• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Do you like Vita games?
Do you like PS1 games?
Do you like PSP games?
Do you like Homebrew?

Well, if you answer "yes" to any then to for it. Oh, the launch (OLED) is the best version of the console to get.

WarioWaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're into "indies" I found it to be the perfect indie machine but otherwise I thought its library was a lot weaker than the psps (at least it can play psp games).

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don’t need popslosder to play psx games. Not in adrenaline anyway. I had a hacked psp of mane years and when I got my vita, I tried adrenaline straight away. I thought I was on my psp. Adrenaline works great! I sold my hacked psp. The vita completely replaced it. I love handhelds. The simple fact that the vita has Bluetooth was a heavy selling point for me. I game mostly while laying down and I love wireless headphones.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a solid system for the psp side alone, but it doesn't have a lot of exclusives. there's a list somewhere, and it only has 40-50 exclusive games, and most of them are pretty bad. I wouldn't hold back though, cuz there are some solid exclusives like tales of hearts r.

edit: scratch that, .looks like it has around double that with exclusives, but yeah a lot of them are junk. btw, this is my opinion. most of my games are like ratchet and clanks, jak and daxter, etc., so they're not exclusives.

Last edited by godreborn,

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vita is fairly good if you don't have any other consoles. Unfortunately, there are not so many console exclusives. If you have a PS4 and want to use it as a remote play, you can use it with your smartphone.

Yeah, it is capable for retro emulators and native psp capability, but that's nothing special, your smartphone alone is capable to run retro emulators and ppspp has a good performance on modern smartphone.

I actually tempted to buy a vita until I checked at its library, and it reminds me why the console failed against 3DS. If you have a PC, the incentive to buy a vita is even less.

I bought a psp go and then psp 3000 and I think I just finished like 2 games on psp: Tactics Ogre LUCT and Fate/extra. glad someone else bought it not too long after I listed them. Better be careful if you don't want to be stuck with a console you won't play.

If you just want to buy a handheld because switch is currently too expensive, buying a 3DS would be a better choice.

Last edited by eriol33,

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an o2ds and a switch already and i'm happy with It. But i've ever been attracted ti Sony handelds. I know that I won't play PS vita so much but i want it in my collection. Sorry for my eng

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The Vita has a few gems that really can't be found anywhere else. An example is Persona 4 Golden. Sure, you can play regular P4 on a PS2 emulator but Golden is just better (and worse) in some instances. It's also a JRPG and VN powerhouse if you're into those kinds of things. You can also play PSP games on it, and by extension, PS1 games as well. I think it's the perfect handheld to play PSX games, provided you get a grip so it's more comfortable and so you get additional trigger buttons.

teamlocust

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Oled has the best picture quality but the slim version are slightly less chunky and is lightweight and has usb-c charging which is convenient

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PSVita is nice to have but todays... The console flopped big time because Sony let it die and memcards were and still are exorbitant absurdly priced. Yes, you might have SD2VITA but only if you have hacked it otherwise it won't work.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Homebrew wise, the vita is kinda barren, but you do get all of the excellent PSP mode homebrew with GBA emulation almost perfect and some N64 games playable with daedalusx64. Natively, the only notable emulator seems to be retroarch. The vita has tons of anime games, if you're into that. there's also a few PS2 and PS3 ports. Plus all PSP and PSX games. The hardware is pretty great, the controls are nice, the screen is good although preferably get the older phat model, the OLED panel really makes stuff like anime games pop.

no. just no.
take off those rose colored glasses. gba on psp wasn't almost perfect. it was adequate for it's time at best.
same for snes games.

if you don't want the vita for either vita, psp or psx games, you'd probably be better of with something like a rg350m

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vita has the best DPad ever. Best version of Spelunky. My personal favourite version of Terraria. Soul Sacrifice.

Doesn't have perfect SNES emulation but close. If you overclock the system, a lot of problems with slowdown are resolved (Metal Gear, Assassin's Creed, Disgaea).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1