Gaming Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2, Release: Feb 28

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
anyone know if its normal that at the end of day 2 i just have a bunch of people with stage 1 fate, and one person at 2? or did i screw things up?

As far as I remember, you have 7 days to grind people up to lv4. Then at the 8th day you have to persuade them to join you, depending on the path you've taken. (the paths available correspond roughly to people at lv4 as well)

So yeah I think it's normal, don't think it's possible to have people at level 5 before last day anyway.

FYI lv5 usually unlock the best demon of one race (ie= Yo unlocks the most powerfull MEgami, Gloomy unlocks Satan, another one unlocks Shiva...)

EDIT:

With the new Wood R4 update (v1.45), do we still need to patch the rom? Or can we use the clean one?

WoodR4 1.45 Changelog.txt

core:
- minor fix in homebrew softreset.
- devkitpro 'Exit to Menu Protocol' support. (http://devkitpro.org...i/Homebrew_Menu)
- associations support added. you can associate any file type (except nds&gba) to any homebrew application. launched file passed to application as argv[1] params. i know two applications that support this: nesDS and Iku reader. associations settings stored in /__rpg/associations.ini file. sample:
[nes]
launcher=fat0:/nesDs.nds
show=1
[fb2]
launcher=fat0:/iku.nds
show=1
[epub]
launcher=fat0:/iku.nds
show=1

compatibility:
- 'shin megami tensei - devil survivor 2 (usa)' fixed.
I guess you don't have to AP patch the game anymore with this update.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I finally finished the first day and I think I might like Daichi a little more now, he was pretty badass with the truck (I don't get how a truck was able to hurt it but military weapons weren't - still too many logical errors for my taste...) and I hope he stays that way, less wussy, more reliable. I still prefer Atsubro over him any day tho.

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I finally finished the first day and I think I might like Daichi a little more now, he was pretty badass with the truck (I don't get how a truck was able to hurt it but military weapons weren't - still too many logical errors for my taste...) and I hope he stays that way, less wussy, more reliable. I still prefer Atsubro over him any day tho.

Wait for Keita then. Overall DeSu 2's characters have been more enjoyable IMO.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like how you interact more personally with each character this time, at least so far, in the first one it didn't feel like you were befriending the other characters, you just sometimes ran into them and talked about stuff regarding the situation - of course you got some details about their personal life, like Gin's girlfriend, but it was all related to the main storyline and never felt like you're doing stuff with the person just because you'd like to get to know each other. It feels more like that's the case in the 2nd from the scenes I've seen so far... I like me some distracting side stories besides the main story. :)

Can't wait to meet the others, tho I won't have time to play until tonight. :< I'm especially looking forward to Ronaldo (because, gosh, I dig detectives.. XD), Fumi and Airi... red hair ftw!

Shinintendo

OP
Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm enjoying the game very much, more than DS 1.
The fate system is a little mystery anyone know how it works?
I loved the challenge the game provide, the need for money farming. and the extra skills when fusing.
All in all major improvments in all regards than the 1st game.
It even give option for 3 saves :D

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I always do the MC magic based, as there is far too many boss enemies with stuff like phys block, repel or drain in SMT games, also high on vit, and throwing a few points into agi... and whenever I feel like it I'll put a point or two into strength (since some skills require strength).

But there's nothing better than allmighty and holy magic damage!

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone else is doing MC magic based too? xD

Holy Dance FTW buddy !

There is already Ronaldo (40 STR 40 VIT), Daichi (35 STR 36 AGL), Jungo (40 STR 40 VIT), Keita (40 STR 37 AGL) and Hinako (40 STR 40 AGL) to use for STR purposes.
Not to mention Io and Yamato (40 STR 40 MAG) hybrid builds...

EDIT:

I'm enjoying the game very much, more than DS 1.
The fate system is a little mystery anyone know how it works? :D

FATE (ENISHI):

LV1= One magic affinity (STR against)
LV2= You can crack the skill assigned to his/her team with your MC, and MC's crack skill assigned is also crackable by that LV2 FATE team.
LV3= You unlock a usually UNIQUE Demon: Io LV31 Megami, Joe LV32 Avatar, Jungo LV33 Deity, Daichi LV33 Genma, Fumi LV37 Deity, Airi LV37 Wilder, Hinako LV38 Femme, Keita LV38 Touki, Ronaldo LV45 Deity, Otome LV46 Femme, Yamato LV49 Deity, Makoto LV50 Hero,Gloomy One LV77 (best Deity: Asura)
LV4= IIRC you add another magic affinity
LV5= Daichi LV 52, Hinako LV55, Io LV58, Keita LV60, Airi LV62, Joe LV64, Jungo LV67 (best Touki), Makoto LV69, Fumi LV 71, Ronaldo LV75, Otome LV77 (best Megami: Amaterasu), Gloomy One LV99 (Lucifer, best Tyrant)

All of this is in my openoffice spreadsheet which was posted on Zshare on previous page btw

ayasaaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Holy Dance FTW buddy !

There is already Ronaldo (40 STR 40 VIT), Daichi (35 STR 36 AGL), Jungo (40 STR 40 VIT), Keita (40 STR 37 AGL) and Hinako (40 STR 40 AGL) to use for STR purposes.

Good to know i didn't messed up so XD

Also:

Can you actually save Keita? Because I couldn't save him :X
And I'm at 3rd day already :ninja:

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually zshare gives a file not found error, just checked it.

Jeez, it worked fine like some hours ago Oo
Definately not because of people not havind DL/d it for 60 days
Surely some "The file was deleted by zSHARE because it didn't comply with our Terms of Use " BS

Here you go, on my old RapidShare account (no waiting involved also)

https://www.rapidsha...ium_0.9.ods|139

EDIT:

Holy Dance FTW buddy !

Also:

Arf sorry yes you could indeed, on day two, think it was at 14:30 ! (2:30 pm)
In fact, EVERYONE can be saved. If you don't go to the events, they die :D

Only Ronaldo / Yamato is a tie in choice at like last day (or was it the day before last ? )

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FATE (ENISHI):

LV1= One magic affinity (STR against)
LV2= You can crack the skill assigned to his/her team with your MC, and MC's crack skill assigned is also crackable by that LV2 FATE team.
LV3= You unlock a usually UNIQUE Demon: Io LV31 Megami, Joe LV32 Avatar, Jungo LV33 Deity, Daichi LV33 Genma, Fumi LV37 Deity, Airi LV37 Wilder, Hinako LV38 Femme, Keita LV38 Touki, Ronaldo LV45 Deity, Otome LV46 Femme, Yamato LV49 Deity, Makoto LV50 Hero,Gloomy One LV77 (best Deity: Asura)
LV4= IIRC you add another magic affinity
LV5= Daichi LV 52, Hinako LV55, Io LV58, Keita LV60, Airi LV62, Joe LV64, Jungo LV67 (best Touki), Makoto LV69, Fumi LV 71, Ronaldo LV75, Otome LV77 (best Megami: Amaterasu), Gloomy One LV99 (Lucifer, best Tyrant)

All of this is in my openoffice spreadsheet which was posted on Zshare on previous page btw

Level 4 doesn't give you another affinity. It allows you to send demons to the other person instantly.

And there's an anti-holy skill now : (

3rd day boss was a pushover. (hint: crack drain from Ronaldo, boss can still be hit by holy. Overwise, just sit back and let Ronaldo take care of it.)

4th day
Woke up, another boss right away. Another pushover. But wait, those aren't the main body? Fuuu.
Otome get! Yays~

ayasaaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually zshare gives a file not found error, just checked it.

Jeez, it worked fine like some hours ago Oo
Definately not because of people not havind DL/d it for 60 days
Surely some "The file was deleted by zSHARE because it didn't comply with our Terms of Use " BS

Here you go, on my old RapidShare account (no waiting involved also)

https://www.rapidsha...ium_0.9.ods|139

EDIT:

Holy Dance FTW buddy !

Also:

Arf sorry yes you could indeed, on day two, think it was at 14:30 ! (2:30 pm)
In fact, EVERYONE can be saved. If you don't go to the events, they die :D

Only Ronaldo / Yamato is a tie in choice at like last day (or was it the day before last ? )

Ouch x_x
Well thanks for telling it, i'll restart the game to save him >_

Reactions: 1 person

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ouch x_x
Well thanks for telling it, i'll restart the game to save him >_<
Luckily thee's three save files now, so I'll be saving each morning of a new day in one of the additional two slots and use the first one as my main save, just in case I mess up and have to go back a day or two... XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT