Buying advice for 5- or 8-port switch

ntana1473

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a Netgear R7000 router on my home network. I am expanding this home network by adding an old Netgear N750 router via ethernet cable. I would like to connect my television, AVR, Xbox, and a PC that is located in a family room to the wired network. Hence, my question about a switch and what I should buy.
Initially I was focusing on 5-port switches so I could attach 4 devices, but leaves no room for expansion, so an 8-port switch came into view and, at least for other Netgear consumer-grade products, the price differences seems marginal.
Specifically, I have been looking at Netgear simply to keep the consistency in brand between the routers and a new switch. I don't think brand should matter (correct me if I am wrong, but these seem like plug and play devices), so I am open to d-link, tplink, etc. But, I am budget-oriented...I'd love to stay under $30, but am willing to go up if that buys me significantly improved reliability and a better warranty than say 2 years.
Appreciate any insight and suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch