Hacking Question Should i give up?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will a paperclip like this work guys??

Yes that will work fine, just try to touch pin 10 with the sharp point, while simultaneously touch the top part to any part of the rail. Do this while holding volume up and tapping the power button.

If the Switch turns on, you've done it wrong. Turn it back off and try again.

If it stays at a black screen (you can tap the power button multiple times, just don't try holding it), you've done it! Your Switch is in RCM mode and you're ready to send it a payload!

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just shove a wire cut off a power supply into the back corner of the right joycon rail. Youll be aight if you're careful. Just dont mess with the other pins closer to the front (pin 1 ((by the screen)) is ok).

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is guys that i can barely see the pins my eyes are hurting already
I don't think hardly anybody can "see" the pins, it's more of a "jam the pointy metal into the rail and feel around" sort of thing. Stick it in the right joycon rail, as far as you can toward the corner by the back of the switch. Then, pull it just a hair away from the corner, you might actually feel when it slips into the slot for the 10th pin. Try, and if it doesn't work, turn the Switch back off and try again.

Seriously, once you've done this the first one or two times you'll be questioning why you every doubted yourself before. So many people on here have done it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I live on the East Coast USA (EST timezone). If you still haven't gotten it to work by 9:30 PM EST (that's in about 5 hours) let me know. I'll be home from work around then and I'll be more than happy to coach you through it over a video chat.

Nightfox_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's no need to make your own. Buy a premade one ebay(dot)com(dot)au/itm/Nintendo-Switch-RCM-Jig-Keyring-joycon-mod-for-recovery-mode-Hack-Load-Linux/273192667748?hash=item3f9b8d4a64:g:coYAAOSwx95bANFv and this one even has a handy keyring on it. I used to use a paperclip but sometimes I bent out of the correct shape. Replace the (dot)s with a real dot. The forum doesn't allow posting of links for new users

Last edited by Nightfox_,

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest you buy a jig from eBay that's what I did they are fairly priced.
Also, you should hold off on updating, play Fortnite on another device if you can who knows what is possible when Atmosphère is released.
I'm on 4.1.0 and not updating since it is said mine is expected to be supported eventually. (for a method of loading it without a jig I believe?).
It's your call though but IMO its more beneficial to wait and take advantage of earlier firmware.
If you did update you could still use a jig/paperclip though just that not updating may allow you to skip that step.

Last edited by Ian095,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i don't know what to do with my switch as i told u guys before its on 2.2.0
Should i give up on hopes of having cfw and roms and should i update to the latest 5.1.0 and play fortnite cuz its a free game
I can't order tx sx nor can i make a paperclip mod
Will there really be a browser exploit for fws 3.0.0 and below and will atmosphere be supported
If they manage to create a emunand won't it still burn efuses right?
So should i just update to 5.1.0 and buy games from eshop/physically

Wow, you want to give up so easily ? I had PS4 with 2.57 FW for almost 4 years and now I am able to update it to 5.05 for a jailbreak. Wait for a long time is worth for me. If you want to give up then go for it. Its your Switch. I have a Nintendo Switch with 3.0.0 and I am waiting as long as I can. I have a lot things to do.. Out for the nature, hanging out with friends, visiting family as I can, and exercise. That's me. So i dont have a problem. Time will fly fast and it did for my PS4 now jailbreak at last. Its your Nintendo Switch and you do whatever you want. :)

Reactions: NoNAND

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think atmosphere will release this year
Hekate basically boots an unfinished form of Atmosphere.

Will Atmosphere release this year? I don't know, only SciresM could give a good answer to that. But I'm not really concerned about that, we already have homebrew, we can run Linux, backup and restore our saves, run emulators, with LayeredFS we can even load backups (but with a huge ban risk, don't bother if you care about going online). I look forward to Atmosphere's release, but I'm having a lot of fun with my Switch with what we already have.

Reactions: NoNAND

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I meant i can't shape a paperclip tje way its needed to enter rcm/hekate
Too young? Nothing wrong with that, but let me tell you that a switch without CW and only legit options can still offer a lot of fun and gameplay hours, don't stress over it, I would not trade the time I have had with it since launch just for stuff I can do on a laptop/wii and the promise of piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids