Should I buy an Acekart 2i for a future DSi now?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by adrian2040, Feb 22, 2009.

Feb 22, 2009
  1. adrian2040
    OP

Member adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Peru
    The question on the topic title expresses my doubt. Also, what exactly does the AKAIO firmware do that the official DSi firmware doesn't? Also, does it have a better battery life than a CycloDS with the battery saver? (If compared to a DS Lite since CycloDS Evo is still not DSi compatible) I'm asking since I have a Cyclo for my DS Lite and I'm worried as the DSi has a worse battery life than the lite.

Also, please answer my question in the topic title. I'm buying the DSi once it is released in the US. Thanks in advance.

2. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    Wait to see if there's an iCyclo or something.

3. CoconutCake

Member CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wouldn't buy anything now for DSi. By the time it's released the firmware could lock out all the existing flash cards. Smiths AK2i review explains this possibility well.

Also, the DSi is well known to have a terrible battery life compared to the Lite. So I wouldn't ever expect much battery time from it using any flash card - they just use more power than most games, there's no way around that.

4. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Wait until the DSi is released in USA/AU/EU.

5. Uruha

Member Uruha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    why WHY did they have to kill the battery life :'( thats the only thing holding me back from buying the DSi, im sure they can somehow make custom firmwares like the PSP or maybe the DSi updates only blocks out the firmware of the flashcart and u can get around it with an update.