~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
im thinking of downgrading my pc (win7 atm) back to vista
because my pc is supposed to run in vista.
im gong to get my pc repaired (my dvd drive does't work and my speaker are broken)
and im running win7 with win7 extreme loader
if i give my pc just the way it is, who knows what will happen if they realise that im runniong a pirate copy
mellow.gif

oh and my manufacture doesn't have drivers for win7

so, what shpould i do?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
To know the exact answer to that question, read the t+c of your warranty. If you're sending it in to repairs outside of warranty, they'll likely not care.

When you say the speaker isn't working, do you mean an inbuilt one, an external one, or just the audio jack?

EDIT: All Vista drivers are Win7 compatible, I believe.

shamiko_

~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Originality said:
To know the exact answer to that question, read the t+c of your warranty. If you're sending it in to repairs outside of warranty, they'll likely not care. so i won't go to jail?
or get a fine?

When you say the speaker isn't working, do you mean an inbuilt one, an external one, or just the audio jack? inbuilt

EDIT: All Vista drivers are Win7 compatible, I believe.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most likely they will not mind what OS your computer is running, but if you're going to send it in anyways you may as well re-install the default, legal OS

shamiko_

~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
seahorsepip said:
And pirate copy is not an problem....There not even allowed to turn you pc on foor looking for illegal stuff....then you just sent a simple mail: you ruined my privacy! and they sent it even back fully polished XD

laugh.gif

ok so i'll stick with windows7 and get rid of the loader, install remove wat and im done'

biggrin.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
seahorsepip said:
And pirate copy is not an problem....There not even allowed to turn you pc on foor looking for illegal stuff....then you just sent a simple mail: you ruined my privacy! and they sent it even back fully polished XD
If he is sending it for repairs under some kind of warranty scheme, then having a pirated OS may render the warranty void (since piracy can be perceived as "harmful", making it your fault that it doesn't work). If there's no warranty, you're just paying for it to be fixed so they won't care either way.

But the rest of the advise stands: if you are worried, back up your data and take the safer option of reinstalling Win7 (no need to return to Vista). When you get it back, you can use whatever means you wish to bypass activation. Personally I recommend just getting the licence, but I won't judge you either way.

Another option is to remove the HDD. They don't need it to fix the problems you've been having.

DVD drive problems are the easiest to fix - a replacement costs just over £10, and you usually get a better one than before (since the market cycles through models every 6 months or so). Integrated speakers are more difficult, since it could caused by anything from a broken magnetic coil, to a torn fabric, to a simple connection falling out (usually the latter). Before sticking it in, you can try opening it up and seeing if you can find the speaker connections. If not (or you're just not experienced enough) you can go ahead and stick it in.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
seahorsepip said:
And never use an loader to bypass the activation!
Remove WAT instead
wink.gif

That`s virtually true.

WAT in XP indeed remove every activation/validation program, and leave windows clean.

Windows 7`s authenticate key system`s completely different from before, so even if you remove WAT, you won`t see anymore the dialog "There`s X days until Windows dies", but it will still be there. The only way to prevent that IS by uninstalling mayor windows updates until FEB, DISABLING WINDOWS UPDATE, and installing a loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1