DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have the money, then buy it. I would suggest gamefly if you want to flash it, so that you can rip the games you rent. If you don't flash it, gamefly is still good lol. Sorry, does this count as advertising, becuase I'm jusr reccomending something.

darkdenizen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend the PS3. As stated before it has Blu-Ray, basically identical graphics as the 360, free online and a LOT more exclusives. Not to mention if you want motion control on a HD scale, check the move out. Its priced like a wiimote and does the same thing "better" (I'm not a believer of the actual difference, seems like same $hit different games to me). The lost is you won't get your Gears or Halo fix but its not like you can't find any other 3rd person/1st person shooters on the PS3 anyway and you won't have the flashing option. Considering the value per PS3 game I think its still the better buy vs the "free library" not to mention as an added bonus you'll be contributing to developers hard work! I own a PS3 and Wii and all my friends have 360's. I wanted one but if you have a gaming PC then you really aren't losing anything from the 360 library. But yeah...you're choice.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh if you have a nice chunk of cash, just get a good gaming PC and a xbox360 controller for windows. I've got an xbox360, PS3, and a somewhat average PC, and most the games I've played on the consoles tend be be so much better when I try out the PC version later. The only console I really recommend having is a Wii (just so different from anything else) and a DS for handheld stuff.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
bwillb said:
meh if you have a nice chunk of cash, just get a good gaming PC and a xbox360 controller for windows. I've got an xbox360, PS3, and a somewhat average PC, and most the games I've played on the consoles tend be be so much better when I try out the PC version later. The only console I really recommend having is a Wii (just so different from anything else) and a DS for handheld stuff.
Agreed there though but really... PSP>DS for now until 3DS. Playstation 1 games+all those remake games from ps2 and original titles! GBA emulator. N64 Emulator.. It has everything really...

D

Deleted User

A few of my friends have been playing flashed Xbox's online for months. If you don't want DLC, then an HDD isn't really necessary (I think 512MB is enough to hold a lot of save files).

I'm sure there are plenty of guides for burning and testing the game discs; it is a very vital part.

As for the wifi adapter, I think the first party one is the only choice. Personally, I use a long ethernet cable (75ft for $14). They are pretty cheap and result in a more stable connection.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
bwillb said:
Agreed there though but really... PSP>DS for now until 3DS. Playstation 1 games+all those remake games from ps2 and original titles! GBA emulator. N64 Emulator.. It has everything really...
eh I have one of the original PSPs and never got into it too much, big, heavy, drains battery too quickly, and those UMD things... played loco roco on it but thats about it. may try the new portable one though, the one without a UMD drive... is it hackable?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkStriker said:
bwillb said:
I would have to say I disagree with you there are I believe a console has to stand up on its own merits without hacking being taken into account before comparisons can be made. Based solely upon its stock standard features, it still loses to the DS in terms of quality software which is the defining point of a console.

taktularCBo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DunkrWunkah said:
If you have the money, then buy it. I would suggest gamefly if you want to flash it, so that you can rip the games you rent. If you don't flash it, gamefly is still good lol. Sorry, does this count as advertising, becuase I'm jusr reccomending something.
Im living in Germany, but thanks. Im getting this one:
http://shop.gametop.de/lshop,showdetail,79...60.xbox360,.htm

QUOTE said:
I would recommend the PS3. As stated before it has Blu-Ray, basically identical graphics as the 360, free online and a LOT more exclusives
nah, I want to play the xbox exclusive Alan wake and as I said before, its not possible to play backups...sure I would have the money to buy games, just...well...I like to backup my originals
wink.gif

meh if you have a nice chunk of cash, just get a good gaming PC and a xbox360 controller for windows
meh...gaming and PC is for me not a choice, I don't know...I like Console games more
wink.gif

@all: Thanks for all your Tips

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Thanks for taking your time to post those but umm...
QUOTE said:
You will NEVER see those level of graphics on the Xbox, or Wii, and your average PC
PC is always upgradable and will always be better then both consoles graphics. Yeah, PC is my favorite gaming system but that's not a bias fact, I'm sure we all know that, that's why you said "average PC". To bad I don't like any of them PS3 games you linked either, I do love that one alien PS3 exclusive though. One more thing is when you look at comparison shots of two games, one for PS3 and the other for 360 they look identical except slight lighting differences.
I wonder why I said "average"?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
taktularCBo said:
5. Can i play, with an flashed (ixtreme) Xbox, all Games and go online?
6. Is the new Xbox Slim flashable? If not, is it worth to wait, any news from ixtreme Team?
7. I would need WiFi, any chance for a third-party Adaptor, or do I need to buy the 50€ M$ Original?
8. Which Racing, RPGs and Platformers can you recommend?

Thanks in advance

5: from what i read yes you can go online but it is not worth it, if your console is banned you have a lot to loose, i was surprised myself what microsoft can do to your console, it's a breech of your personal rights, you did pay for the console after all.

if you console is banned you cannot:

go online (obviously)
achievements will no longer unlock
ALL game saves will corrupt
cannot install games to hard drive, not sure what the other stuff was but it's is ridiculous and it's not worth the risk for online, it's no loss because you have to pay to go online anyway so you won't be loosing anything.

6: from what i have seen yes it is, the website i wanted to buy from had a flashed xbox 360 slim but it's sold out so it is possible.

7: if you don't have a slim then yes if you want to go online wirelessly you need the wifi adaptor, i think some places online sell 3rd party but why take the risk if it will be a cheap knockoff...

8: personally i was highly interested in test drive unlimited, i enjoyed playing it on a demo xbox 360 machine and can't wait for the sequel to hit the ps3 this year, ridge racer 6 is a good arcade racer if you are into that kind of thing., good rpgs? fallout 3 GOTY Oblivion goty final fantasy 13, fable 2 and 3 (when it comes out) not sure what other rpgs are on the 360.

