Hacking Should I get 1GB or 2GB?

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the Japanese Kingston 2GB the same really fast speed as the Japanese Kingston 1GB. I really like the Castlevania games.
smile.gif

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd get the most you can, got a 4gb CF card in my M3 and its only got gig left on it, mostly used up with various NDS/GBA roms.

Why do you have GBA games on the M3?

Because you can run GBA games on a M3......

Wait...

So you cant run them on an R4, but you can on M3, even though they are basically the same thing?

You can't run any GBA games off of a slot 1 card. Maybe Hadrian is using the M3 to store GBA games and flashing them to a slot 2 card like the EZ 3-in-1?

Edit -I guess Hadrian was talking about a different card in the M3 line. Understandable mistake though since people on these boards tend to use M3 as shorthand for M3 DS Simply since it's by far their most popular card. Kind of how I refer to my Cyclo DS and don't bother to specify it's the evolution I'm referring to.

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
I'd get the most you can, got a 4gb CF card in my M3 and its only got gig left on it, mostly used up with various NDS/GBA roms.

Wait...

So you cant run them on an R4, but you can on M3, even though they are basically the same thing?

SLOT-1 DEVICES CANT PLAY GBA GAMES!

My god you stupid....i'm not talking about the M3 DS Simply.

There are different products in the M3 name, some can play GAB games, some cant.

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country

Wait...

You can't run any GBA games off of a slot 1 card. Maybe Hadrian is using the M3 to store GBA games and flashing them to a slot 2 card like the EZ 3-in-1?

Edit -I guess Hadrian was talking about a different card in the M3 line. Understandable mistake though since people on these boards tend to use M3 as shorthand for M3 DS Simply since it's by far their most popular card. Kind of how I refer to my Cyclo DS and don't bother to specify it's the evolution I'm referring to.

Thankyou for explaining that, Pigwooly. I did not know.

Wait...

There are different products in the M3 name, some can play GAB games, some cant.

Actually, I think your the stupid one here. I know very well that Slot 1 devices cannot play GBA games without a Slot 2 device to go with it, and, as Pigwooly explained, it was a mistake many people could have made. You were the one who failed to explain that you meant an M3 that Wasnt the M3 Simply.

Electricview

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow some people are hella rude....
anyways i did a little research, on here, people reported that their 2gb kingstons still froze with castlevania, apparently bigger sized cards do NOT run as fast as the smaller size ones, or seek times, i'm not sure exactly, but thats what their findings where, I had the same question 2gb or 1gb.. i went with 1gb to ensure compatability with every game (present and future!).

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
wow some people are hella rude....
anyways i did a little research, on here, people reported that their 2gb kingstons still froze with castlevania, apparently bigger sized cards do NOT run as fast as the smaller size ones, or seek times, i'm not sure exactly, but thats what their findings where, I had the same question 2gb or 1gb.. i went with 1gb to ensure compatability with every game (present and future!).

That is correct. Castlevania: PoR does freeze using that very Mem stick.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

Wait...

Thankyou for explaining that, Pigwooly. I did not know.

Wait...

Actually, I think your the stupid one here. I know very well that Slot 1 devices cannot play GBA games without a Slot 2 device to go with it, and, as Pigwooly explained, it was a mistake many people could have made. You were the one who failed to explain that you meant an M3 that Wasnt the M3 Simply.
... If it was a Simply, he would have called it the M3 Simply
tongue.gif
M3 refers to the M3 Perfect and M3 Pro series.

I call them M3 Adapters, just so things like this don't happen. Though the Simply essentially is an adapter too, it's never called like that
happy.gif

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
2x 2GB is too small for me, so I'm upping to 1x 6GB
biggrin.gif

2GB should be enough for most of your needs, though.

It is a shame the R4 cant take SDHC so that 6GB card will be useless.

It's a shame I'm buying a Cyclo with it or my R4 would be useless
biggrin.gif

Well please don't post in the R4 forum claiming you will be getting a 6GB card. That will confuse people since the R4 cant take SDHC. kkthxbai.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi