Gaming Should I buy a PSP?

Didu50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been considering buying a PSP for a while, but I would like to know If you can Emulate games on it (PSP games, SNES,GBA,NES) and how much it would cost if you have to buy extra materials ( like a Acekard for the DS)

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It can emulate everything but DS, last-gen and current-gen consoles. It's pretty good, and besides having it CFW'd all you need is a memory stick.

Didu50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. That actually sounds really good. I'm probalbly gonna wait for a while then get a psp3000. The DS lite can be picked up used at gamestop for like 50 bucks now.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you can get it a reasonable price (don't buy it new, there are so many great buys out there now) and crack it, definitely do it.
It has a lot of fantastic games and the homebrew scene is very well developed by now.

yaypsp.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
It can emulate everything but DS, last-gen and current-gen consoles. It's pretty good, and besides having it CFW'd all you need is a memory stick.

Well it has a DS emulator. It's pretty much completely worthless but there is one
smile.gif

I'd say it's a worthwhile buy. I got a used 1000 model for about $130 + memory stick + power cable + S&H. If you're lucky and find one with a busted UMD drive you can get it for half that and just pirate all the games. It has a decent enough library of games and after you're done with all them it has fantastic emulation.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
DarkShadow96 said:
1000 = Fat

2000 = Slim

3000 = Newer Slim
They call the 3000 the psp bright too right?

1000 easiest to hack or 2000

Probably they do, but I'm not so sure. I just call it the Newer Slim because it looks exactly like the 2000 model but just more bright and more protection towards CFW.

Didu50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1000 Sounds nice. It's Indestructable and from these comments its supposed to be easiest to hack. Besides Ebay, Any good places to find a cheap used one?

D

Deleted User

I wouldn't skimp on price, but from gamestop the psp is $89.99 / 99.99, which compared to the original price really isn't bad. There's also a program called PSP-Ident that shows you the motherboard variations on the various PSP's. The different motherboards are the key to telling whether a PSP is hackable or not.

If you're going to use the PSP for emulation you really shouldn't need a PSP bigger than maybe 4GB at the most, if you want PSP games or PSX games then you really should go with 8GB or 16GB. Seriously, do not buy memory off ebay, it's 99% a scam, it's better to buy from reliable places like amazon or newegg.

Should you get a PSP if you're interested in emulation? Absofreakinglutely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.