BE WARNED of the RROD the reason i backed out of buying a flashed xbox 360 is the RROD, it's not worth spending £300 on a console only for it to break down in 3 months time, if you do decide to risk buying a premod get extended warranty!

D

Deleted-247497

older games are so cheap to buy...just dont flash it? i mean i litterally just bought forza 2 for $2.50, and then if you dont flash it u get to play online
biggrin.gif
(without getting banned, because you eventually will)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
snico1995 said:
older games are so cheap to buy...just dont flash it? i mean i litterally just bought forza 2 for $2.50, and then if you dont flash it u get to play online
biggrin.gif

regardless if you buy the game or not, you would be taking a risk going online with a flashed console let alone a copied game.

D

Deleted-247497

jalaneme said:
snico1995 said:
biggrin.gif

regardless if you buy the game or not, you would be taking a risk going online with a flashed console let alone a copied game.
right, i was saying he shouldn't flash it at all, just buy the games.. its not like the wii where theres tons of homebrew and usb loading and stuff

taktularCBo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
jalaneme said:
taktularCBo said:
5. Can i play, with an flashed (ixtreme) Xbox, all Games and go online?
6. Is the new Xbox Slim flashable? If not, is it worth to wait, any news from ixtreme Team?
7. I would need WiFi, any chance for a third-party Adaptor, or do I need to buy the 50€ M$ Original?
8. Which Racing, RPGs and Platformers can you recommend?

Thanks in advance

5: from what i read yes you can go online but it is not worth it, if your console is banned you have a lot to loose, i was surprised myself what microsoft can do to your console, it's a breech of your personal rights, you did pay for the console after all.

if you console is banned you cannot:

go online (obviously)
achievements will no longer unlock
ALL game saves will corrupt
cannot install games to hard drive, not sure what the other stuff was but it's is ridiculous and it's not worth the risk for online, it's no loss because you have to pay to go online anyway so you won't be loosing anything.

6: from what i have seen yes it is, the website i wanted to buy from had a flashed xbox 360 slim but it's sold out so it is possible.

7: if you don't have a slim then yes if you want to go online wirelessly you need the wifi adaptor, i think some places online sell 3rd party but why take the risk if it will be a cheap knockoff...

8: personally i was highly interested in test drive unlimited, i enjoyed playing it on a demo xbox 360 machine and can't wait for the sequel to hit the ps3 this year, ridge racer 6 is a good arcade racer if you are into that kind of thing., good rpgs? fallout 3 GOTY Oblivion goty final fantasy 13, fable 2 and 3 (when it comes out) not sure what other rpgs are on the 360.

BE WARNED of the RROD the reason i backed out of buying a flashed xbox 360 is the RROD, it's not worth spending £300 on a console only for it to break down in 3 months time, if you do decide to risk buying a premod get extended warranty!

5. I read a lot in Xbox Mod forums lately and the new Firmware seems to be not detectable at least for now, I think I will play with this risk.
6. In all Xbox Forums they say it isn't...would you mind to send me a link to this shop?
7. Because 50-60€ is a lot for a USB WiFi adaptor?
8. RROD...well I think since the Jasper Board and the new Slim it isn't such a wide spread problem anymore.

older games are so cheap to buy...just dont flash it? i mean i litterally just bought forza 2 for $2.50, and then if you dont flash it u get to play online (without getting banned, because you eventually will)

If I would think like this, I would buy a PS3, the xbox360 is attractive for me, cause its flashable
smile.gif

Edgedancer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just beware of the dreaded Pirates Syndrome. If you dont purchase games, they will hold no value to you and potentially, nothing more than a passing sense of satisfaction that soon fades. It happened to me with the Wii and DS and thats the reason i refuse to hack my 360.

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
Just beware of the dreaded Pirates Syndrome. If you dont purchase games, they will hold no value to you and potentially, nothing more than a passing sense of satisfaction that soon fades. It happened to me with the Wii and DS and thats the reason i refuse to hack my 360.

Yup, and that's exactly why I love my PS3. Even if it could be modded there's not a chance in hell that I would do it.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
taktularCBo said:
5. I read a lot in Xbox Mod forums lately and the new Firmware seems to be not detectable at least for now, I think I will play with this risk.
6. In all Xbox Forums they say it isn't...would you mind to send me a link to this shop?
7. Because 50-60€ is a lot for a USB WiFi adaptor?
8. RROD...well I think since the Jasper Board and the new Slim it isn't such a wide spread problem anymore.

5. if that is the risk you want to take then go ahead, i gave you the warnings so meh.
6. http://www.gameworlddirect.co.uk/pre-mod-c...-12-months.html
7. yeah i would have thought that would be a lot for a wifi adaptor, the xbox slim has it built in, so does the ps3, it would just cost extra if you buy other models i would have thorght.
8. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...r+rrod&aq=f yeah, sure they are reliable....

taktularCBo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Edgedancer said:

I will always buy good games after trying them out, this year (till now) Shattered memories, no more Heros 2 and Galaxy 2. Just 3 Games, but the rest was IMO crap or not interesting for me and I'm happy that I tried it before buying.

Edgedancer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
taktularCBo said:
Edgedancer said:

I will always buy good games after trying them out, this year (till now) Shattered memories, no more Heros 2 and Galaxy 2. Just 3 Games, but the rest was IMO crap or not interesting for me and I'm happy that I tried it before buying.
You are not the target I was aiming at. If you buy some games, you will value those that you buy but someone who pirates all of his titles will find they do little to hold interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes