OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For anyone thinking about getting a Shock! replacement DS shell case, this is my review I wrote for realhotstuff.com:

I received my order really fast. However, the Shock! shell itself is not very good. It is poor quality plastic and it took forever to assemble. One reason is that the screw holes are not pre-cut and require a lot of strength to screw in the tiny screws. Also, each piece is not exactly to scale which makes it harder to put together. For example, the R button piece was not exact to scale so it wouldn't work when assembled. I had to add a little rubber piece in order for it to work. The stylus holder is not to scale either which makes the stylus loose and it falls out easier. The Slot 2 fake cartridge fits loosely as well and needs to be taped in order for it to stay in. The site had pretty good instructions with pictures, but left out details that I couldn't find in the Shock! forums because its down. Overall, I wouldn't have bought this case if I knew the quality would be poor and it would be a big hassle to put it together.

So I wouldn't recommend this shell, especially for $35.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for this. i was thinking of getting one of those(the clear one was preety cool). no im 50. does it actually all go together

brooks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
customer service has been a real pain for me. i've been waiting over a month for mine and they have been very unhelpful. i've heard (back when their forum still worked) that they crack easier than the original shells, but that could be fixed by not tightening those screws.

eseyo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To clarify, it all goes together, it's just a pain because you have to force the screws to tighten into the slots. This can be dangerous if you're not careful with the motherboard.

About "not tightening the screws": How can you put a case together without tightening the screws? You have to tighten them, otherwise it will be loose and can damage your motherboard or screens.

If you get it all together without and mishaps, then it's a fairly good case. It hasn't cracked on me yet and it's nice not to have to worry about fingerprints and such. I got the clear one and I like it because it's different. You have to be really careful though because the hardware is fragile. For example, for some reason, the top screen flatwire became loose to a point where I had to hold it down to get it to turn on. So I had to superglue it down to the motherboard. It works now, but now I can't disassemble it completely anymore since it's superglued down. Tearing it off wouldn't be a good thing.

Again, buy this shell if you want to take the risk of possibly damaging your DS and if you want a cheaper shell (It's substantially lighter and less durable).

I hope this helps.

eseyo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I almost forgot, Brooks, in the future, don't order directly from Shock! at nds-central.com. A really good site to go is www.realhotstuff.com. They have good customer service and ship out really fast. I've ordered from them 3 times already and each time it's only taken 2 days to get my orders. They have the Shock! shells in stock as well as the Tri-wing driver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1