who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
A friend of me asked me to help him hacking his Wii.

So I thought better ask and then do it.

4.1E, HBC and Backup Launcher are installed.

I want to install the following:

cIOS38 Rev14
IOS60 patched
BootMii v3
Preloader v0.29
cIOSCORP v3.1
Hermes 222, 223 37/36

would this be the right order to install or am I mixing something up?

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
install the new BootMii first, dont install cioscorp because its a heap of shit, just install cIOS249 and 222/223 and then install preloader, then patched IOS60, this will break wii for a moment, use Preloader to load HBC, then reinstall preloader and problem solved.

you have no reason to install cIOScorp, just use a USBLoader or NeoGammA.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
or just select ios 249 in preloader options. It will do the same but you can restore it aany moment.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still, people are bashing cIOSCORP. Maybe it's overkill, but why call it a heap of shi*? There's nothing wrong with it.

But there IS something wrong with Bootmii v3. It can't restore its own NAND dumps! Not without modifying it first anyway... much too much trouble for someone who is asking how to mod a wii with all the guides and answers to that very question everywhere on this site.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
cIOScorp these days is a pile of wank, calling it a heap of shit is actually a insult to shit and it shouldnt even be called cIOScorp because they have no right to use that name.

its just totally not needed, yer u can change your SysMenu IOS to 249 but that usually makes ur wii crash when you try to enter settings. why go though all that shit just to see a game banner?? are you that vain??

take into account most of you yanks have crappy TV's that cant output PAL and other issues and you start to hit even more problems with booting from the disc channel, and you'll end up using a loader to force NTSC anyway lol whats the point.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Why the hell would I want my tv to output PAL? (Then again I do have a DVD player that will play PAL DVDs on an NTSC tv)

2)Nope, sorry. I have no need to force NTSC. I have 4.1u and only run NTSC-U or NTSC-J games. They play from the disc channel just fine.

Only time I've ever had to use a loader, with or without cIOSCORP is with Ghostbusters.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
urherenow said:
1) Why the hell would I want my tv to output PAL? (Then again I do have a DVD player that will play PAL DVDs on an NTSC tv)

2)Nope, sorry. I have no need to force NTSC. I have 4.1u and only run NTSC-U or NTSC-J games. They play from the disc channel just fine.

Only time I've ever had to use a loader, with or without cIOSCORP is with Ghostbusters.

was i specifically meaning u? negative.

take a look around the forum, alot of NTSC users have issues playing PAL games, and alot of NTSC gamers play PAL games.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your input guys,

I have installed cIOSCORP and am experiencing no problems at all. All games are playable through disc channel PAL NTSC JPN and NTSC US, though I am using USB Loader CFG beeing a lazy person.

When I get Klinikal right, I do install:

BootMii v 2 first
cIOS249 and 222/223
preloader
IOS60patched
Preloader to access HBC
reinstall preloader

Asking if its possible could I then afterwards install cIOSCORP anyways? The point is, my friend has two boys and playing games through disc channel would be way easier for them, 4 yrs and 3,5 yrs. old kids, if you know what I mean and thusfor I like to make a Nand backup incase they break something...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel