Gaming Shoudn't my PC be able to run Crysis?

thilixD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently reformed my pc, it now have a Atlhon II x4 640 processor, Radeon HD 6870 video card, 4 gb of ram ddr3.

i installed crysis but the game just dont run well, the fps is pretty low with high and medium textures without antilising

Isn't my pc suposed to run it very well even with high detailed textures?

D

Deleted User

Splych said:
that CPU + GPU combo seems like a bottle capped setup for some reason .
a mid/high end GPU + a low end CPU . . . ?

Edit: Yeah, thinking back that makes sense since my 460M (i7-720QM) combo would be an even more terrible bottle-neck
The resolution should come into play somewhat, especially if you crank up the details.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
And that's the reason I haven't said anything yet. Crysis is mostly a graphically intensive game, and most of the work is done by the graphics card. The HD6870 (which is mid-ranged) should be more powerful than my HD4870 (which was high-end at the time), so it shouldn't have a problem playing it at decent speeds.

Try tweaking the settings to get better performance out of it, and also check for any background applications that might slow things down (e.g. virus scans or Catalyst special effects).

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So what are your FPS's? Have you verified that the computer's parts are running as expected with something like sisoft sandra?

I ask because I found out thanks to Crysis that my motherboard was shot when I was blaming the vid card. Fps were 10-30 with average of about 16 @ 1920x1080 low settings with a phenom II x4 2.80GHz, Radeon 4870x2. With Sandra, I saw my processor and memory were running about 30% below spec. After a MB replacement, things were back to expected values and fps went up to 36-40 on high settings.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:/ I get 20FPS on medium-high settings on my PC (1440x900, but resolution doesn't change FPS for me). And mine is hella old and heavily bottlenecked.
Athlon 64 3200+ 2.2GHz overclocked to 2.4GHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 AGP, 2GB of DDR333 single-channel RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk