Gaming Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2, Release: Feb 28

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems like everyone is running on Desmume or has an updated firmware. Sucks to have a R4SDHC :(

this used to have the latest woodR4 ready to go (using a woodr4sdhc.nds file to launch the firmware upon the game) but it's only at 1.42... Seems the site is not updated anymore.

Gonna cross fingers and wait for Rudolph's patch or an hexadecimal value to change by hand (which I prefer)...

DigiTak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the first day, and so far I'm loving this game. Although you can tell that they have boosted the difficulty a bit so battles are a little harder, take more time, and demons are much smarter. You, also have to grind much more, which sucks, because there aren't a lot of different varieties of different free battles, so its always the same thing. Personally though I like this game, and its very fun. But another problem is the day's are to short! It only took me around an hour, or less to complete the first day. So I don't think there are as many events in a day as in devil survivor one. Either that, or I was just playing so non-stop that is only took me an hour or so? I don't know.

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So he is, how'd I miss that?

Beelzebub the giant fly thingy is also fusible? Gross.

Beelzebub is the Lord of the rings I mean the Lord of the Flies. As seen on the megaten/wikipedia entry and/or in the Manga of the same name.

And you have lots of powerful demons available in this game. I think there are near 280-300 demons .
Damn I found my old .ODS file (open office calc) so here you go, all demons, skills, passive, auto, youname-it !
This is what I did for my old Devil Survivor 2 jap game.
http://www.zshare.net/download/991685301ea8a3e1/

Tyrants:
LV 26 King Frost
LV 33 Moloch
LV 40 Balor
LV 47 Hecate
LV 54 Tzitzimitl
LV 61 Loki
LV 68 Mot
LV 75 Astaroth
LV 81 Nergal
LV 86 Belial
LV 91 Beelzebub
LV 99 Lucifer

EDIT:
BTW, thanks to DICASTIA, I was able to run the game past the final boss battle of first day :creep:

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But another problem is the day's are to short! It only took me around an hour, or less to complete the first day. So I don't think there are as many events in a day as in devil survivor one. Either that, or I was just playing so non-stop that is only took me an hour or so? I don't know.

I won't reply on the grinding rant as I love grinding when it's rewarding (getting more powerful new demons avaible etc ).

As for the "I beat first day in one hour wtf " part, if you take your time reading and grinding it should have taken a bit more IMO.
Anyway, I remember starting from day 4 or 5 that each day takes like 5 to 10 hour to beat somehow. I think I beat the whole game in maybe 40 hours first time (in jap, putting everything in my spreadsheet, and grinding my ass off to get the uber lv 75 + demons for the final battle).

DigiTak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyunckel I took my time reading the text. I just read fast. As for grinding I did it once every event. Once I did it twice though for Duhbe.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like everyone is running on Desmume or has an updated firmware. Sucks to have a R4SDHC :(

this used to have the latest woodR4 ready to go (using a woodr4sdhc.nds file to launch the firmware upon the game) but it's only at 1.42... Seems the site is not updated anymore.

Gonna cross fingers and wait for Rudolph's patch or an hexadecimal value to change by hand (which I prefer)...

I'm running it fine on a fake AK2i running a version of AKAIO I put on a month or two ago. Clean rom too.

I finished the first day, and so far I'm loving this game. Although you can tell that they have boosted the difficulty a bit so battles are a little harder, take more time, and demons are much smarter. You, also have to grind much more, which sucks, because there aren't a lot of different varieties of different free battles, so its always the same thing. Personally though I like this game, and its very fun. But another problem is the day's are to short! It only took me around an hour, or less to complete the first day. So I don't think there are as many events in a day as in devil survivor one. Either that, or I was just playing so non-stop that is only took me an hour or so? I don't know.

I'm on the third day and have gone into one free battle to get enough macca to buy one more demon I wanted. Grinding is certainly not mandatory if you play right and don't waste macca. It's more of a solution than a requirement.
So far the days seem to last the same amount of time. They go by pretty fast in DS1 as well. I remember since i've beat the game probably 8 different times.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I played for 15 minutes, beat the introductory mission/battle, and then I had to go to class. It was fine anyways. I forgot to update Wood before I left today, and nowhere I go seems to have wifi that my DS actually likes.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to like this game, but i'm stuck again, on Day 2 now, this is hard.

Basically i'm at

The mission Demon-Hacked, The battle with the girl who summons demons

I've tried to fuse demons, but all the ones i can fuse don't seem to have any really good stats, currently i'm at level 11.

Current Demonsona's:

MC: Fallen Gagyson level 11 with Zan, un-usable elec-dance, Dia, Un-unsable Counter and Mana Bonus with Sacrifice
Hare of Inaba Level 10 with Dia, Amrita, Snipe, Extra Bonus, Knight Soul, Hero Aid, Devil speed

Daichi: Pixie dia and Zia and glamour, and Agathion with Zio and Agi, Moneybags and Ghost Wounds

Lo: Pixie with Dia and Zio and Kabuso with Agi and Zan

Joe Hare of Inaba Dia, Amrita, Bufu, extra bonus, hero aid and Devil speed

Knocker Zan, Dia, Extra Bonus and Glamour

I assume it would be better to ditch the pixies, not sure though. I do somewhat ok during the start of the battle, i let them come near me, but after a bit i get overwhelmed because my demons just don't do enough damage to keep up with the enemies and their dia's and such

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to like this game, but i'm stuck again, on Day 2 now, this is hard.

Basically i'm at

The mission Demon-Hacked, The battle with the girl who summons demons

I've tried to fuse demons, but all the ones i can fuse don't seem to have any really good stats, currently i'm at level 11.

Current Demonsona's:

MC: Fallen Gagyson level 11 with Zan, un-usable elec-dance, Dia, Un-unsable Counter and Mana Bonus with Sacrifice
Hare of Inaba Level 10 with Dia, Amrita, Snipe, Extra Bonus, Knight Soul, Hero Aid, Devil speed

Daichi: Pixie dia and Zia and glamour, and Agathion with Zio and Agi, Moneybags and Ghost Wounds

Lo: Pixie with Dia and Zio and Kabuso with Agi and Zan

Joe Hare of Inaba Dia, Amrita, Bufu, extra bonus, hero aid and Devil speed

Knocker Zan, Dia, Extra Bonus and Glamour

I assume it would be better to ditch the pixies, not sure though. I do somewhat ok during the start of the battle, i let them come near me, but after a bit i get overwhelmed because my demons just don't do enough damage to keep up with the enemies and their dia's and such

First off, fuse a Tam Lin. He's pretty damn strong.

Hare of Inaba is practically useless. It's fast, but its combat stats (Str and Magic) are low for its level. Knockers are good for their str and vit.
Kikimora is a great mage assuming you fuse it with demons that have a magic skill to start off with so it doesn't just have Dia till it levels up.

I forgot what level I was for that fight, but I don't think I was 11.
Roughly my party was

MC, Tam Lin, Knocker (my MC is 90% built to str with a few points to Vit, doesn't really matter too much though since I didn't pair him with any demon that compliments a physical MC)
Daichi, Kabuso, Knocker
Io, Kikimora, Agathion
Joe, Agathion and I forgot the other...he died so he wasn't really important in my victory.

Had some backup pixies, kobolds and an ogre. Can't say any of them did much in the fight as far as being replacements...but hell fodder is always good to have, better than your leader dying.

Focus on killing a single demon in fights. They don't have recarm (revive) yet, so they can't heal whats dead obviously. Any party with a Itsumade in the center, you should just aim for it. They have piss poor HP and you can usually kill them with 3 attacks, if not 4 with an extra turn, unless something has the Knights Soul ability to protect their leader. Prioritize getting to the hacker chick. Take out her demons and she herself becomes harmless since her only skill is hacking, which isn't offensive in any way. She keeps summoning demons so the sooner she dies the better. Though, don't suicide rush over to her and get mobbed either. As far as I noticed she only summoned demons as you killed a certain amount so waiting for demons to come closer might be to your benefit as long as you don't wait so long that they are ALL within range of you by the time you act.

Also like I said earlier, if you haven't noticed already, use the "search" function with default settings in the Cathedral of Shadows and it'll give you a list of all demons you can fuse or potentially fuse, by level, and even some 2-3 levels above your current fuse level. Incredibly handy for finding demons to fuse with good stats.

Reactions: 1 person

zavlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know if its normal that at the end of day 2 i just have a bunch of people with stage 1 fate, and one person at 2? or did i screw things up?

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I'm running it fine on a fake AK2i running a version of AKAIO I put on a month or two ago. Clean rom too.

Have fun against Duhbe at the end of the day ;)

Hint: Dicastia is the way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....