Homebrew Shiny Lock USUM?

CrowGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching the internet for a guide on removing shiny locks for Ultra Sun/Moon and can't find anything. I've downloaded the no outlines patch so I have a bit of experience with the homebrew but not enough to do things myself :l

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just use the USUM NTR plugin, that's all there is to it. No need for modding anything. However, keep in mind that any shinies that are shiny locked can VERY easily get you banned, ESPECIALLY if you have the game registered on the PGL.

Reactions: AdenTheThird

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm already banned ):
Then don't worry about it and go ahead, use it:P

But if your 3DS itself is banned, then you most likely can unban it easily by switching to an unbanned public seed. If it's just the game, then nothing you can do.

Also, if you can't find a plugin that lets you disable the locks, you can just use Pk3DS instead for it, then apply the RomFS via LayeredFS as a patch.

Last edited by ThoD,
Reactions: AdenTheThird

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
When i started reading the thread, i thought of replying that Pokemon Servers are still actively Banning at least so be careful of touching game saves. They could detect modified Save Files Right away.

Then i figured out, im too late.

CrowGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want to do is have shiny tapus, cosmog line, and necrozma for my shiny livingdex (tough btw). Would I be able to transfer them to gen 8 via pokebank when the time comes or will they ban you on the spot?
I don't like the idea of hacking shinies so I'll use Pk3DS or whatever to simply remove the lock. But like I said, will I be banned on the spot for it?
Also is it bad I play with a cartridge? Cause I feel like my 3ds needs the game in the SD to hack it but Idk lol

Last edited by CrowGuy,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
All I want to do is have shiny tapus, cosmog line, and necrozma for my shiny livingdex (tough btw). Would I be able to transfer them to gen 8 via pokebank when the time comes or will they ban you on the spot?
I don't like the idea of hacking shinies so I'll use Pk3DS or whatever to simply remove the lock. But like I said, will I be banned on the spot for it?
Also is it bad I play with a cartridge? Cause I feel like my 3ds needs the game in the SD to hack it but Idk lol
Not on the spot, but if you move them to an unbaned game, you will get flagged instantly, which means whenever they do a banwave, you will be hit by an in-game ban. Those aren't based on the local friend code seed, so you can't really unban yourself after. Also, PokeBank has anti-piracy checks, so it won't ever let you deposit them on there. Finally, no, you can hack it just as simply if using a cartridge as it would be for digital. The edited files in Pk3DS are applyed via LayeredFS, so it doesn't matter.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You could just edit them in with PKHeX. You can even extract them from a Gen 7 save and import them into Gen 8 via PKHeX if you want. Or use NTR cheats to remove the shiny lock.
Also, you won't get banned just for having them in your game - you have to actually play online and, I believe, use Game Sync, for Nintendo to catch and ban you with illegitimate Pokemon.

unedit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use the USUM NTR plugin, that's all there is to it. No need for modding anything. However, keep in mind that any shinies that are shiny locked can VERY easily get you banned, ESPECIALLY if you have the game registered on the PGL.
dose just having them get you banned or using them online
Post automatically merged:

dose just having the shiny get you banned or dose using it

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dose just having them get you banned or using them online
Post automatically merged:

dose just having the shiny get you banned or dose using it

You won't even be able to go online with pokemon that is shiny locked, as for PGL, it is eol already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks