Gaming Hardware Anybody else here have at least 8 Switches?

OLED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got four. Technically five, but I don't count the fifth one because it's listed on eBay and I'm prepared to drive it over to FedEx the second it sells.

1. Switch Lite
2. V1 Unpatched Switch #1
3. V1 Unpatched Switch #2
4. OLED Switch

The V1 Unpatched Switches are used for Atmosphere, albeit are dedicated to two different purposes therein (with the second one being used to also run the Android 10 based LineageOS). The OLED Switch is used to test things before using them on the V1 Unpatched Switches. And the Lite is 100% separate from everything else. Do I NEED that many? No. But it's a system and it works.

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've got 10 of them now. Would have had 13, but I gave three away to friends/family. Gonna budget for at least two more, so I can do 12-player Mario Kart over LAN.

View attachment 369547
Bro, you are just like me, you have them in cases. I used to have 8, now I have 6.

1- Mariko switch, the first one I bought brand new (give it to little cousin)
2-Mariko switch, the second I bought brand ne, i don't use it much
3-switch lite turquoise bought it for $100 at a pawn shop.(the switch that i use the most)
4-Switch lite black bought it at the flea market for $100 (i don't use it)
5-v1 switch unpatched bought from GameStop preowned ( use it to dump my games)
6-v1 unpatched bought from my cousin (don't use it)
7-v1 patched bought from pawn shop $150 came with smash bros (i let my second cousin play on it, i thought it was an unpatched switch big L)
8-v1 unpatched bought for $150 at a pawn shop( gave away to second cousin)

Reactions: Disco Inferno

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I only got 3 unpatched Switches. But man, I wouldn't lie if I didn't want to get the OLED Zelda. But I honestly don't need it.

Reactions: godreborn

Disco Inferno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro, you are just like me, you have them in cases.
I've since put most of my Switch Lites in protective armor just in case the 1st graders I work with get too rough with them.

20230513_083341.jpg

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to collect Trinket M0 Switches, I did end up with four modded with Trinket M0 and a regular unpatched, now I have one OLED Modded, One V1 Unpatched with Trinket M0 and a regular OLED.

Disco Inferno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had four at one time, but you can only have 3 linked to the same account from I remember. That's officially.
The limit of three Switches per account is for parental controls, and there's nothing preventing you from having multiple Nintendo accounts. Each of my Switches has its own account, and with the exception of my dedicated hacked Switch that never goes online, I'm logged in to my main account on all of my non-work Switches, which right now makes four.

Disco Inferno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another step closer to my goals. I now have maximum Splatoon and one copy of Mario Kart for each of my non-hacked Switches. Next steps, three more Switches and three more copies of Mario Kart for max players.

346044558_266438539104486_8287688707890261923_n.jpg

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got like 25 switches...

One on my room (two actually because its a ladder system), two on the stairs (ladder system again)... you get the point... :rofl:

No, out of joke, I do have a Switch Lite and I'm considering getting an Oled (hope I can get a ToTK special edition).

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got like 25 switches...

One on my room (two actually because its a ladder system), two on the stairs (ladder system again)... you get the point... :rofl:

No, out of joke, I do have a Switch Lite and I'm considering getting an Oled (hope I can get a ToTK special edition).
one thing positive I'll say about Nintendo is most things are actually meeting demand. I got the totk switch like two weeks after launch from Target. I didn't even have to try with the amiibo, but the controller kinda sold out quick. I did buy the pouch as well, which is also easy to get. I downloaded all 218 of my digital games across two micro-sd cards. I alphabetized everything with one card being 1-R and the other being S-Z. I don't know how, but I got unlimited internet for free somehow this month, so I took advantage of it. it would've taken about three or four months to redownload all of that with a data cap, psn+, and gold games as well.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switches:
  1. OLED - bought it for work
  2. Switch Lite (Turquoise) - bought it for work
  3. Switch Lite (Yellow) - bought it for work
  4. Switch Lite (Coral) - bought it for work
Update (5/7/2023): Got two more
  • Switch Lite (Blue) - bought it for work
What the hell do you do for work that you need five switches?? The battery life of a switch is something like 4 hours right? So even if all of the five switches that you bought for work were fully charged, that gives you 20 hours of gameplay. How long are your work days?? Or maybe it's a "cool-guy" thing, where you bring a different colored switch in every day to work. You're the cool-guy at your job aren't you? B-)B-)

Last edited by MSearles,

Disco Inferno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell do you do for work that you need five switches?? The battery life of a switch is something like 4 hours right? So even if all of the five switches that you bought for work were fully charged, that gives you 20 hours of gameplay. How long are your work days?? Or maybe it's a "cool-guy" thing, where you bring a different colored switch in every day to work. You're the cool-guy at your job aren't you? B-)B-)
I'm a classroom assistant at an elementary/middle school. The school district is trying to convince me to become a teacher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online over nps is the only reason you'd want wifi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?