Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
There are two flashcarts that are copies of Gateway on the market right now, and then the really expensive original. Since ordering Gateway using PayPal didn't go my way (I ended up getting a refund, thank the lords) I'm going to go and grab another from a local US retailer with a Debit Card. My issue is that my budget is currently 80 dollars. If I buy a Gateway, I can't get express shipping, or the new screen cover I wanted for my device. But with the others, I can do all those things and even get express shipping.

Is it worth it to get Gateway in the long-run? I know that the Gateway will provide updates as soon as they happen, but it's so expensive...

Are the Gateway Images cross-compatible with the other replicated products?

Thanks!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I heard, the saves were compatible, but software is not. Honestly, from the notes I heard from several of my colleagues, the Gateway is leaps and bounds better in terms of quality than that R4i or the 3DS Link chip.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you are safer in the long run with a gateway.

I don't see why express shipping matters. It has been out for months and months already. A few extra days waiting won't hurt.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wait for Gateway 2.0 and see what's new,currently it's not worth buying any of the flashcarts,except for the cheap clones,unless you're a heavy 3DS gamer and have a bunch of games you would play.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can not understand why you guys still call r4i gold 3ds deluxe a clone?
R4i gold 3ds deluxe just released a video supporting The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds , which can not be supported by gw till now.
This means that they can update the firmware by themselves.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can not understand why you guys still call r4i gold 3ds deluxe a clone?
R4i gold 3ds deluxe just released a video supporting The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds , which can not be supported by gw till now.
This means that they can update the firmware by themselves.

They were using the gateway beta...

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I heard, the saves were compatible, but software is not. Honestly, from the notes I heard from several of my colleagues, the Gateway is leaps and bounds better in terms of quality than that R4i or the 3DS Link chip.

Why don't you get a Deluxe card before you got a rashly conclusion for its quality rather than just "heard from colleagues..." Oh yeah, fair enough, Let's take a look at its PCS...It looks great than GW's IMO..

xinpian1.jpg

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Just because Gateway released first, it doesnt mean it will support better/longer than other cards. It could just as well drop the project tomorrow just like that. R4 on the other hand has years of quality support (R4i Gold). The years of proven support gives me more faith than Gateway who just released it first(With no proven history whatsoever). With the release of the emuNAND video from R4i it seems I made the right choice. Have been using R4i Deluxe for 2 weeks, works perfectly.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you get a Deluxe card before you got a rashly conclusion for its quality rather than just "heard from colleagues..." Oh yeah, fair enough, Let's take a look at its PCS...It looks great than GW's IMO..

xinpian1.jpg

Because "my colleagues" have been around a hell of a lot longer than you have, and have written detailed reviews of these chips already. Everyone that I have spoken to regarding the chip has said that the plastic protecting the shell is far weaker than that of the Gateway 3DS.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever R4i Team did something for their card updating, someone always said "they just copied GW's firmware 2.0(which is never exist yet), they are using GW's beta, blabla..." It's a really funny thing since last weekend. :lol:

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because "my colleagues" have been around a hell of a lot longer than you have, and have written detailed reviews of these chips already. Everyone that I have spoken to regarding the chip has said that the plastic protecting the shell is far weaker than that of the Gateway 3DS.

Oh, you mean Devin, I respected all the reviewer's great job(included Devin's) for this new card, anyway, seems most of my colleagues don't agree with his comment at this point, you can see more other reviewer's view if you would like to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-