Misc should be a wired connection ALWAYS the better choice?

myuuji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey,
my nintendo wii stays right beside my wireless router so i don't see a reason to buy a lan adapter anyway.
nevertheless i'm thinking about buying this adapter if the connection speed and stability really would improve in my case.
do you know whether it is worth or not?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's not worth it if you use your wireless router for other things. The speed should be fine using the Wii wirelessly.

If you're having stability problems you should try changing the wireless channel on your router. Also having any device connecting wirelessly to the router right next to it is a bad idea and can cause connection issues. Put a small bit of distance between them.

myuuji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks for your reply. okay too bad...
so there's still no solution in my position to get smash bros online lagfree (there's a little lag.. I would say its a half second.. too much for brawling
frown.gif
). .. yeah the ports are free...
i think it's just my slow dsl connection. i hate living outside from the city =/

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a general rule, I always state that a wired connection is better than Wi-Fi... The exception being the Wii. The compatability isn't 100% for the Lan Adaptor, particularily with Homebrew Apps. Follow some of the suggestions above, you should not have any problems getting your wii online if indeed the router is right next to it.

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
too close range Wi-Fi may also give slight problems.

and don't forget each system (above 2) actively tuned in to the same networkname (SSID) halves the max speed

and packetloss caused by bad Wi-Fi connection,
by for example neighbours on the same channel doesn't help either

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy