Gaming Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2, Release: Feb 28

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I got to the first boss battle, but what happened is that the woman with the black suit (Makoto) you met somewhere joins your party... and surprisingly she was the one who defeated the boss after she temporarily joins your party... o__o;;

Must be affected with the dialouges you selected...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got to the first boss battle, but what happened is that the woman with the black suit (Makoto) you met somewhere joins your party... and surprisingly she was the one who defeated the boss after she temporarily joins your party... o__o;;

Must be affected with the dialouges you selected...

That wasn't a boss fight.
Well, not really. Just a stronger demon.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I've gotten past the first boss with the patched version on DS2.

Is it just me, or has the difficulty been ramped since the first one?
Another boss battle on the 2nd day!? Resists almost everything but force (and physical)?! Ice dance spam?! You have to protect a friggin gate from the bombs it sends out. Game over if a singe bomb reaches the gate?! Not to mention the SPPPAAARRKK!

Time to grind level up on enemies that give you like 20exp for the whole team

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes, I've gotten past the first boss with the patched version on DS2.

Is it just me, or has the difficulty been ramped since the first one?
Another boss battle on the 2nd day!? Resists almost everything but force (and physical)?! Ice dance spam?! You have to protect a friggin gate from the bombs it sends out. Game over if a singe bomb reaches the gate?! Not to mention the SPPPAAARRKK!

Time to grind level up on enemies that give you like 20exp for the whole team

thanks, i test the game later then

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only on Day 2 but i'm already getting as sick of this game as i did the first.

It seems like everything that can fuck you up in the game will, and that its based around letting the computer get the best of you.

Just had a battle, was about to finish off the leader when my MC who would do the finishing move gets frozen from the ice attack

Then there's the fact that i always seem to do just enough damage to almost kill them, except that they seem to make it out with 1-3 HP

FUCK
TACTIC
GAMES

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^
U mad?

Although I do think think is harder than the first one, I've had pretty much no trouble until the second day boss. And then only because I couldn't protect an venerable piece of Japanese history (which somehow got everyone in my party so depressed they gave up on life and killed themselves)

Update: Yes! Marak's down. Got two angels spamming zan.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm only on Day 2 but i'm already getting as sick of this game as i did the first.

It seems like everything that can fuck you up in the game will, and that its based around letting the computer get the best of you.

Just had a battle, was about to finish off the leader when my MC who would do the finishing move gets frozen from the ice attack

Then there's the fact that i always seem to do just enough damage to almost kill them, except that they seem to make it out with 1-3 HP

FUCK
TACTIC
GAMES

The difficulty is what makes it fun.
Playing brainlessly simple games gets boring, and that's pretty much every game out there these days.

Suck less and maybe you'll have more fun. Remember, you need to use your brain. So, turn it on.

Reactions: 3 people

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FUCK
TACTIC
GAMES

Playing brainlessly simple games gets boring, and that's pretty much every game out there these days.

Suck less and maybe you'll have more fun. Remember, you need to use your brain. So, turn it on.

I understand where he is coming from but it like you said malice, it's what makes the game fun. I just wish daichi would get some vitality because he is causing me to fail...alot and joe but at least he is being targeted by the boss.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe is the most useless one in my party. He pretty much dies every fight.
Daichi isn't actually too bad if he sticks to physical attacks. I just stuck him with two magic demons and he tends to kick enough ass to be useful in most fights.

Right now i've split Io as a magic user + healer. I should probably focus her purely on offensive magic and get Joe to sit in the sidelines with support skills and support demons. Make him do SOMETHING useful.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FUCK
TACTIC
GAMES

Suck less?

I didn't fucking make my character do 1-3 less fucking damage to fail kill the demon. God fucking forbid i don't want to use my MP on a fucking move that may not do a lot when all my damn melee attack needed to do WAS 1-3 MORE DAMAGE. It's not like i'm asking for super criticals, its 1-3 damage, and this crap happens all the time DS 1 and DS2. So yeah, Fuck me if i don't want to waste WHAT LITTLE MP I ACTUALLY GET. It's not about using my brain, it's about getting lucky and hoping the game doesn't decide it wants to fuck me 3 ways to sunday a few hours into the damn game.

AND YES I AM MAD

I MAD SO MUCHHHHHHHHHH
\

I MAD

I MAD

I AM ******** MAD

though less with this and more with resonance of fate, but thats a different story. So yes, this post is now because i'm actually furious over a completely different game.

FML

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe's not too bad as a magic glass cannon. (better Hinako, who's stats are too spread out for my liking)
I prefer my party to be based around offensive magic and one physical and it's worked pretty well last game.

Oh my, they're serious. One ass raping boss per day T_T

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe's not too bad as a magic glass cannon.
I prefer my party to be based around offensive magic and one physical and it's worked pretty well last game.

Oh my, they're serious. One ass raping boss per day T_T

I prefer my party just to have whatever until it ***** me up in the game and i quit over frustration, yeah i didn't get far in DS1, stupid haru crap, currently in Day 2 in DS2, just finished the battle with the 3 people, it's not bad so far, but it seems like the game really does try to find ways to screw me over.

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The key to this game is to continually fuse the strongest possible demon available to you. That plus a little grinding (always do the free battle a least once to crack some skill) will see you through most battles pretty easily.

Don't like grinding? Too bad.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The key to this game is to continually fuse the strongest possible demon available to you. That plus a little grinding (always do the free battle a least once to crack some skill) will see you through most battles pretty easily.

Don't like grinding? Too bad.

I don't mind grinding, what i do mind is the game screwing me out of things because of 1-3 damage, and seemingly hitting me with status ailments the second i am about to win, It's the bullshit factor and it giving the CPU the avantage that gets me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse