totally man, I can see that.

Holt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiivolutiion.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Tichinde925 said:

anything can stand for ever, even a wii with only original games, gradually looses it's read capacity...
now think about those medias that we buy. they're not even have the half of the original's quality.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its the mechanical gears that spin the disc, load and eject the disc, and the device that moves the laser; these mechanical items will be the first ones to die before the laser even has a chance to over the lifetime of the Wii.

If your worried about quality, then just stick with Originals and not Backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: