ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]

Well, I placed an order before they announced this, and on their site before the notice was up, and this was the order number:

[/quote]

I placed my order on the 6th Dec. My order number is: 23144. I selected "Express shipping" as I need to receive the goods ASAP. Ive been in constant contact with Shoptemp, they've told me they've shipped my order by DHL 8th (yesterday) But when I enter the tracking number the issued me, I get the following error : "No result found for your DHL query. Please try again."
Surly if DHL have my package, it would be on there system by now??? What do you guys think???

I sincerely hope everyone that placed an order with shoptemp, will receive there order!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hankarlo said:
I placed my order on the 6th Dec. My order number is: 23144. I selected "Express shipping" as I need to receive the goods ASAP. Ive been in constant contact with Shoptemp, they've told me they've shipped my order by DHL 8th (yesterday) But when I enter the tracking number the issued me, I get the following error : "No result found for your DHL query. Please try again."
Surly if DHL have my package, it would be on there system by now??? What do you guys think???

I sincerely hope everyone that placed an order with shoptemp, will receive there order!
Nothing to worry about, I've heard in the past that sometimes DHL and those other companies can take two or three days to turn tracking on. I don't know what keeps them, but that seems to be the case a lot. If they said its shipped there is no reason to think it wasn't.
smile.gif

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
hankarlo said:

Nothing to worry about, I've heard in the past that sometimes DHL and those other companies can take two or three days to turn tracking on. I don't know what keeps them, but that seems to be the case a lot. If they said its shipped there is no reason to think it wasn't.
smile.gif

Cheers mate, thanx for the re-assurance. I just thought it was strange that the tracking number wasn't working, coz usually when the courior (DHL,UPS etc) picks up its collections, they scan the package into there system & its almost instantaneously updated to there website/system etc. Maybe its just a regional thing with DHL, coz I bought similar goods from China via UPS & no problems with tracking.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hankarlo said:
I placed my order on the 6th Dec....
I placed my order on the 5th xD (but it still says "Awaiting Shipment" on my shoptemp account
unsure.gif
). I chose express delivery as well (not that I had a choice...so I forked over $20 for that xD) so I'm just hoping that it's the chaos happening at shoptemp rather than my supposed current status that accounts for the "Awaiting Shipment".

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
hankarlo said:
I placed my order on the 6th Dec....
I placed my order on the 5th xD (but it still says "Awaiting Shipment" on my shoptemp account
unsure.gif
). I chose express delivery as well (not that I had a choice...so I forked over $20 for that xD) so I'm just hoping that it's the chaos happening at shoptemp rather than my supposed current status that accounts for the "Awaiting Shipment".
That's curious, I placed my order on Sunday night (the 5th), and it very quickly updated to awaiting shipment, and mere hours later, shipped, all in the span of 12 hours.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
So...Whats the best place to buy flashcards now that Shoptemp is dead?

RealHotStuff
shoptemp
Ndscardshop.co.uk
ishopvideogame
gamezway

the end is near for freedom for all the world.

be a rebel and buy one now if you haven't.

for soon...it will be a federal offense to even own one XD

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
stanleyopar2000 said:
ConJ said:

RealHotStuff
shoptemp
Ndscardshop.co.uk
ishopvideogame
gamezway

Can't really use shoptemp since its closing.
Also ishopvideogame is a shop that GBATemp disapproves

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, what do I do now about my coupon? I can't order because it still wants to charge me for shipping, and the AlertPay account is apparently shut down.

Guess that serves me right for not ordering something immediately after I got the coupon, huh?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
SargeSmash said:
Man, what do I do now about my coupon? I can't order because it still wants to charge me for shipping, and the AlertPay account is apparently shut down.

Guess that serves me right for not ordering something immediately after I got the coupon, huh?
I am hearing mixed things from whats left of the ShopTemp crew (which, as you can imagine is scrambling around) that store credit may still be accepted for those that have it already. I don't know this for a fact, I can't confirm it for sure, but there is no harm in trying if you have it.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilaznkilla said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
ConJ said:

RealHotStuff
shoptemp
Ndscardshop.co.uk
ishopvideogame
gamezway

Can't really use shoptemp since its closing.
Also ishopvideogame is a shop that GBATemp disapproves

So the other three that are listed are pretty much our best bet right?

Hopefully, there will be a way for ShopTemp to return some how.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
ConJ said:

RealHotStuff
shoptemp
Ndscardshop.co.uk
ishopvideogame
gamezway

RealHotStuff don't ship to anyone outside american anymore so you can tick that off the list.
shoptemp is no more so forget that
Ndscardshop.co.uk doesn't look trustworthy at all, no reviews no forums has mentioned anything good about them after doing a google search and they look similar to a uk website that ripped me off a few months back.
ishopvideogame
gamezway i have never even heard off so how can they be trusted? try finding a website that's more trustworthy than these.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
SargeSmash said:

I am hearing mixed things from whats left of the ShopTemp crew (which, as you can imagine is scrambling around) that store credit may still be accepted for those that have it already. I don't know this for a fact, I can't confirm it for sure, but there is no harm in trying if you have it.
Costello took care of it, he set me up with store credit instead. Thanks, Costello!

Here's hoping that ShopTemp is able to come back better than ever.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tj_cool said:
Tundra said:
The bigger thing I'm wondering is are we able to get ads back to pay for the site? ShopTemp was running the site before, and we dropped all our ads.
unsure.gif
Ads are already back.
Costello mentioned a few pages back that the AdSense ads have returned.

Skiller23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Costello said:
Customers who have store credit can spend it on ShopTemp before December 31st. Unfortunately the credit cannot be withdrawn as the PayPal accounts have been suspended and the cash frozen undefinitely.
i'm sad that shoptemp stop selling, but this remains a good news

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu