Hacking shop channel on 4.1u

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the shop channel wants me to update to use it. Should i? I have a wii softmodded via bannerbomb with hbc, bootmii as ios(cant do boot2), hermes and wankino's cios and some backup launchers. Will anything get deleted if i update? Do I have to uptate? How do I install wads and what is the use of decrypt in nusd?

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Never update through nintendo, you never know what'll happen. If you have preloader/priiloader go into system menu hacks and enable the 'block online updates', i think that fixes it. if it doesnt then u should install the latest version which is downloaded from NUSD i believe. (look on tjcools completesoftmod guide). to install wads you need one of the many wad installing applications (such as wad manager, wad manager mod, yet another wad manager mod) but if u don't no what youre doing its very dangerous, make sure u have priiloader installed and a NAND backup first.

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try to get priiloader. I have a nand backup but it seems useless because i have bootmii ios. Is there a tut for installing wads? my main reason for getting the shop channel is so I can get the web browser.can install it as a wad?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
elimist said:
I will try to get priiloader. I have a nand backup but it seems useless because i have bootmii ios. Is there a tut for installing wads? my main reason for getting the shop channel is so I can get the web browser.can install it as a wad?
Priiloader is a must if you can only install bootmii as ios, and a nand backup is critical, make one asap (just in case).

U can and should block online updates, but that's not your problem.

You should use nus auto downloader (or the original nusd) in combination with a wad manager to install the most recent version of IOS61 and the shopping channel. If you're wii has a wifi connection, u can use dop-mii to also do this.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just download dop-mii

http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/downloads/list

pick an IOS to use that is patched, common choices are 36,249,250 etc.

then just update the shopping channel, its REALLY easy, and dop-mii should know whether your IOS61 needs to be updated, so it will update both when u tell it to update the shopping channel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny