How to mod the PSP 3001?

HopelessMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to mod a psp 3001 but don't know a thing about doing it nor can I find any new videos on modding a psp 3001. I would like emulate a bunch of games on it and preferably upgrade the battery and replace the case.

Reactions: AncientBoi

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
The last digit on the model number stands for the region of the console, (0 = Japan, 1 = North America, 2 = Australlia/New Zealand 3 = UK, 4 = Europe, 5 = Korea, 6 = Singapore/Hong Kong, 7 = Taiwan, 8 = Russia, 9 = China and 10 = Mexico) so basically there's no difference between 3001 and any other 300X model except the country/region the device was sold in.

For the modding part, you can use any Infinity 2.0 guide on YouTube. I recommend you to follow MrMario2011's PSP Modding Tutorial since his tutorial is pretty clear and straightforward. He shows where to put your backup games & homebrews (emulators are homebrews too) aswell.

You can find batteries and shells (casings) from online shopping websites like eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress etc. If you want to replace both you should buy a slim battery (2000 and 3000 models share the same battery) and a shell specifically for the 3000 model.

Reactions: AncientBoi

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
My 3001 is a Non Regional Specific. Guess I got lucky when buying it on Ebay.
Don't get me wrong, every PSP is non-region locked. You can play any game from any region on any PSP. Only UMD Movies and region specific apps (Digital Comics, Comic Reader, T-DMB, X-Radar Portable) are region-locked. As I said on my previous post, the last digit of the model just stands for the country/region the PSP was sold in. In your case your PSP was sold in North America but is not region-locked.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong, every PSP is non-region locked. You can play any game from any region on any PSP. Only UMD Movies and region specific apps (Digital Comics, Comic Reader, T-DMB, X-Radar Portable) are region-locked. As I said on my previous post, the last digit of the model just stands for the country/region the PSP was sold in. In your case your PSP was sold in North America but is not region-locked.

Glad you mentioned UMD. I don't plan on buying any, as I got my fill of games downloaded from the internet. Aaaaaaarh Matey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch