Hardware Should I buy a Used or New 3DS?

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently debating whether to buy a used 3DS or a new one.
One of the reasons I want a used one is because, since I am going to get the Nyko Power Grip (the 3DS's battery life is 4 hrs WTF!), I would be able to get the used 3DS, the Power Grip, and some screen protectors all at once.
However, I would most likely not get the AR Cards or the Manuals/dock.
What I have my eyes on for used 3DS's is a used 3DS on Amazon for 148.95 with manuals and everything.
Also, a used 3DS from Devin for 90.

One of the reasons I want a NEW 3DS is because I will get everything with no scratches.
However, it will probably run me out of all my money and I will have to wait to get the screen protectors and the Power Grip.

Please post whether you think I should go with either of the three options above and why.

Thanks! :yay:

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to say you should wait for Black Friday but the 3DS aren't to great. You can get one used complete on Ebay for 110ish. Honestly if you are going to run out of money buying the system new with a power grip and screen protectors why would you buy it. You can't afford games if you run out of money and even then if you go used you'll only be able to get so many games. A good deal may appear. Kmart was selling them for 154.99 with $30 gift card last week for example so wait.

Reactions: Rasas

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it's in good shape, I don't see why "Used" would be any worse than "New", you just need to find a seller who took good care of theirs. You can save a lot of cash and spend it on games instead, and at the end of the day. That, and perhaps you could snatch an Ambassador 3DS while you're at it, gaining some extra games from the start.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do scratches actually matter? If you want to 'display' your 3DS (as a Showcase :P) then you should buy one first-hand (brand new). If you just want one that is cheap, buy the used one from Devin. I myself only have 5 games, because they are so expensive, but if I could have bought my 3DS at even the price drop, I would have. Also, you might find that the used system is an Ambassador. Although the program is just over a year old, you should still be able to redeem 20 free digital games (10 NES Games and 10 GBA Games). Any more questions? Ask ME.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I am not really that hungry for games as I usually only get like 3-5 new/used games every year. Sorry, I'm not a greedy person and since I still live under my parents roof, they don't buy my games. I buy them myself with MY money. If I do get Devin's 3DS I could get everything I want and maybe a used copy of one game.

If you want you can post what game I could get!

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have to say to get a new one on black friday. I got mine after Christmas last year. but you will get a better deal if you wait til black friday
Unless Newegg, PC Richard & Son, Frys or maybe a local store of his has better black friday deals he might be better off waiting.
Black Friday deals
$134.99 Flame Red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land @ Fred Meyer
$149.99 Flame Red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land @ Bestbuy
$149.99 Flame Red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land @ Target
$169.99 Flame Red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land + 3DS Nintendodogs/cats game @ Gamestop
$169.99 Flame Red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land + $20 in points for card holders @ Sears
$169.99 Flame Red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land + $30 coupon @ Meijer
$169.99 Flame Red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land + $20 Gift Card @ Gohastings or Hastings
$169.99 Flame Red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land + Headset @ Toys R Us

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See, I am not really that hungry for games as I usually only get like 3-5 new/used games every year. Sorry, I'm not a greedy person and since I still live under my parents roof, they don't buy my games. I buy them myself with MY money. If I do get Devin's 3DS I could get everything I want and maybe a used copy of one game.

If you want you can post what game I could get!
The 5 games that I have are:
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition ($39.99)
+ Good Gameplay and Multiplayer
+
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D ($39.99)
DON'T GET IF YOU'VE PLAYED ORIGINAL OR OTHER PORTS
Cave Story 3D ($39.99)
+ Good soundtrack
+ Good graphics
+ Some glitches are helpful...
-...Others are not
-A bit steep of a price, unless you get it used. You could get the original version as freeware for PC
Resident Evil: Revelations ($39.99)
+ Great page-turning story
+ AMAZING GRAPHICS
+ Great multiplayer
+ Plays like a console Resident Evil game
+ Easily worth the $39.99 (I didn't know if I would like it, but I found it made me feel excited)
Nano Assault ($15.00)
+ Good 'mini-levels'
- Difficulty
- Limited lives
- Graphics are so smooth that they look cartoonish.

Other games that I plan to purchase include:
Epic Mickey: The Power of Two
Mario Kart 7 (I have played on a friend's 3DS, it is very fun, especially when your friend sucks as shit XD)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

There are also a variety of digital games, that you can purchase via the included Nintendo eShop. Though as a warning: If you would like to use the eShop and play on a flashcart, make sure that your flashcart is updated to work on the current firmware. I hope that I have resolved your issues.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the games I had in mine were:
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Pokemon Rumble Blast 3D
Resident Evil: Revelations
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Asphalt 3D
Mario Tennis

Lol, lots of Mario in there though I like Luigi over Mario.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if after Black Friday, these deals stay?
Since I'm gonna buy it for Christmas.
There will be even better deals later. Target had a 3DS for cheap a while back. Just check Cag or my thread occasionally. It is sticked. Most retailers update their ads Sunday or Thursday.
Some of the games I had in mine were:
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Pokemon Rumble Blast 3D
Resident Evil: Revelations
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Asphalt 3D
Mario Tennis

Lol, lots of Mario in there though I like Luigi over Mario.
Was your 3DS stolen?

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops I bet you thought I owned all of these!
Those were the games I want lol.
Mine should be Mind.
No, I have not owned a 3DS otherwise I would be playing White 2 on it right now.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think I should get the following Items?

The First list of items:
Devin's 3DS
POWER A PowerCase
HORI Filter Screen Protectors
PUMA SackPack to store all items for travel
R4i Gold 3DS
Used/New 3DS Game

Second list:
New 3DS
HORI Filter Screen Protectors

Which one do you think is better?
Keep in mind that a used 3DS might not come with manuals though. Do you think I would need them especially for a Non 3DS owner?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1