Should i download the acekard update or wait?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kingtomy, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009
  1. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    So i am currently wondering if i should download the new acekard update to bypass 1.4. I hear people saying that it isnt made by the acekard time so its bad. There isnt any news of it on the acekard website so im not sure about it. Should I wait till the acekard team announces this update? Also if i do end up updating it, how do i do it? Do i just have to download update file anywhere on my acekard or onto a certain folder on the acekard? After downloading it what do i do? I am going to borrow my friends DSL cuz i hear u need a old ds to update it but i dunno y and what to do after i put my acekard in the old ds. Also what does getting ur acekard "bricked" mean? Im assuming it means it doesnt work? How do you know if its bricked and is it reversable? my dsi is currently on 1.4u cuz i was stupid enough to update it. How would i find out if my acekard is "bricked"? Sorry for being such a noob >.

2. robertw00t

Newcomer robertw00t Member

United States
    Well you're already screwed for one because you have already updated.
    From what I understand now, just put the DSL version of the 'rom' on your card and use a DSL to run the cart and then it should work.

I don't know how to 'unbrick' the cart, but i hear there's a way.

I just put the 'rom' in my NDS ROMS folder and ran it like a NDS game.
    Easy as pie.

3. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    it is made by team acekard, it's just that they can't be associated with it as it contains copyrighted THQ code
    it's safe and works, you may as well update...

4. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    Well i said im going to use my friends DSL to update, am i still screwed? and can u plz explain what being bricked means?

5. toymin80r

Member toymin80r GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no, you're not screwed, and being 'bricked' means that you wouldn't be able to use the DSi anymore (don't worry about it, it'll work just fine).

6. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    Thnx, can u plz tell me what to do after i put the acekard with the update file in it into my friends DSL? how do i update my acekard after i put it in my friends DSL?

7. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    just ignore the file that says DSL (that's for recovering or updating several at once)

use the one that says dsi, run it, wait for 100% then just reset ds when prompted to, it's simple...
    (just ensure your dsl is correctly powered)

8. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    Sorry, i forgot to ask this before, but how do u get things like ur DS and acekard bricked? Is there a list of ways somewhere so i can make sure not to do it?

9. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Uhh no both a DSi and a flashcart can brick, your DSi can only brick at this point if you blow a fuse (something like that happened with the old R4) or you use the DSi Mode exploit and mess something up (would be kinda hard cause only assembly code is allowed). You can brick your acekard by stopping the update in the middle, it's the same thing for the M3i and other flashcarts.

10. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    DS virus, Fake DQ IX, the language fix on the wrong numbered cart.

11. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    if you have mulitple acekard 2i, use the DSL version. Hope for a safe and successful update. it'll take 30 seconds. this is not a chickHEN exploit. The chickHEN exploit will make your PSP to go off at anytime.

This update will be flawless if you have a fully charged or has enough battery for 30 seconds. Just make sure your DS lite has a green light. my theory is that this update requires a lot of battery power so if you are in the red zone, plug it in.

You can recover from being bricked as long as you have a spare acekard 2i to power up the update though im not sure how this method works on a single bricked acekard 2i. this is just my theory as my acekard 2i is a success

12. clay008

Newcomer clay008 Member

United States
    My luck is just terrible... Less than 24 hrs after I updated my AK2i and had everything running just fine on my FW1.4U DSI, my 5-yr old did something to it and now my 'Danny Phantom' is gone and I get the 'There is nothing inserted in the game card slot' error message!!! WTF!? My son went to dinner with his cousin (I used his FW1.2U DSI to update my AK2i) and somehing happened and my nephew claimed my son touched to ''DSI icon' and a bunch of words/numbers came up and then my kid paniced and pressed something and just like that, Danny Phantom was gone...

Did he brick the AK2i by interrupting update? Cus now the AK2i won't show up on the FW1.2 DSI either... and I did notice the Micro SD slot is very loose and the SD card is practically falling out by itself. What could my son have pressed to cause this? I spent hours trying to fix his AK2i just 2 days ago and now this!? Damn it. Please help, again...

13. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Clay, if the SD card is lose, it might be something with that too. I'd say get another Acekard.

14. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    DS Virus lol. I've only heard of 1 which can brick your DS, but you can fix it if you're flashed.

15. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    there were two (made by same guy)
    taihen.nds and r0mloader.nds
    the fake DQ IX rom was a rebadge of taihen i beleive (or maybe it was r0mloader)
    these only affect unflashed, earlier production DS Phats as the problem was fixed in later models

EDIT: here are the MD5 sums of the original 2 courtesy of soulanger

a959cfa514f4c7162a81421ee99d3356 Trojan.DSBrick.A
    8e7a3728759df265ca3a78553cf27bb8 Trojan.DSBrick.B